Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Doesn't it bother anyone else that Image doesn't have any continuity or shared universes anymore? There are some books that sound interesting to me but i don't get them because once the book is over, the chances of seeing the characters are slim.
    That with constant hiatuses for pretty much every "ongoing" series that they put out. That said I've been really into Ice Cream Man. A great book with it's own expanding universe, told in an anthology series.

Aren't most of the new announcements lately, for limited series?

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Don't know that I'm "hyped" for any of these, but I've upped my Image title list, with May's solicits, to at least a reasonable number of titles (had fallen to one, or two...):
    Pulp, Brubaker and Phillips graphic novel
    A Man Among Ye -- pirate stories, yeay!
    Dead eyes - new story, could be good, last series not too bad
    Adventure Man - fun?
    Decorum 3 - still untried, but still a possibility
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I read Protector #1. It's a pretty book and the story has decent world building but I thought the hook was a little vague. Also, it seems to making some sort of vague comment on colonialism via alternate history. I would say I liked about 40% of this. Not likely to keep reading.

Upcoming books that seem interesting.

That Texas Blood. A story about an old Texas Sheriff getting tired of the job grind despite the job getting tougher and tougher. The art in the preview is very good. Mainly I'm interested in this because the main character is so believable.

Intrigued by After Realm #2 and Norse Mythology #1 (Neil Gaiman).

Sonata and Reaver both still have me hooked. Family tree is good and the last issue opened up the world. I feel the next issues are really what's going to decide if I keep reading or not.
    Last edited by Ulysses; 02-29-2020 at 10:10 AM.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

What did you all make of Tartarus #1?
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Right now I'm excited for The Ludocrats as well as AdventureMan.

I'm a fan of Kieron Gillen, and while not everything he writes is to my tastes I very much enjoy his books when they are. Not overly familiar with the other creators attached, but I'm hoping there will be something to like from The Ludocrats.

AdventureMan seems like it has a cool premise, and I do generally enjoy Fraction's writing. The Dodson art will probably be nice to look at so I'm hoping for the best.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Right now I'm excited for The Ludocrats as well as AdventureMan.

I'm a fan of Kieron Gillen, and while not everything he writes is to my tastes I very much enjoy his books when they are. Not overly familiar with the other creators attached, but I'm hoping there will be something to like from The Ludocrats.

AdventureMan seems like it has a cool premise, and I do generally enjoy Fraction's writing. The Dodson art will probably be nice to look at so I'm hoping for the best.
    Let me know if your read them. I checked previews for both and found them to be a bit immature and goofy but it's really tough to know what a book will be like with just a few pages.

Astonishing Member

All my Image books are late or missing

Saga: It said the break shall last a year. Now its almost one and a half
    7 to Eternity: It says there are at least 3 or 4 more issues. But its missing without a word since over a year
    Oblivion Song: Takes a break until summer, but with Kirkman I know he will deliver, or at least speak out if something is late and keeps us informed
    Savage Dragon: Late here and there, but nothing to worry about, because Larsen is dedicated to his book
    Reaver: Takes a break too
    Lazarus: Is on time, but not monthly anymore

Sigh...hard times to be a independent comic fan. I understand the need for breaks, but I don't understand it when a creator doesnt tell his audience when he stops doing the book, or why it does take so long. I invested money in it, so it would be nice to hear from him once in awhile

It didn't seem all that long ago that most of my books were Image, but these days I don't have any. I was very much into the Top Cow Universe, but all of that has been put to bed. I can't say I'm hyped for any upcoming Image book, but I am interested in A Man Among Ye, and it's more accurate to say I'm hopeful it's a book I can add to my monthly pull list.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Picked up the first issue of 'Stealth' and that was slid, so Ill be following that book for the time being. I dont read much Image but I will get the ones that look interesting to me.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Looking forward to Fractions Adventureman. His work can really be hit and miss for me, but with work like Hawkeye...he deserves a tryout.

Adventureman - I remember talking to Terry Dodson about this book in 2015. So glad its finally coming!

Pulp - Brubaker & Phillips. 'Nuff said!

The Goddamned; The Virgin Brides - FINALLY

That Texas Blood - Jacob Phillips following his old mans footsteps. Looks promising.

A Man Among Ye - I like Cermaks art and its Pirates, so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    What did you all make of Tartarus #1?
    I enjoyed it. Has a decent setup. I liked the world and the Moebius/Euro vibe it had. Will check out the second issue.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

And as for some new debuts, I'm glad to be following Plunge, Finger Guns, Adler, & Decorum.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet