Default Wakanda (MCU) vs. Atlantis (DCEU)

Let's assume Atlantis is on land. Everything /vehicle/ that was shown in the Aquaman movie is now assumed capable of "flying" as well as it could perform underwater. Arthur is King but has Orm with him.

Wakanda has its shields raised at the start of the match. Panther is King but they get Kilmonger as well.

The two nations are 50 miles away from one another. Small hills and forest between them with some open fields here and there.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The one with the super-metal. That pretty much invalidates everything the Atlanteans can throw at them.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The one with the super-metal. That pretty much invalidates everything the Atlanteans can throw at them.
    Ahem. The opposing team has ATLANTEAN STEEL! :P

Clearly Vibranium is the far more useful super metal. It's got like... a billion uses. But which things specifically do you feel invalidate Atlantis? Or by "throw at them" did you literally mean the shield?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I don't really agree, the Atlanteans will have way more ships in the air. They had hundreds of craft that final battle, which should absolutely overwhelm the defences of Wakanda. The vast majority of Wakandan troops don't have any protection from being bombarded from the sky, and the Wakandan Air force only seems to be a few ships.

Atlantis on land but do they still get access to bodies of water? If they do they can send Tsunamis of water at Wakanda like they did to send humanities garbage back to land. That alone would drown pretty much the entire main city of Wakanda. Between mass bombardment of the shields, or just using the Deep to overwhelm push through them like the outriders did, Atlantis gets through the shields. If Karathen is here, she could also easily crush the shields.

Are we giving Atlantis flying sharks and mososaurus as well? Because seeing them fight the rhinos would be awesome.

Only vehicles are being given the benefit of the doubt on flight :P

*hums the tune to "scary flying shark"*
    - big_adventure

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Any reason Atlantis can’t Tidal Wave Wakanda?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Any reason Atlantis can’t Tidal Wave Wakanda?
    Its unclear how much prep is involved in tsunami creation for one. Was Wakanda even shown to be near an ocean? IIRC it was land locked.
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Wakanda is landlocked, from appearances.

Also, none of the flying craft from Aquaman would seem ready to burst the Wakanda shield. The giant ass ship from Thanos' army exploded harmlessly on it.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Wakanda is landlocked, from appearances.

Also, none of the flying craft from Aquaman would seem ready to burst the Wakanda shield. The giant ass ship from Thanos' army exploded harmlessly on it.
    That's essentially my point. The Atlanteans don't really have what they need to get through the shield. Maaaybe Orm and Aquaman themselves but ... more than likely not.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

And given what the shield did to Cull, I'm not too sanguine on them getting through it without crippling themselves at the very least.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member

Does Atalantis get Julie Kaijus on their team? She might be the only thing that might possibly be able to get through the shield.

The best that Wakanda could hope for is a draw, that is, if the Atlanteans can't get through the shield. If the Atlanteans do somehow manage to get through the shield, their sheer numbers would overwhelm Wakanda.

Couldn't Aquaman summon the Karathen? She could just tunnel under Wakanda and then surface to wreak havoc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Everything /vehicle/ that was shown in the Aquaman movie is now assumed capable of "flying" as well as it could perform underwater.
    You know I'm sure I remember Atlantis ships were flying above the sea right at movie end when Karathen also rose to the surface to salute roar at Aquaman's triumph. Not invading or even communicating with the surface world had more to do with their politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Couldn't Aquaman summon the Karathen? She could just tunnel under Wakanda and then surface to wreak havoc.
    That too. Karathen is just part of whoever the true king of Atlantis can command.