Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I'm hope these new kids don't take up too much panel time, even though we have to get to know them. They look okay. I'm just looking at the pink boy and blue girl with major side-eye. They better not be another set of twins. Wanda/Pietro, Jean-Paul/Jeanne-Marie and the Brian/Betsy, Xi'an/Tran, Silver/Auric and the Fenris twins are a lot. I wonder if they're black or South Asian?
    What’s the issue with them being twins? Firstly, I think the cover implies more than their a couple but there are plenty of twins in the world if that’s what they are.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Okay...on the second piece of art they show the new members running and the fuller figure girl is in the lead. Is her power super speed? Because i don't see her beating the other new members in a race. I also wonder if her superpower has something to do with her weight. Oh don't act so shocked, you were all wondering it.

As for the rest of the new members? None of them stand out or even look remotely heroic. The costumes are forgettable as are the poses they are drawn in.
    5 pages before someone told the truth. I was wondering had they managed to kill every other dissenter. HAHAHAHAHA.

No.

I'm wearied of this tactic. I really wanted to read the original team. I loved those characters. Now based on the interview you get 1. Someone who was unfamiliar with the material. 2. Using a bunch of new characters under the banner of an old team. 3. Eyesore "current era" characters That the Author probably really wants to write.
    So I'm torn. I feel like I have bought even the bad new warriors runs. Even the silly ones where they got dragged through the mud. Even the one where it was Jubilee and Beak!
    On the other hand the tactic of adding new characters you want to write to teams you admittedly were never even familiar with smacks as a distasteful warning to me. Thought I really want to see the grown up version of Nova and Namorita and see if they finally fall in love. Then Nova's not even in this book consistently.
    I mean don't get me wrong. I'm not running a boycott or anything, but for me personally that interview really put me off the book. Pass.

I guess I'll keep an eye open for honest reviews of the book, I mean hell Mr. Miracle over in D.C. ended up being a sleeper hit. So hopefully this is something classic in a brightly colored disguise.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

I really like Namorita’s new look. The tiara is actually quite a regal addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I really like Namorita’s new look. The tiara is actually quite a regal addition.
    Looks like Namora. I hope her resurrection and no longer being blue are explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Wasn't Rage registered under the Initiative? I'm pretty sure that the Camp Hammond cadets all had to be over 18
    Man I wish the Initiative characters would return next.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    5 pages before someone told the truth. I was wondering had they managed to kill every other dissenter. HAHAHAHAHA.

No.

I'm wearied of this tactic. I really wanted to read the original team. I loved those characters. Now based on the interview you get 1. Someone who was unfamiliar with the material. 2. Using a bunch of new characters under the banner of an old team. 3. Eyesore "current era" characters That the Author probably really wants to write.
    So I'm torn. I feel like I have bought even the bad new warriors runs. Even the silly ones where they got dragged through the mud. Even the one where it was Jubilee and Beak!
    On the other hand the tactic of adding new characters you want to write to teams you admittedly were never even familiar with smacks as a distasteful warning to me. Thought I really want to see the grown up version of Nova and Namorita and see if they finally fall in love. Then Nova's not even in this book consistently.
    I mean don't get me wrong. I'm not running a boycott or anything, but for me personally that interview really put me off the book. Pass.

I guess I'll keep an eye open for honest reviews of the book, I mean hell Mr. Miracle over in D.C. ended up being a sleeper hit. So hopefully this is something classic in a brightly colored disguise.
    It really does feel like a bait and switch doesn't it? The really messed up thing is, if this title bombs...

It won't be blamed on the new characters who look forgettable and are being released into a sea of young Marvel heroes.

It won't be blamed on the unproven writer who admits to not really being into the property.

It won't be blamed on the fact that it's coming out of a event.

All the blame will be placed on the OG New Warriors characters. Marvel will simply say "We gave you a New Warriors series and no one read it"
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Good to see the team reunited with some new faces.

But lose some points with me by the plot uncreative basically civil war but with the young heroes.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    It really does feel like a bait and switch doesn't it? The really messed up thing is, if this title bombs...

