Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Default New Warriors relaunch in April by Daniel Kibblesmith and Luciano Vecchio

Well damn, I'm always down for Vecchio's work. I really love Silhouette's redesign from Iron Heart

New characters look fun too

Just having Night Thrasher back was enough for me, but now they went and put the icing on the cake. Really good news.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Nice to see the classic team together. And I like the concept of them being mentors to a brand new team.

Interesting that Daniel says Justice will be there, but he's ''torn between worlds'' and not on any cover. I wonder if he's siding with the law and going against his teammates...

I noticed they refer to the law as ''Kamala's Law''. Is that its official name? Sounds like Kamala might've been directly responsible for whatever that triggered Outlawed #1.

Finally Firestar back on an ongoing book, it's about frigging time. I love Dawn of X, but I just knew Hickman had no intention of using Firestar for anything even if she was teased part of it on the original poster. I am so glad a writer is finally bringing Firestar back and it's even better it's with the best team she was ever on, the New Warriors!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

All-New Member GodOfTheDankdimension's Avatar

Awww man no Nova?

BANNED

Oh hell yeah. Looks awesome!

They're both on other teams. Richard is with the Guardians of the Galaxy, and Sam is in Champions.

You know what? Marvel having Champions and New Warriors launching at the same time reminds of DC's Titans and Teen Titans. The Warriors being the old pros like the Titans, the Champs being the relative newbies like the Teen Titans. I wonder if the two teams will interact like the Titans teams have? Especially since Sam was on both teams and Silhouette knows Ironheart.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-10-2020 at 02:26 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by GodOfTheDankdimension View Post
    Awww man no Nova?
    Nope. Kibblesmith says he was the only OG they didn't use because of his cosmic duties, but I think that's such a BS excuse when other characters get to appear in more than one book at the same time, even when those books take place in completely different settings and circumstances. I guess Marvel is just not interested in telling Earth stories with Rich anymore.

That's really nice! And I'm totally fine with Richard's absence since he's in very good hands.

Are Blue and Pinky the wakandan siblings from West Coast Avengers?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

New Warriors being back is great and all but the set up for the series makes me a bit wary. Makes it sound like they're going to be running around trying to force people to register with the new CRADLE losers.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Are Blue and Pinky the wakandan siblings from West Coast Avengers?
    No these guys have completely different designs, and going by that second cover Blue has ice powers which don't match Ramone at all

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    No these guys have completely different designs, and going by that second cover Blue has ice powers which don't match Ramone at all
    Ah, that's true. I didn't pay attention.

I hope this comics won't suffer the same fate as the latest Champions, with people complaning that they only want to read about the founders.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

The art looks nice. First time I've liked a drawing of Night Thrasher to be honest. I'll wait, and see what I read about it. Hopefully the first issue drops before it's cancelled.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    New Warriors being back is great and all but the set up for the series makes me a bit wary. Makes it sound like they're going to be running around trying to force people to register with the new CRADLE losers.
    I was under the impression they were going to be on the opposite side of the law, but now that you mention it, ''training a new generation to be proper heroes'' does sound like maybe they sided with the government. If that's the case, I guess the narrative is probably going to be framed like them trying to not make the same mistakes that led to Civil War.... and if Justice didn't side with his team, then that would mean he is the one member who decided to go against the law. Interesting... we'll see how this plays out.