Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

... at least the cat is still alive.

Really looking forward to this series. Hope it leads to an ongoing.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Holy Hell.

Snowflake and Safespace? Trailblazer?

I don't know who I pity more right now. This generation, or comic book shop owners?
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 05-08-2020 at 09:26 AM.

To play devil’s advocate, is this any worse than other dated creations like Dazzler or Adam X aka eXtreme? Even Deadpool started out as a 90s gimmick. My personal hope is that this is the Mad Thinker’s take on the Thunderbolts. These are young villains pretending to be heroes using the crackdown for cover. They chose those names to rub it in everyone’s faces. Tell me you aren’t getting a Techno/Fixer vibe from internet gas kid. This will end with the original Warriors having to clean up a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    To play devil’s advocate, is this any worse than other dated creations like Dazzler or Adam X aka eXtreme? Even Deadpool started out as a 90s gimmick. My personal hope is that this is the Mad Thinker’s take on the Thunderbolts. These are young villains pretending to be heroes using the crackdown for cover. They chose those names to rub it in everyone’s faces. Tell me you aren’t getting a Techno/Fixer vibe from internet gas kid. This will end with the original Warriors having to clean up a mess.
    I'm sorry, but this is light years worse than anything I've ever seen. This even tops off that Batwoman Trailer.

At least with the 90s it was violent entertainment. Azrael Batman. Eradicator. Venom, Spawn, and Deadpool. Even Adam X had a fun power (able to set blood on fire). That's ultimately what my times were more about. Just fun. You escape reality to go into a world you love immersing yourself in

But this? This is a book about Political Correctness. These days, its beyond obvious stories are being sacrificed because somebody's trying to make a political statement. I just wish this crap was kept in employee training videos and manuals. At least I get paid to suffer through that. Just keep this crap away from my comics and movies
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 05-08-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I don't know who I pity more right now. This generation, or comic book shop owners?
    Why feel sorry for the comic shop owners? They aren't being forced to order it. The entire system is based around comic stores ordering what their customers request them to order. If the customers don't order it and it bombs as hard as everyone is begging it to, their order will be low and they'll take almost no loss on it, if any.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Why feel sorry for the comic shop owners? They aren't being forced to order it. The entire system is based around comic stores ordering what their customers request them to order. If the customers don't order it and it bombs as hard as everyone is begging it to, their order will be low and they'll take almost no loss on it, if any.
    Because they need help. They need comics people actually want. If I was a comic book shop owner and I saw this was the new material from Marvel?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Oh, how I miss when this was first announced and people were actually being reasonable instead of acting like fake outraged edgelords...

Anyway, I'm hoping Marvel will add this series to their batch of digital>trade titles. I don't think they should bother with floppies with this one.

Because they need help. They need comics people actually want. If I was a comic book shop owner and I saw this was the new material from Marvel?
    I doubt a C-List team book was going to have people breaking down the comic shop doors anyway.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Ultimate Member

So you have talked to all 2000 store owners and they told you that?

As for comic book stores-a New Warriors books is the LEAST of their worries.

They need to be more worried about all those unsold Batman and X-Men books that were left over. That no one will touch until they hit bins or a sale.

Along with all those Funko Pop and other stuff that can be bought CHEAPER at Wal-mart or Target or Ebay.

Just keep this crap away from my comics and movies
    Last time I checked DISNEY owns them and they can do whatever they want. They are the owners not folk pretending to be upset at a book they would never buy.

Comic book stores are NOT required to order the book. They have the OPTION.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/option

Definition of option

1 : an act of choosing hard to make an option between such alternatives

2 : the power or right to choose : freedom of choice He has the option to cancel the deal.
    New Warriors is no different from the Archie books, Savage Dragon, Alterna Books, Cave Woman and her many variant covers that don't get ordered.

Book is not even out yet.