It won't be blamed on the new characters who look forgettable and are being released into a sea of young Marvel heroes.

It won't be blamed on the unproven writer who admits to not really being into the property.

All the blame will be placed on the OG New Warriors characters. Marvel will simply say "We gave you a New Warriors series and no one read it"
    Yep. That is the worst part.
    I'd love to read a mid to late 20's new warriors book but I'm skipping the book for the reasons that you listed.
    Another thing I was interested in was seeing Vance astro slowly become more and more like Major Victory, and oddly how he and firestar deal with/feel about Krakow.
    Hell a more mature speedball...
    Honestly it feels like a meme.
    Nobody:
    Absolutley nobody:
    We want the new warriors as the new avengers academy!
    Marvel: Hey! How about the new warriors training academy!
    With suuuuuuper generic new teens!
    ...well... phew...
    But from the forums here people are really hyped about it. So let's hope it does well? No let's hope somebody really enjoys the book.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Looks like Namora. I hope her resurrection and no longer being blue are explained.
    That was explained years ago. During Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning's run on Nova, Sphinx grabbed people from different time periods, including Richard and Namorita. Afterwards, everyone was meant to go back where they came from, but Rich pulled Nita into the present instead of letting her go to the past, because he knew she would be dead soon otherwise (as that was history to him). Nita's been back since then, but not used much. During the last New Warriors series, another Atlantean joined the team, Water Snake. She had a mission to track down Nita, but the story was never resolved because the book was cancelled. The reason she couldn't find her was probably because she was still off world, having been with Nova until he got stuck in the Cancerverse at the end of that Nova series. Nita didn't show up again until Slott's Fantastic Four's first arc. It's possible she just didn't come back to Earth until then - by that time Richard was back, so maybe he brought her home.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Kibblesmith has written multiple good books and is a continuity stickler so you should be more worried about the book failing because it's about one of Marvel's most niche teams.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

It's a mini series, I doubt they'll blame anyone for anything.

If this is a mini, firestar might feature in both new warriors and continue to be (wall paper) in the X-Men?

Vance was always my favourite character, so I'll be really interested to read his opinion on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That was explained years ago. During Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning's run on Nova, Sphinx grabbed people from different time periods, including Richard and Namorita. Afterwards, everyone was meant to go back where they came from, but Rich pulled Nita into the present instead of letting her go to the past, because he knew she would be dead soon otherwise (as that was history to him). Nita's been back since then, but not used much. During the last New Warriors series, another Atlantean joined the team, Water Snake. She had a mission to track down Nita, but the story was never resolved because the book was cancelled. The reason she couldn't find her was probably because she was still off world, having been with Nova until he got stuck in the Cancerverse at the end of that Nova series. Nita didn't show up again until Slott's Fantastic Four's first arc. It's possible she just didn't come back to Earth until then - by that time Richard was back, so maybe he brought her home.
    Were we supposed to question whether Water Snake actually was Rita with memory loss right? Its been a little while for me but I remember a few of the characters mistaking her for Rita. The mystery of that was part of the reason I picked up that team book and stuck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post

No.

I've just been rereading the original NW volume and reading NT's series for the first time so initially reading this news was so excited but I admit and I'm a little wary for the same reasons but Kibblesmith is a good writer and despite his lack of familiarity initially he does seem to do his research so I'm optimistic. Not overly excited about the new characters (nothing against them, I just don't know them but the designs look a little like they're trying too hard to be futuristic if that makes sense).

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Kibblesmith has written multiple good books and is a continuity stickler so you should be more worried about the book failing because it's about one of Marvel's most niche teams.
    See what I mean? Luckily this is a limited series. As for multiple good books...

Loki.

Lockjaw? Well, I guess someone enjoyed it.

Secret Warps?

Black Panther vs Deadpool? Okay.

So you have a "blink and you will miss it" Loki.

One "I guess someone somewhere must have liked it" in Lockjaw

A "?" in Secret Warps.

And a "buy" in Black Panther vs Deadpool.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

The New Warriors have always been pretty damn diverse, I don't know how anyone can be a fan of the original run and still complain about the new characters being too representative of "current year" or whatever