Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    ...most of the members will be history. Numerous New Warriors, teenage X-Men, and other teen heroes have found themselves on the scrapheap over the past 30 years. And think how many Titans at DC are in the same boat.
    A bunch of these characters should go rogue, pull a big job and retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    A bunch of these characters should go rogue, pull a big job and retire.
    Congratulations! You just won post of the day!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

He pretty much vanished when Young Allies ended.
    I thought maybe he went back to the Image universe....

Joke, but his costume always looked like an Image Comics costume to me. #Invincible

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Congratulations! You just won post of the day!
    I’ll take it!

Extraordinary Member

Does anyone know the new release date for the new book?

So true. How many of the Champions will still be active ten years from now? Kamala and Miles will be. Maybe Ironheart and Unstoppable Wasp. But the rest? If the team gets axed, most of the members will be history. Numerous New Warriors, teenage X-Men, and other teen heroes have found themselves on the scrapheap over the past 30 years. And think how many Titans at DC are in the same boat.
    Poor teens, so much untapped potential.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member

So true. How many of the Champions will still be active ten years from now? Kamala and Miles will be. Maybe Ironheart and Unstoppable Wasp. But the rest? If the team gets axed, most of the members will be history. Numerous New Warriors, teenage X-Men, and other teen heroes have found themselves on the scrapheap over the past 30 years. And think how many Titans at DC are in the same boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Poor teens, so much untapped potential.

This is why I think the new book should have been about Trash and 2 other OG Warriors looking for a team of existing young characters for a team.

It is also why I think they need an anthology type series...an ongoing without a set creative team or cast...writers and artists can submit proposals or the editor can assign to a creative team and suggest a story.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 07-15-2020 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Does anyone know the new release date for the new book?
    No. I'm thinking November. Champions launches in October, and it won't be out before that, but can't be too far after it (it was originally two weeks after if I remember right) because they crossover in New Warriors #3.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Are you saying we’re not getting a Pinpoint mini?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When was the last time anyone saw Gravity?
    Gillen's Young Avengers. He was part of the army of teen heroes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Are you saying we’re not getting a Pinpoint mini?
    I have checked my most reliable source....

Agent Z, please fix the first post, one of the images is broken (due to Newsarama's merger with GamesRadar+).

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/tennants...-confidential/

"New Warriors"

Now, this is the most recent on the list and probably the only one that would have a prayer of actually being saved and brought back from the grave with cast and creatives intact if it were to air on Disney+. It's Marvel live-action that was earmarked for Freeform, but they passed on it, and then it couldn't find any of the Mouse's other properties to air on, so it was officially killed last September. But they actually filmed a pilot and judging from the cast and what I've gathered from it, it looks so good! We get a live-action version of Squirrel Girl! Disney, come on – you've got a whole marvel section on your streaming site – give the people the squirrels we want!

I mean, come on, networks – you've already paid for these shows, you have nothing to lose by releasing it out there on the internet and seeing if anything takes. I mean, best-case scenario, you find a hit that people love. What do you have to lose? Release the pilots, you cowards!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have thought of an idea for a few years that would be perfect for countless unused teen heroes. Have some big muckety muck from a alternate Earth grab a bunch of them to replace the heroes in his own reality that were all killed off. Say there was some huge event 5 or 10 years ago on this Earth and most of the Avengers, FF, and X-Men were killed. Now threats are starting to rise again and this new Earth needs protection so this being starts grabbing groups of kids to be the next X-Men and Avengers on their world. This would let the teen heroes really step out into the spotlight as they would be THE heroes of this world, and not just the team that shows up and plays damage control until the big boys show up.

Marvel could do it as a bunch of mini series sort of like the Annihilation event but a little longer with the main center of the story being a 12 issue maxi series. If it takes off and is liked then they keep it going on this alternate Earth. If it isn't then at the end of the event you bring them all home.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have thought of an idea for a few years that would be perfect for countless unused teen heroes. Have some big muckety muck from a alternate Earth grab a bunch of them to replace the heroes in his own reality that were all killed off. Say there was some huge event 5 or 10 years ago on this Earth and most of the Avengers, FF, and X-Men were killed. Now threats are starting to rise again and this new Earth needs protection so this being starts grabbing groups of kids to be the next X-Men and Avengers on their world. This would let the teen heroes really step out into the spotlight as they would be THE heroes of this world, and not just the team that shows up and plays damage control until the big boys show up.

Marvel could do it as a bunch of mini series sort of like the Annihilation event but a little longer with the main center of the story being a 12 issue maxi series. If it takes off and is liked then they keep it going on this alternate Earth. If it isn't then at the end of the event you bring them all home.
    Ooh, that's a neat idea! Get the olds out of the picture without actually killing them off or ending their titles. I felt like there was a seed of that idea in the old Thunderbolts run, where they visited counter-Earth and had the Young Allies over there, but it went nowhere. (And I have no idea if Counter-Earth even exists anymore.)

And, thanks to the ease of interdimensional / worldly transport, with characters like Magik, Pinpoint, etc. available, it would be easy enough to still have the occasional crossover between the young and old characters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

Or to avoid the EXPECT complainers (who would never read it in the first place but need youtube hate hits)-do a set of OGNS.

If these guys are not being used why not?

Do it like the German book series Alone-a series where kids wake up and all the adults are gone. I want to say it's on volume 15 now.

The lead in that series is/was a black guy. I think if Marvel was to do something like that-the old school Warriors or Runaways would fit.

They traveled the country and encountered others.

Dang I want to buy that book NOW.