Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default X-Men Fanworks Appreciation 2020

I figured we could use a thread to share some of our favorite fanworks. Fanart, fanfiction, filk, indie review sites... all that awesome overflow of fan creativity.

Guidelines:

- For purposes of this thread, "fanwork" refers to material not officially published by the X-Office, even if the work is by a professional artist with a career in comics. (There's a thread here for official works.)

- This is an appreciation thread, and the usual rules apply. Please check the negativity at the gate.

- Mind the CBR forum rules. Keep material PG-13 and safe for work, don't plagarize text works, etc.

- Please give artist credit. Post their name, link to their Twitter/Tumblr/DA/AO3/YouTube, just something so we know where to find more of their work if we like what we see.

All right! Let's have some fun!

Ok, guess I'll bite since everyone seems to be shy.

Here's a fanfic from one of my favorite writers, the very talented Ludi Ling. She has quite a few works, some of which are more mature in nature.This one is rated G. She also does some gorgeous fan art.

Unbirthday by Ludi_Ling

https://archiveofourown.org/works/18733669

Rating: General Audiences

Warnings: No Archive Warnings

Characters: Rogue, Remy LeBeau

Tags: Fluff, Romance, Birthday, Birthday Cake

Summary: Powerless and blissfully happy together in Valle Soleada, Rogue and Remy are mostly spending their time getting to know each other, which somehow leads to them celebrating a joint unbirthday. Short, fluffy oneshot.

Standing ovation for Brazilian illustrator Lukas Werneck who sketched some of the most amazing X-Men costume redesigns that felt like perfect blends of uniform and individuality. Though the sketches were done years ago, and informed by an MCU context, he's recently re-approached the sketches with a LOT more color and time and the results are STUN-NING.

Kitty, Ororo, Logan, Kurt
    Jean, Phoenix, Scott, Bobby
    Emma, Piotr, Illyana, Kwannon, Warren
    Rogue, Remy, Jubilee

STORM
    MARVEL
    PHOENIX
    CYCLOPS

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Standing ovation for Brazilian illustrator Lukas Werneck who sketched some of the most amazing X-Men costume redesigns that felt like perfect blends of uniform and individuality. Though the sketches were done years ago, and informed by an MCU context, he's recently re-approached the sketches with a LOT more color and time and the results are STUN-NING.

Rogue, Remy, Jubilee

STORM
    MARVEL
    PHOENIX
    CYCLOPS
    Oh I simply loved these when he first posted them and sincerely wish Marvel would just pay to use them! The one for Rogue is a perfect blend of the key features of all her best costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    The one for Rogue is a perfect blend of the key features of all her best costumes.
    Exactly. Werneck's skill in design composition is probably stronger than his hand at illustration.

Fun! I come across fanart all the time so it's nice to share some with you all.

Jason Pastrana

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

I LOVE Dannith's X-23 art. She's a fantastic artist all-around, beyond just her X-Men (and especially X-23) art.

True story: The last image inspired the playground scene in 2x01 of New Class.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Oh I simply loved these when he first posted them and sincerely wish Marvel would just pay to use them! The one for Rogue is a perfect blend of the key features of all her best costumes.
    Agreed - it's a fabulous look for her.

Rogue, Remy, Jubilee

STORM
    MARVEL
    PHOENIX
    CYCLOPS
    So glad you mentioned Lukas. His Storm blew me away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

True story: The last image inspired the playground scene in 2x01 of New Class.
    OMG I absolutely love that last image!

Exactly. Werneck's skill in design composition is probably stronger than his hand at illustration.
    Lol don't be shady, he did great at Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Lol don't be shady, he did great at Marauders.
    Oh no girl. That was highest praise --in recognition of his Marauders. Some people just draw well. Werneck is giving us statements.

Sr. Werneck, se você estiver por aí, adoraria ver o que você acha que o capitão Britain, Bishop e Prestige devem vestir.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 01-12-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Rogue, Remy, Jubilee

STORM
    MARVEL
    PHOENIX
    CYCLOPS
    Yesss! I love Lucas Werneck's stuff
    Make Good Art

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

I'm so glad you've posted this thread, Anduinel, because people from today DRAW SO DAMN WELL that they blow my mind.

What about this Storm by freelance 3D artist Victor Hugo Queiroz, for instance:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/NXm5z
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 01-13-2020 at 06:23 AM.