Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Turning her into a vampire was the most Claremazon thing to have happened to her.

I agree Datugu!
    Claremazon ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Claremazon ?
    A reference to Chris Claremont, who created a lot of strong female super characters or (more likely the reference in this case) powered up formerly not-so-strong ones (eg Marvel Girl becoming Phoenix).

Ultimate Member

And some tend to think that he overdid it with some of them, to at times ridiculous levels...kind of like Wolverine regenerating from like a single cell or something like that...

Ghost of the Stratosphere Not BAMF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    My first issue of X-Men!

Set in place my interest in the Betsy Braddock situation, Jubilee's pyrokinetic potential, and boredom with Wolverine!
    I think that was my second ever X-Men comic, with my first being an issue of X-Men Classic.

I was very confused as to why things were so different!

Great casting, great costume...and they let it go to waste : (

So I finally got to read the most recent Excalibur, and it was a good issue, but I'm sheepish to admit that I'm a bit confused. It seems that Jubilee is now spoilers:
    one of the new Captains Britain
    end of spoilers, but because of the whole thing with Jamie and the Realities (which sounds like an 80's girl band) I can't tell whether that's the real Jubes or one from an alternate reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

iirc Jubilee CB came to be in an incursion within an incursion (say that 10 times fast lol ) so I'm pretty sure its an AU

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I’m really glad that Lana found fame after this and I hope she continues to find roles. The Fox movies never highlighted any of X-Men of color and it was honestly a shame.

Astonishing Member

I thought I'd put this recasting video here because . . . well, because it's probably one of the few where anyone bothers with recasting Jubilee.

His pick is Ashley Liao, whose work I really don't know that well. He also throws that word out there that always raises my hackles when it comes to depicting Jubilee: "bubbly". I don't know, the word always makes me feel like they're going to avoid the rough edges of the character and just make them talkative and lightweight. I always saw Jubilee's personality as more "sparky". She's talkative and outgoing but she's also cynical, opinionated and has her own rebellious streak (though not as bad as, say, Logan's), and that can throw off sparks in certain situations. I don't know, after the biggest major depiction of the character so far being the cartoon version who was almost always a combination of sad, scared and innocent, I'd like to see something that better depicts her infamous attitude and her resourcefulness and resilience. Strangely, the actress who came closest was Heather McComb in the Generation X pilot who loses all points because she was the wrong ethnicity.

Extraordinary Member

I’d argue Tabitha is more as bubbly, compared to Jubilee.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’d argue Tabitha is more as bubbly, compared to Jubilee.
    I never saw either as bubbly. But I can definitely see Pixie as bubbly.

I think a lot of people have formed their image of Jubilee from the animated series, which is totally understandable. If I had to describe her, I would call her scrappy, snarky, sharp-tongued, and a little reckless. But her immaturity belies the fact that she's actually always been quite courageous.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I think a lot of people have formed their image of Jubilee from the animated series, which is totally understandable. If I had to describe her, I would call her scrappy, snarky, sharp-tongued, and a little reckless. But her immaturity belies the fact that she's actually always been quite courageous.
    Agreed, but she's being written as an adult more and more nowadays, so that immaturity is increasingly a thing of the past. It seems to be giving way to adult cynicism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

so I haven't been able to keep up with whats been going on with the other Gen Xers due to complete lack of time these days(thanks Corona.)
    Has Jubilee done anything of note in Excaliber? And whats all this about Shogo being turned into a dragon? Is he still a dragon?