Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Yay! The New Warriors !

I'm not digging Speedball's new haircut, but Firestar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I was under the impression they were going to be on the opposite side of the law, but now that you mention it, ''training a new generation to be proper heroes'' does sound like maybe they sided with the government. If that's the case, I guess the narrative is probably going to be framed like them trying to not make the same mistakes that led to Civil War.... and if Justice didn't side with his team, then that would mean he is the one member who decided to go against the law. Interesting... we'll see how this plays out.
    It sounded like the government was completely putting a stop to people under 21 being heroes, but maybe they're training them to use their power for when they're legally old enough?

I guess it beats throwing them in jail, and it reminds me of the Initiative.

I’m really surprised and excited for this!

Aw well, they took Kibblesmith but it's been so long that they deserve it. Nice tweak to Thrasher's look.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

As much as I'm glad to see them, and will probably give it a try, it's sad that it follows the same pattern as too many comics.

Founding members coming back in almost every iteration.
    New members being limboed to be replaced by a new generation of new members who will probably be limboed too

First Bolt, Aegis, Timeslip
    Then Microb, Debrii
    Then some former X-kids
    Then Sun-Girl, Haechi, Hummingbird
    Now those guys
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I will admit, while in-practice I liked the idea of the classic members mentoring new heroes, that's a lot of characters to juggle in one book.

To be fair, Microbe has a good excuse for not appearing since, he's dead. Though he is a mutant, so I suppose HOXPOX has finally opened up a way back for him. Too bad we know they won't. The X kids are mostly repowered now (Beak and Angel were the focus of a couple of New Mutants issues recently, and Jubilee and Chamber were repowered some time ago). I think only Wind Dancer remains unpowered (her mutant powers are too similar to those of Agents of Atlas's Aero, maybe that's why she's been ignored).

Haechi showed up on Avengers Assemble when they did the Inhumans arc (that introduced Ms. Marvel) and Hummingbird was in Champions #6 last year. Neither have had any other appearances since NW was cancelled though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This is unexpected. Excited to see characters like Night Thrasher and Firestar in a book again. Really looking forward to this one.

Nope. Kibblesmith says he was the only OG they didn't use because of his cosmic duties, but I think that's such a BS excuse when other characters get to appear in more than one book at the same time, even when those books take place in completely different settings and circumstances. I guess Marvel is just not interested in telling Earth stories with Rich anymore.
    Ewing’s talked before about how his take on Rich is that he just can’t live on Earth anymore. A lot of characters appear in multiple books, sure, but I think what Ewing’s doing with Rich means that just can’t happen with him.

Yeah, what turned out to be the New Warriors section in Incoming mentioned this. Thrash invited Rich to come work with him again, and reforming the team was specifically mentioned. Rich turned him down. I assumed at the time that those pages were promoting Guardians of the Galaxy, which is where we'll be seeing Rich. But it's actually what Dwayne said that was more important! They basically announced the team was back a couple of weeks ago, and we didn't realise it!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

In terms of character lineup this is an improvement as far as original NW vs new faces ratio ( last volume only started with two originals i believe vs 5 here) but five new faces to me is still too many. I'll give this a shot but ultimately i think it's destined to end up having the fate of the last volume with a relatively short run with the bulk of the new creations seeing little to no usage after the series concludes.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They're both on other teams. Richard is with the Guardians of the Galaxy, and Sam is in Champions.

You know what? Marvel having Champions and New Warriors launching at the same time reminds of DC's Titans and Teen Titans. The Warriors being the old pros like the Titans, the Champs being the relative newbies like the Teen Titans. I wonder if the two teams will interact like the Titans teams have? Especially since Sam was on both teams and Silhouette knows Ironheart.
    Speaking of ironheart, I don’t remember seeing her on any of the art for outlawed- unless I didn’t look closely enough. I wonder if that means something.

Nope. Kibblesmith says he was the only OG they didn't use because of his cosmic duties, but I think that's such a BS excuse when other characters get to appear in more than one book at the same time, even when those books take place in completely different settings and circumstances. I guess Marvel is just not interested in telling Earth stories with Rich anymore.
    Unfortunately, I have no interest in the cosmic side of marvel, and Sam-nova just irritates me.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    The art looks nice. First time I've liked a drawing of Night Thrasher to be honest. I'll wait, and see what I read about it. Hopefully the first issue drops before it's cancelled.
    Oh god, that redesign of Night Thrasher...............it's just beautiful .Everyone else looks great too but finally, FINALLY someone has a redesign for Night Thrasher that honors the old while updating it for modern times. (As an aside, NOW I'd buy Night Thrasher as part of a trio of heroes who are responsible for saving the world).

I'm sold! Can't wait to read the first issue here. Really hoping that Vance and Richie show up (personally, would like to see Rich come to terms with Namorita).
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Ewing’s talked before about how his take on Rich is that he just can’t live on Earth anymore. A lot of characters appear in multiple books, sure, but I think what Ewing’s doing with Rich means that just can’t happen with him.
    Sounds like Grant Morrison's Hal Jordan.

I can't believe someone is still trying to make the skateboard aspect of Night Thrasher work.

So excited for this!!!