Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Damn, they really gave a granny swimsuit to Namorita.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member

Not liking the art for Angie and Nita...both look heavier than they have ever been drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    The classic New Warriors ladies are looking thicc. Firestar looks stunning.

I wonder if Vance is marveling at the new operation or staring at Angelica? Is he still with Ultra Girl?

The New Warriors trying to keep other kids on the right side of the law is a change of pace. Especially since I don't see it ending well.

Does the girl on the far right have a magic backpack?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Not liking the art for Angie and Nita...both look heavier than they have ever been drawn.
    To be fair to Namorita, have you ever seen a female swimmer? They are very athletic, but they are typically not very skinny at all.

I wonder how long it'll take for people to realize that Earth-616 Namorita is still dead.

Maybe once the Five get around to rezzing her on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Does the girl on the far right have a magic backpack?
    She looks like she's doing a magical girl transformation sequence.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    To be fair to Namorita, have you ever seen a female swimmer? They are very athletic, but they are typically not very skinny at all.
    IRL...yes. But I do not recall her ever being drawn that bulked. Even Namor who is stronger than her is still drawn pretty svelte.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    IRL...yes. But I do not recall her ever being drawn that bulked. Even Namor who is stronger than her is still drawn pretty svelte.
    Not to mention Namora.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not to mention Namora.
    Or even Andromeda.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Andro...en_(Earth-616)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The classic New Warriors ladies are looking thicc. Firestar looks stunning.

I wonder if Vance is marveling at the new operation or staring at Angelica? Is he still with Ultra Girl?

The New Warriors trying to keep other kids on the right side of the law is a change of pace. Especially since I don't see it ending well.
    I really hope they don't pull the 'there back together' nonsense with them. They had their time...and it is past. Keep Vance with Suzy. And I still want to know how she is 'mutant kree'.

Extraordinary Member

I like it when female characters are drawn to actually look sort of like athletes and not just hot models. I also like to see more diverse bodytypes and I am so digging magical backpack girl!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I wonder how long it'll take for people to realize that Earth-616 Namorita is still dead.

Maybe once the Five get around to rezzing her on Krakoa.
    I'm pretty sure Marvel wants us to think this IS 616 Namorita, much like they did with Scott Lang when they brought him back through time travel. No one ever established that was an AU Scott and everyone just kept treating him like the original one, so I'm assuming they're doing the same with Nita.

Plus, doesn't Krakoa have a rule against using the ressurrection protocols on a mutant who already has a body, to avoid the creation of clones? So I'm not sure they would be allowed to do anything with Nita, even if they have her consciousness somehow. It would also probably not be a good idea for them to do that with a relative of Namor, considering he doesn't want to be associated with Krakoa at the moment.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

So...
    "Trying to keep the "New" "New Warriors" on the right side if the law"

Is what theyre going with, huh?

I know its just a mini so.... I guess maybe this is a gateway to gettting a new warriors full reboot someday, with thrash and nova bickering in space...

*looks toward distant horizon...*
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm pretty sure Marvel wants us to think this IS 616 Namorita, much like they did with Scott Lang when they brought him back through time travel. No one ever established that was an AU Scott and everyone just kept treating him like the original one, so I'm assuming they're doing the same with Nita.

Plus, doesn't Krakoa have a rule against using the ressurrection protocols on a mutant who already has a body, to avoid the creation of clones? So I'm not sure they would be allowed to do anything with Nita, even if they have her consciousness somehow. It would also probably not be a good idea for them to do that with a relative of Namor, considering he doesn't want to be associated with Krakoa at the moment.
    Good point. Scott was actually rescued just before he would've died, so the change to the timeline would've been very minor. Remember, they never actually found a body... just his helmet. Runaways had a similar timeline change when Gert Yorkes was pulled out from the past to save her life. The team now never found her body, when originally they did and buried her. Night Thrasher is actually also back from the dead. He was pulled out just before the Stamford explosion. He would've been atomised, so no body found and history doesn't change. Namorita, however, is a bigger problem, as at least the 2005 New Warriors series and Civil War #1 would've had her involvement removed. And since that stuff was all filmed for television.... I think they should actually show someone watching that show.... and that Namorita isn't there any more. Would give an extra reason for Debrii to be added, as without Nita, there'd have been no girls at all before the producers forced her onto the team. Those characters are all 616, it's 616 itself that got altered by their rescues.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman