Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    That would be neat. Firestar has always had a stronger connection to the mutant side of things, and has friends, IIRC, among the newly resurrected original Hellions. (Where Vance really never has had much of a connection to anyone in mutant circles other than Angelica and Silhouette (who also has little or nothing to do with mutant society), that I can think of.)

It would be a riot if Vance is not into it because the tropical sun is terrible for his lily-white complexion, and it's too hot, humid and dirty for him (and lacks the sort of internet connectivity he wants). Just completely shallow reasons, nothing at all to do with the political hooplah. "I don't want to eat weird alien fruit plucked off of trees that are fed off of the life-force of Sabertooth. I want hot dogs and hamburgers, made from cows, rat droppings, cardboard and tennis shoes, the way God intended! I wanna be able to make an omelet without finding out that I just ate three of Beak and Angel's children!"
    I would want it to be a little more serious than that.

Astonishing Member

That would be neat. Firestar has always had a stronger connection to the mutant side of things, and has friends, IIRC, among the newly resurrected original Hellions. (Where Vance really never has had much of a connection to anyone in mutant circles other than Angelica and Silhouette (who also has little or nothing to do with mutant society), that I can think of.)

It would be a riot if Vance is not into it because the tropical sun is terrible for his lily-white complexion, and it's too hot, humid and dirty for him (and lacks the sort of internet connectivity he wants). Just completely shallow reasons, nothing at all to do with the political hooplah. "I don't want to eat weird alien fruit plucked off of trees that are fed off of the life-force of Sabertooth. I want hot dogs and hamburgers, made from cows, rat droppings, cardboard and tennis shoes, the way God intended! I wanna be able to make an omelet without finding out that I just ate three of Beak and Angel's children!"
    I don't see Justice or Firestar being that into Krakoa, especially after the global summit. They're not the sort to instantly buy into mutant propaganda and would run off to the Avengers at the first sign that something's off. Telepathic brainwashing stops this, of course. Love to see those two lead a new New Warriors team, like Geoff Johns Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I don't see Justice or Firestar being that into Krakoa, especially after the global summit. They're not the sort to instantly buy into mutant propaganda and would run off to the Avengers at the first sign that something's off. Telepathic brainwashing stops this, of course. Love to see those two lead a new New Warriors team, like Geoff Johns Teen Titans.
    My one issue with that is the tendency or writers to do the on again off again relationship crap that was most prominent (in my mind) with Kitty and Piotr.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've never even heard of it. Was it going to use the 90's roster?
    Probably. There was an article about it in Wizard, back in the day. Way back, when Saturday morning cartoons were still a thing

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For Keith David as MODOK? It's pretty tempting .
    Go to Youtube. Look up Super Mansion and Black Saturn.

That would have been Night Thrasher. And that would have only been the beginning...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    My one issue with that is the tendency or writers to do the on again off again relationship crap that was most prominent (in my mind) with Kitty and Piotr.
    Yeah, I'd like for them to be well and truly over. He moved on (with Ultra Girl), and she hasn't, yet, that I know of, but could. Or not. But shoving them back together seems like a step backwards for both of them (but most especially her).

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I'd like for them to be well and truly over. He moved on (with Ultra Girl), and she hasn't, yet, that I know of, but could. Or not. But shoving them back together seems like a step backwards for both of them (but most especially her).
    Exactly. She needs to find someone too. But she is one of those characters who either are not used...or is a prop piece in the background so there does not seem to be a chance for that to happen. Same with Vance and Suzy.

That's why I would like to see a couple more Avengers titles with them split between them.

I have no problem with them having a friendly relationship...and they have a lot of friends in common from their time with the Warriors so they would be running into each other when they all get together.

Well I remember when she team with the X-men a few years back she was flirting with Iceman who I think was flirting back but then the O5 happen

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Exactly. She needs to find someone too.
    Well I remember when she team with the X-men a few years back she was flirting with Iceman who I think was flirting back but then the O5 happen
    Also, don't forget there was something brewing between Firestar & Gravity when they were members of the Young Allies during the Heroic Age:

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-15-2020 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Also, don't forget there was something brewing between Firestar & Gravity when they were members of the Young Allies during the Heroic Age:

When was the last time anyone saw Gravity?

He pretty much vanished when Young Allies ended.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

After his destruction of Las Vegas in Fear Itself (okay, sure, Juggernaut and Hardball helped, but he was supposed to be the good guy!), I'm pretty sure I don't want to see Gravity anymore, anyway. (And is he even old enough to be legally dating someone like Angelica? I don't mind some May/December action, but only when it's Doug and Betsy...)

I think I want Angelica to be friends with Suzi/Ultra Girl, just to drive Vance crazy. He totally deserves it.

It's interesting how far, far beyond the others Rich / Nova has gone. To infinity and beyond, he's very much the grown up cosmic space hero, and the others, not so much. I don't think he could really be a part of their world anymore, and they wouldn't know how to treat him, remembering a much different man than the one he's become.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He pretty much vanished when Young Allies ended.
    That is unfortunately the way so many characters end up.

After his destruction of Las Vegas in Fear Itself (okay, sure, Juggernaut and Hardball helped, but he was supposed to be the good guy!), I'm pretty sure I don't want to see Gravity anymore, anyway. (And is he even old enough to be legally dating someone like Angelica? I don't mind some May/December action, but only when it's Doug and Betsy...)

I think I want Angelica to be friends with Suzi/Ultra Girl, just to drive Vance crazy. He totally deserves it.

It's interesting how far, far beyond the others Rich / Nova has gone. To infinity and beyond, he's very much the grown up cosmic space hero, and the others, not so much. I don't think he could really be a part of their world anymore, and they wouldn't know how to treat him, remembering a much different man than the one he's become.
    They have all grown in their own ways....but yeah...Rich went further. But as I just said it depends on writers wanting to use the characters and develop them. And most of the OG Warriors have been relegated to background in larger stories.

I think they were both legal adults in college by the time they paired up.

That is unfortunately the way so many characters end up.
    So true. How many of the Champions will still be active ten years from now? Kamala and Miles will be. Maybe Ironheart and Unstoppable Wasp. But the rest? If the team gets axed, most of the members will be history. Numerous New Warriors, teenage X-Men, and other teen heroes have found themselves on the scrapheap over the past 30 years. And think how many Titans at DC are in the same boat.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-15-2020 at 02:13 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman