Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    On-top of that he was arrested in Sam Wilson's FalCap run, where he died.

Was he already brought back to life and I missed it...?
    He never died, he was only in a coma.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I’m in it for Dwayne. The new characters look trendy, obnoxious, and limbo bound. Hope they survive the experience. Insert obligatory rant about using what’s available instead of adding to the d list pile. Know where the initiative recruits are? The unemployment line with Stacy X.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

He was also a wrestler alongside D-Man.

Apparently it’s a five issue mini, along with power pack

There’s what looks to be a vampire

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Apparently it’s a five issue mini, along with power pack
    Source? What I read was that Power Pack is a mini, but New Warriors didn't have a specified length - which usually means ongoing. Personally I would expect it to be 12 issues, like last time. More if it sells well.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I could've sworn there was a point where Sam found out he was dead, and that's when he gave up the shield, but maybe I'm mis-remembering.

Source? What I read was that Power Pack is a mini, but New Warriors didn't have a specified length - which usually means ongoing. Personally I would expect it to be 12 issues, like last time. More if it sells well.
    I read that New Warriors was a five-issue mini from comicbook.com website:

Teased in the pages of Annihilation - Scourge: Omega #1, the New Warriors have officially returned as a team to the Marvel mythos. As the comics giant pushes further into 2020, the company announced a New Warriors relaunch this spring, spinning out of the company's Outlawed event. The House of Ideas announced in a press release Friday afternoon acclaimed writer Daniel Kibblesmith will head up the five-issue mini-series featuring art by Luciano Vecchio (Ironheart) and covers by R.B. Silva (Powers of X).
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

YES! YES! HELL YEAH!!!!

Too bad Vance and Rich are left off. I understand why Rich can't hang with his old friends, but it still sad. With Vance I'd love to hear his opinion on Krakoa. And I'm wondering if Angel is living there or is she not feeling how the mutant race is being ran. I hope Nita is going to show her feeling on how crazy her cousin has been acting too. Love Thrash's look. Hate that Rage is still in that biker/Lucha libre look. Luciano Vecchio is an excellent artist and I love, just love his Silhouette"s redesign. Too bad Angel's still in that old-school Dave Cockrum inspired (opera gloved/thigh-high boot) design. Her original look is fine, but I'm one of the few people who loved George Perez's design.

I'm hope these new kids don't take up too much panel time, even though we have to get to know them. They look okay. I'm just looking at the pink boy and blue girl with major side-eye. They better not be another set of twins. Wanda/Pietro, Jean-Paul/Jeanne-Marie and the Brian/Betsy, Xi'an/Tran, Silver/Auric and the Fenris twins are a lot. I wonder if they're black or South Asian?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I’m here for all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by GodOfTheDankdimension View Post
    Awww man no Nova?
    Completely understandable. Rich Rider's Nova is now considered a cosmic super-hero, which is fine with me.

But still, I'd love to see a possible reunion between all of the founding members soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Nice tweak to Thrasher's look.
    Agreed, especially the helmet/headgear.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Aw well, they took Kibblesmith but it's been so long that they deserve it.
    I think only Wind Dancer remains unpowered.
    Sofia Mantega (A.K.A. Wind Dancer) is my favorite character.

Maybe the new creative team can pull her out of the X-Office and find a way to re-power her.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Rage can't be one of the trainers can he? He can't be anymore than 16 years old by now.
    I'm sure Elvin's picked up a few pointers from good ol' Thrash.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-11-2020 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Added more words.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Speaking of ironheart, I don’t remember seeing her on any of the art for outlawed- unless I didn’t look closely enough. I wonder if that means something.
    She is definitely featured on art for Outlawed. She appeared on a variant cover and also appears in the preview of the book. She's also getting a mini solo as a part of the Iron Man 2020 event, so I don't think she's going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I'm hope these new kids don't take up too much panel time, even though we have to get to know them. They look okay. I'm just looking at the pink boy and blue girl with major side-eye. They better not be another set of twins. Wanda/Pietro, Jean-Paul/Jeanne-Marie and the Brian/Betsy, Xi'an/Tran, Silver/Auric and the Fenris twins are a lot. I wonder if they're black or South Asian?
    They look more like a couple than siblings on that first cover, IMO. Unless they are siblings who are also a couple. *gasp*

Will this Outlawed thing lead to another big Hero v Hero event?

For all the events Marvel has a hard on for putting out, I think it's been a while since they did Hero v Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I could've sworn there was a point where Sam found out he was dead, and that's when he gave up the shield, but maybe I'm mis-remembering.
    Yeah, you are. Part of Sam's speech when he announced he was stepping down as Cap was "when a young black hero lies in a hospital bed". From Captain America Sam Wilson #21:

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Okay...on the second piece of art they show the new members running and the fuller figure girl is in the lead. Is her power super speed? Because i don't see her beating the other new members in a race. I also wonder if her superpower has something to do with her weight. Oh don't act so shocked, you were all wondering it.

As for the rest of the new members? None of them stand out or even look remotely heroic. The costumes are forgettable as are the poses they are drawn in.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 01-11-2020 at 08:00 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest