Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Cool Jubilation Lee: Jubilee Appreciation 2020

This is the all-new, all paffier Jubilation Lee appreciation thread for 2020!

Come one, come all and let us celebrate all that is great about the Great Yellow-Jacketed One!

Whether she’s a plasmoid-popping mutant or a badass vampire chick, there’s a lot about the X-man known as Jubilee to love.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Thanks so much! Nice to see Jubliee's thread back!

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Thanks so much! Nice to see Jubliee's thread back!
    You’re very welcome! Now here’s a little festival of fan art.

So. What's endgame for Jubilee?

I think eventual leadership of some future X-Men team is cute, but we'll never get there given how slow time is and how retirement never happens.

a very underrated X-men character. Capcom should've put her in one of their games

Hopefully, she starts to see more action in Excalibur.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

I think eventual leadership of some future X-Men team is cute, but we'll never get there given how slow time is and how retirement never happens.
    Well, I believe that in the X-Men: The End maxiseries, she became a Hollywood agent who was managing Nightcrawler's movie career. So, there's that. In MC2, she was an ex-Avenger and led a team called the X-People.

Honestly, I always thought "found family" was one of the stronger themes with Jubilee. So, for theoretical endpoints I'd say either leading her own team or maybe something like being in charge of a group home for mutant orphans like herself (come to think of it, those sound almost like the same thing).

I mean, smash cut to a not-horrific-future, and I use to compare the Generation X gang to that of the current "senior" X-Men, drawing parallels and how I'd like to see their X-status.

Paige was my Cyclops. Determined and devout.
    Chamber my Wolverine. Grizzly and quick to anger.
    Monet was my Storm. Regal and commanding.
    Jubilee was the Rogue. Found the fun in battle, while interested in fostering the next generation.
    Synch was the Jean. The empathetic one who could relate to so many people, due to who they are what their powers afford them.
    Skin was the Gambit. Edgey and flirty with a dark past.

Extraordinary Member

So has Jubilee realized that at some point Shogo will not be welcome on Krakoa? He is human. When he grows up he will be told to kick rocks and get off the mutant island and never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    So has Jubilee realized that at some point Shogo will not be welcome on Krakoa? He is human. When he grows up he will be told to kick rocks and get off the mutant island and never come back.
    Will that actually happen, though? It's possible that mutants can have unpowered, human offspring, so would all those parents be expected to turn their backs on their kids?

Also, while I'm not following Excalibur very closely, wouldn't Shogo's whole dragon thing make him an asset on Krakoa?

Also, while I'm not following Excalibur very closely, wouldn't Shogo's whole dragon thing make him an asset on Krakoa?
    Shogo was transformed into a dragon upon entering the Otherworld dimension due to "otherworldly fae magick affecting children" (eyeroll). It was immediately assumed by me and others that Shogo's new status would mean he would stay in Otherworld. On Earth, and krakoa, he would be a human and therefore a vulnerability. On Otherworld, he's an Apex predator with an affinity for the telepathic protector of both Earth AND Otherworld.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 02-22-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Shogo was transformed into a dragon upon entering the Otherworld dimension due to "otherworldly fae magick affecting children" (eyeroll). It was immediately assumed by me and others that Shogo's new status would mean he would stay in Otherworld. On Earth, and krakoa, he would be a human and therefore a vulnerability. On Otherworld, he's an Apex predator with an affinity for the telepathic protector of both Earth AND Otherworld.
    Ah, ok! Thanks for that. And I agree with the eyeroll.

Extraordinary Member

Will that actually happen, though? It's possible that mutants can have unpowered, human offspring, so would all those parents be expected to turn their backs on their kids?
    They've made it clear that humans aren't welcome to live there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They've made it clear that humans aren't welcome to live there.
    Since it's likely that many of the offspring of mutants may turn out to be human (because genetics), this closed-minded and short-sighted policy may bite them in the ass when these kids reach puberty and their parents have to make the decision to fight for them to stay or else leave with them. Jubes, for example, would definitely not stay on Krakoa if Shogo was made to leave.