Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What upcoming image books are you hyped about?

I can’t find anything that excites me. Decorum seems cool but even it doesn’t have me super stoked.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

I'm excited for Mirka Andolfo's 'Mercy', so excited. I'm also jumping on 'The Clock' just as it ends. I don't pull many comics monthly, typically just 2-3 Image mini series at a time, but nothing else is grabbing my attention at the moment. I did also look at Decorum but it just didn't grab me enough.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I'm excited for Mirka Andolfo's 'Mercy', so excited.
    I read the preview and the synopsis and couldn't get hyped about it even though I wanted to. Tell me why you are excited. Maybe I'm missing something.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Deadly Class vol. 9 TPB

Currently most curious about Protector, from Simon Roy and a bunch of others. Initially I thought James Stokoe would be drawing this one, but he's just doing the covers.

357101.jpg

Mildly concerned about the premise; it's about tribal cultures in North America in a presumably far-flung future, and the solicitation for issue 3 mentions human sacrifices atop a Ziggurat. Obviously haven't read it yet seeing as the comic hasn't been released yet... But judging from the cover, that gives the impression these cultures might be some kind of mash up between Native Americans and Maya or perhaps Inca cultures.
    Not saying you can't use those to draw upon for good stories, but there's the potential for falling back on stereotypes and winding up with something in between James Cameron's Avatar and Pocahontas. I have faith in Roy's writing though, and don't wanna judge ahead of time, so hopefully these concerns will turn out entirely unfounded.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Hmm, the solicitation mentions Deval which are Buddhist deities.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Decorum looks gorgeous! I love assassin tales. I love sci-fi. It's Hickman writing sci-fi assassins! What?! I am stoked for it! Did I mention the life-giving art on this? I can't wait. It's the only book that I'm looking forward to.

At the moment, Undiscovered Country has all my attention. It's the only book I'm buying from Image.

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    Decorum looks gorgeous! I love assassin tales. I love sci-fi. It's Hickman writing sci-fi assassins! What?! I am stoked for it! Did I mention the life-giving art on this? I can't wait. It's the only book that I'm looking forward to.

At the moment, Undiscovered Country has all my attention. It's the only book I'm buying from Image.
    I may be misunderstanding Decorum’s pitch, I thought it looked like “Discovery of America but with robots”

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    Hmm, the solicitation mentions Deval which are Buddhist deities.
    Oh good eye, hadn't picked up on that, thanks! Maybe all the world religions have kinda merged into one in this fantasy world, who knows.
    Honestly I'm mostly excited for it based on the back of Roy's earlier work on Prophet and Habitat. Those also grappled with technologies so ancient they became worshipped as deities, so maybe this is in that same ballpark.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Im looking forward to; Protector, The Clock, Tartarus, Decorum & Mercy,

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    I read the preview and the synopsis and couldn't get hyped about it even though I wanted to. Tell me why you are excited. Maybe I'm missing something.
    I like stories of quiet little locations suddenly being invaded turmoil and mysterious newcomers, and the art looks great. Plus, the video trailer got me hyped
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Black Monday Murders... I hope. Has anyone heard anything new on Tomm Coker's situation? I can't find anything with a quick Google search.

This is the first I've heard about Decorum. I'll give anything Hickman a shot.

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

I just get Spawn and Copra, and right now, Copra is cutting cut in March. Spawn is interesting, but after making so much headway up to issue 300, we are now back in Todd's writing purgatory where he has no idea what to do..
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Astonishing Member

If Ant comes out from Erik Larsen, I am in.

Astonishing Member

Doesn't it bother anyone else that Image doesn't have any continuity or shared universes anymore? There are some books that sound interesting to me but i don't get them because once the book is over, the chances of seeing the characters are slim.