Extraordinary Member

Default Tanjiro Kamado vs. Eren Jaeger

Tanjiro Kamado, the Demon Slayer, takes on Eren Jaeger, the Titan Shifter.

Tanjiro has his latest power up from the Manga, but Eren does not as it's combat capabilities are still unknown.

Bonus: They Sit and Talk

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

So... can Tanjirou blitz Eren before he bits his hand or whatever to become a titan?

Given his highest speed feats? I think he can.

He needs to know where to strike Eren or he’ll keep coming back

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    He needs to know where to strike Eren or he’ll keep coming back
    Nichirin swords actually disrupt regeneration on contact. The demons in Kimetsu no Yaiba, actually have better regenerative powers than Eren does and nichirin blades kill them all the same.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Nichirin swords actually disrupt regeneration on contact. The demons in Kimetsu no Yaiba, actually have better regenerative powers than Eren does and nichirin blades kill them all the same.
    1. The Blades disrupt Demon Regeneration because they absorb Sunlight, which Demons are vulnerable to. Titans are, IIRC, solar powered.
    2. What's the Demons best Regen feat?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    1. The Blades disrupt Demon Regeneration because they absorb Sunlight, which Demons are vulnerable to. Titans are, IIRC, solar powered.
    That's a good point that I had forgotten. Don't remember Titans being solar powered though? When was that a thing?

2. What's the Demons best Regen feat?
    A mook demon has the rather impressive benchmark feat, before nichirin swords were introduced, of having his head cut off and just beginning to grow limbs from the neck so he could continue fighting as a severed head.

Also, Lower Moon demons have removed their own heads to avoid actually being beheaded by a nichirin blade.

Genya, who isn't demon but gains some of their power by eating their flesh, got completely bisected and was still alive and talking for a good while before he actually died.

Highest level would probably be Akaza who direct his most powerful attacks against himself and obliterated his own head and most of his internal organs and limbs and was still regenerating even though he was actively trying to kill himself and was wishing that he would just die.

Extraordinary Member

That's a good point that I had forgotten. Don't remember Titans being solar powered though? When was that a thing?

A mook demon has the rather impressive benchmark feat, before nichirin swords were introduced, of having his head cut off and just beginning to grow limbs from the neck so he could continue fighting as a severed head.

Also, Lower Moon demons have removed their own heads to avoid actually being beheaded by a nichirin blade.

Genya, who isn't demon but gains some of their power by eating their flesh, got completely bisected and was still alive and talking for a good while before he actually died.

Highest level would probably be Akaza who direct his most powerful attacks against himself and obliterated his own head and most of his internal organs and limbs and was still regenerating even though he was actively trying to kill himself and was wishing that he would just die.
    It's hypothesized early on in the series that Titans gain some kind of power from the sun, because they're more sluggish at night

Thought of another good regen feat - Upper Moon 2 has stuff like regenerating his eyes in less than second after they got cut out, then absorbing a dosage of poison 70 times more powerful than a dose that causes lesser demons to melt and still continuing to regenerate enough that he is holding his body together and fighting and then, his head is cut off by a nichirin blade and he actually goes down.

I dont know the characters all that well. Would Eren starting off as a Titan change much?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I dont know the characters all that well. Would Eren starting off as a Titan change much?
    Assuming he's rocking the Assault Titan rather than... super mega titan thing... he maybe got recently? (I'll be real, I've been finding recent chapters of Shingeki no Kyojin a bit difficult to follow)

The big problem is that Tanjirou wouldn't know where to attack, though I would totally buy him being able to smell it out in time, and Eren can just manifest neck armour that Tanjirou probably can't breach.

The speed difference is such that it would be a bit like Levi vs Annie all over against except Tanjirou's cutting power is waaaay higher.

So yeah, maybe...?

Extraordinary Member

Assuming he's rocking the Assault Titan rather than... super mega titan thing... he maybe got recently? (I'll be real, I've been finding recent chapters of Shingeki no Kyojin a bit difficult to follow)

The big problem is that Tanjirou wouldn't know where to attack, though I would totally buy him being able to smell it out in time, and Eren can just manifest neck armour that Tanjirou probably can't breach.

The speed difference is such that it would be a bit like Levi vs Annie all over against except Tanjirou's cutting power is waaaay higher.

So yeah, maybe...?
    Doesn't Tanjiro's latest power up give him X-Ray vision or something? Or is that a different character

Doesn't Tanjiro's latest power up give him X-Ray vision or something? Or is that a different character
    Ah yes, the see-through world.

Tanjirou and a couple of other characters have access to it currently but it's a little inconsistent in how much they can use it. It's not so much X-ray vision since Himejima has it and he's completely blind. It's more a hyper-awareness of movement that allows for perfect body reading and apparently affords some measure of a boost to speed as well.

Since Tanjirou doesn't seem to have fully stabilised it yet, I'd be iffy on him being able to engage it and being able to spot Eren's real body. Given his cutting ability and speed, he could probably just keep cutting him down until Eren runs out of energy.

Extraordinary Member

Ah yes, the see-through world.

Tanjirou and a couple of other characters have access to it currently but it's a little inconsistent in how much they can use it. It's not so much X-ray vision since Himejima has it and he's completely blind. It's more a hyper-awareness of movement that allows for perfect body reading and apparently affords some measure of a boost to speed as well.

Since Tanjirou doesn't seem to have fully stabilised it yet, I'd be iffy on him being able to engage it and being able to spot Eren's real body. Given his cutting ability and speed, he could probably just keep cutting him down until Eren runs out of energy.
    There's also good odds on him just going for the Neck because that's where the Demon's weakness is too.

There's also good odds on him just going for the Neck because that's where the Demon's weakness is too.
    Also a good point. Tanjirou tends to stick with what he knows and what he knows is beheading.