Spectacular Member

Lightbulb Will Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness be a horror movie?

Hi guys

One of my anticipated movies in phase 4 of the MCU is Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. I heard a rumor a while ago that it is going to be a horror movie in some way, but then the rumors have died out after the director left the project.

In your opinion, do you think that Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness will be a horror movie, or at least have a tone of a horror movie?

I really hope so, because I believe that the MCU is getting more complicated and close to the comics more then it needs to be and as long as Marvel is going in that direction might as well have some fun with it and do something different and interesting. Plus it makes some sense for it to be a horror movie as there is a chance it might give us a glimpse or even introduce Marvel zombie.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Mr_E_88; 01-12-2020 at 03:56 AM.

I think the best Marvel movies reinvented another trope through the lens of a super heroic movie. So Winter Soldier reinvented or worked from Espionage/Spy tropes.

So I would be delighted if Dr. Strange and the M of M was horror-toned.

I want Mephisto or Nightmare, perhaps. I want Blade with or without other vampires, Dracula even. I want Chton and demonic entities that seek to corrupt or destroy the earth.

It won’t be unless they radically alter the world established in the first movie. It will be sci fi action unfortunately. Personally I think they should have taken their cue from the Warlock film series. There are a lot of nasty ways to apply magic. Kay-silliest didn’t use any of them. And his look was uninspired. I am glad that Derrickson is gone. He’s not a horror director I like.

P.s now would be the time to introduce Shuma Gorath. Strike before the audience gets burned out on Chthulu and lovecraft.

It rather depends on what you mean by a horror movie.

1930's gothic horror?
    Psychological/suspenseful?
    1980s-style slasher film?
    Lovecraftian cosmic horror?

Or one of these?

Personally, I'm holding out for the last. Doc lends himself well to Lovecraft.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I think the best Marvel movies reinvented another trope through the lens of a super heroic movie. So Winter Soldier reinvented or worked from Espionage/Spy tropes.

So I would be delighted if Dr. Strange and the M of M was horror-toned.

I want Mephisto or Nightmare, perhaps. I want Blade with or without other vampires, Dracula even. I want Chton and demonic entities that seek to corrupt or destroy the earth.
    Well, isn't Chthon more on the "conquering Earth" side? I always had this assumption that Chthon just want to go home, which is kinda parallel to Wanda who went home in Nights of Wundagore.
    From Chthon/Set's perspective, they probably think they are more deserving than Gaea as the one to shape and control their birthplace.
    Personally I hope they do the proper Vampire origan someday in MCU with Darkhold.

@ DigiCom,

An impressive scheme, I should admit. However, I'm sure they don't get that far and I think a movie genre is the last thing they think about when planning a new release. Especially when it concerns Doctor Strange 2. It was indeed "billed as darker than anything that came before it in the MCU". Anyway, I'm not an expert to write a horror screenplay or any other effective custom writing horror project for the masses.