Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Time between x-men 22 and HoX/PoX

i apologize if this has been addressed either in the comics or in this forum already, but what happened in the time between Uncanny X-men 22 and HoX/PoX? In other words, we went from the missing mutants coming back and reuniting with Cyclops and Wolverine to mutants living on Krakoa....i just feel like we were left on a cliff hanger in Uncanny 22 and then with no explanation, everything was fine in HoX....make sense? anyone else bothered by this?

Not known. Supposedly months.

All-New Member

Got ya. wasn't sure if it had been addressed and i just missed it or what.

Quote Originally Posted by asidx View Post
    Got ya. wasn't sure if it had been addressed and i just missed it or what.
    In my mind Charles revealed himself (as X) to the reunited X-Men and said, "let's get the hell outta this country" and Krakoa's construction went into overdrive. Enter Hickman.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    In my mind Charles revealed himself (as X) to the reunited X-Men and said, "let's get the hell outta this country" and Krakoa's construction went into overdrive. Enter Hickman.
    We know that was not the case. Xavier "secretly" took Cypher to Krakoa to start communicating with it. Magneto and Xavier contacted Emma to invite her when they were still starting to build. It was a process of months but we don't know exactly how many. I also don't think it's very important to know if it was three or four.
    Last edited by Glio; 04-18-2020 at 11:09 AM.

There have been gaps before (for example the 6 month gap before Claremont's revolution run). I do wish they would fill in some gaps but I don't expect it.

In this gap we needed to see Xavier reveal himself to the X-men and we needed to have seen his conversation with Cyclops (that he forgave him for killing him, etc). I would love to see Xavier reunite with Scott and Jean. But Hickman and company decided to do the jump so they didn't have to get into all that stuff that they just wanted to skip over.

- Do you remember Scott from when I opposed you for founding a nation on an island where using your amazing powers you were trying to drastically change the world? And did you end up killing me?
    -Yes, I remember.
    - You are going to laugh with the proposal that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    - Do you remember Scott from when I opposed you for founding a nation on an island where using your amazing powers you were trying to drastically change the world? And did you end up killing me?
    -Yes, I remember.
    - You are going to laugh with the proposal that I have.
    Scott: Hello Darkness my old Friend
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Scott: Hello Darkness my old Friend
    I just don't understand why people think they would have a huge discussion. Xavier's plan is exactly the same as Cyclops had but exchanging Phoenix for Krakoa. And Xavier knew from Moira's lives about the Phoenix Five.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    There have been gaps before (for example the 6 month gap before Claremont's revolution run). I do wish they would fill in some gaps but I don't expect it.

In this gap we needed to see Xavier reveal himself to the X-men and we needed to have seen his conversation with Cyclops (that he forgave him for killing him, etc). I would love to see Xavier reunite with Scott and Jean. But Hickman and company decided to do the jump so they didn't have to get into all that stuff that they just wanted to skip over.
    I'd have liked to see this conversation, as well as the relationship arrangements between Emma, Logan , Jean and Scott. This one feels huge to me, because UXM ended with a very intense panel of Scott and Jean kissing each other while Logan and Emma were sidelined and looking miserable. Now they are all together , and while this has not been a huge plot ( and therefore hasn't really gotten too much focus) , it is such a huge change for these characters' status quo that I feel like we should've gotten at least a conversation out of that. This might have to do with Marvel not really wanting to go all the way and confirm the obvious ( although after the living arrangements on the moon were revealed, there is no denying what is going on between them . Bold move by Marvel, I'd say) or Hickman himself just not being interested in telling this story, like he said before, or maybe a combination of both factors.

Guess I'll have to use headcanon/fanfics ( anyone has a good one to recommend?) for how that came to be, but it is what it is.

I just don't understand why people think they would have a huge discussion. Xavier's plan is exactly the same as Cyclops had but exchanging Phoenix for Krakoa. And Xavier knew from Moira's lives about the Phoenix Five.
    Considering how much guilt Scott felt after killing Xavier and how much he was demonized for his views after AvX, I think there conversation would have been interesting even outside of the logistics of establishing Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Considering how much guilt Scott felt after killing Xavier and how much he was demonized for his views after AvX, I think there conversation would have been interesting even outside of the logistics of establishing Krakoa.
    Marvel would have to tacitly accept that Scott was right and JDW prefers to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Fall-From-Grace View Post
    I'd have liked to see this conversation, as well as the relationship arrangements between Emma, Logan , Jean and Scott. This one feels huge to me, because UXM ended with a very intense panel of Scott and Jean kissing each other while Logan and Emma were sidelined and looking miserable. Now they are all together , and while this has not been a huge plot ( and therefore hasn't really gotten too much focus) , it is such a huge change for these characters' status quo that I feel like we should've gotten at least a conversation out of that. This might have to do with Marvel not really wanting to go all the way and confirm the obvious ( although after the living arrangements on the moon were revealed, there is no denying what is going on between them . Bold move by Marvel, I'd say) or Hickman himself just not being interested in telling this story, like he said before, or maybe a combination of both factors.

Guess I'll have to use headcanon/fanfics ( anyone has a good one to recommend?) for how that came to be, but it is what it is.
    Confirm what obvious? for me they are just jokes, if people want to take all serious the jokes wwell they can.

Hickman run has been a dissapointment becaus ehe doesn't respect the chaarcters and others writers jobs on them. More and More I have to agree with some of my friends that say that he odesn't has a story just a list to get people talking about his run

We know that was not the case. Xavier "secretly" took Cypher to Krakoa to start communicating with it. Magneto and Xavier contacted Emma to invite her when they were still starting to build. It was a process of months but we don't know exactly how many. I also don't think it's very important to know if it was three or four.
    That's why I said "in my mind". My headcanon is colorful and fabulous and gives me all the scenes I wanted to see.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Confirm what obvious? for me they are just jokes, if people want to take all serious the jokes wwell they can.

Hickman run has been a dissapointment becaus ehe doesn't respect the chaarcters and others writers jobs on them. More and More I have to agree with some of my friends that say that he odesn't has a story just a list to get people talking about his run
    I won't dispute your second point because we all have our preferences . But you don't think that showing Jean, Logan and Scott, of all X-characters, having interconnected rooms has any meaning? And it's not the way the house was designed, as the other rooms are separated from each other. Which means they chose their rooms to be connected.