Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have thought of an idea for a few years that would be perfect for countless unused teen heroes. Have some big muckety muck from a alternate Earth grab a bunch of them to replace the heroes in his own reality that were all killed off. Say there was some huge event 5 or 10 years ago on this Earth and most of the Avengers, FF, and X-Men were killed. Now threats are starting to rise again and this new Earth needs protection so this being starts grabbing groups of kids to be the next X-Men and Avengers on their world. This would let the teen heroes really step out into the spotlight as they would be THE heroes of this world, and not just the team that shows up and plays damage control until the big boys show up.

Marvel could do it as a bunch of mini series sort of like the Annihilation event but a little longer with the main center of the story being a 12 issue maxi series. If it takes off and is liked then they keep it going on this alternate Earth. If it isn't then at the end of the event you bring them all home.
    Kirkman did this story in Marvel Team Up #17.

So no Warriors in the November solicits, uh oh. But we do get the Pack back.

Uh oh.

Uh oh indeed. Unless Champions being labelled 1 of 5 last month was a mistake (#2 wasn't labelled "of 5" this time), NW won't be able to make it out before Outlawed wraps up - if Champions is ongoing after all, then Outlawed won't necessarily end in February, thus the problem is solved. Doesn't matter if New Warriors #5 comes out after Champions #6 or #7, as long as Champions #5 doesn't conclude the Outlawed story. If Champions is actually five issues though, then New Warriors now missing two months of potential resolicits is a red flag.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    So no Warriors in the November solicits, uh oh. But we do get the Pack back.

Uh oh.
    Doesn't really mean anything when Outlawed is not in sync anymore. PP, NW and Champions were all supposed to come out in the same month, and now there is at least a one month gap between two of them. Maybe they're saving NW for December.

Solicits are out, no Warriors. There's still hope though. Of all things, The Union was solicited, retooled as a King in Black tie-in instead of an Empyre one. I'd written that one off months ago.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I now wonder if this delay is because the backlash of the character designs and it's now getting redone to undo it?

I now wonder if this delay is because the backlash of the character designs and it's now getting redone to undo it?
    That would be a pretty extensive re-working of things. I'm not sure what they're doing to be honest.

Things are not looking good. Maybe there is a chance for January, since Children Of The Atom was rescheduled for that month, but each month that goes by without an update on this book, the more likely it is that it got cancelled.

Controversy aside, it sucks that we might miss out on a reunion of the classic team. That was the biggest hook of the book for me, but it ended up getting drowned by the negativity surrounding the new characters. I hope Kibblesmith still gets to tell his story, even if it happens later on down the line on another book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Controversy aside, it sucks that we might miss out on a reunion of the classic team. That was the biggest hook of the book for me, but it ended up getting drowned by the negativity surrounding the new characters. I hope Kibblesmith still gets to tell his story, even if it happens later on down the line on another book.
    That is how I felt too--I was wanting the book for the appearance of the classic team. I hoped the new characters would be cool, but honestly I really didn't give a damn about them either way. I'd hate if we lose the chance to see the classic gang (and Psioniex! They were in one of the issues solicited pre-shutdown) because of the code names of some new characters that no one has actually read about in-story yet.

Here's a thought - it is possible that the Warriors will appear as antagonists in Champions (maybe showing the opposite perspective of the events due to happen in New Warriors #3, or showing up when the Champs make a rescue attempt on their captive team members) - I wonder if any such scenes would be rewritten? The classic members showing up would be fine, but any of the five new kids would be out of nowhere if the New Warriors book hasn't started by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Here's a thought - it is possible that the Warriors will appear as antagonists in Champions (maybe showing the opposite perspective of the events due to happen in New Warriors #3, or showing up when the Champs make a rescue attempt on their captive team members) - I wonder if any such scenes would be rewritten? The classic members showing up would be fine, but any of the five new kids would be out of nowhere if the New Warriors book hasn't started by then.
    We know at least Justice will show up in Champions for sure; he was in the trailer for Champions that Marvel released recently, and it did look like he was with C.R.A.D.L.E., so it is possible that if the other New Warriors show up, they will have an antagonistic role. Then again, I remember that in an interview about the NW mini from months ago, it was said that Justice wasn't on the covers because he wouldn't exactly be on the same side as the New Warriors.... so it's possible Vance betrays the NW and helps the Champions, OR the NW decide to help the Champions, and Vance turns on all of them. I believe if something from Champions got rewritten, it happened between issues #3-5, 'cause those were the ones that were done recently when they got a new artist. I just hope Vance and/or the rest of the team at least don't look too bad in the Champions book if the NW mini got cancelled, 'cause it would suck for them to have an antagonistic role and then not even get a chance to redeem themselves in their own book.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-18-2020 at 02:03 AM.

You know, Vance deciding to help the Champions would have a justified reason - Sam Alexander was once recruited by him for the previous New Warriors team, so Vance has been left seeing his friends fight each other. Speedball was the only other classic Warrior in that lineup - Firestar had joined the X-Men, Night Thrasher was dead (resurrected in Contest of Champions, 2015), and while Namorita who died at the same time (in Civil War) had already been resurrected, she was in space having last been seen in Rich Rider's solo Nova book, which ended with him getting stuck in the Cancerverse.

Maybe that's how the New Warriors book was planned to end - Justice persuading Speedball to get the team working against CRADLE. Because you're right, surely Marvel don't want the team to look like villains? It would harm their reputation worse than Civil War did.

Ultimate Member

You the backlash by the folks who would NEVER buy the book even if it was all the original cast?

Folks who need youtube revenue via fake rage.

It was fake rage. Unlike everyone else who got toxic behavior tossed at them-EVERYBODY left the creative team alone.

If you are redoing it-that is more money being spent.

Especially if issues 1-3 are done.

Now there is nothing to say you can't give them new outfits at the end of the last issue or in an issue of Champions.

But I would leave the book as is and move on.

If it was me-unless you show PROOF you bought and READ the book-your opinion would mean nothing to me.

These trolls have gone after Ms marvel, Miles, Panther, Carol, Squirrel Girl, Duke Thomas, Daniel Cherry and so many others. How many times have they FAILED?

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    We know at least Justice will show up in Champions for sure; he was in the trailer for Champions that Marvel released recently, and it did look like he was with C.R.A.D.L.E., so it is possible that if the other New Warriors show up, they will have an antagonistic role. Then again, I remember that in an interview about the NW mini from months ago, it was said that Justice wasn't on the covers because he wouldn't exactly be on the same side as the New Warriors.... so it's possible Vance betrays the NW and helps the Champions, OR the NW decide to help the Champions, and Vance turns on all of them. I believe if something from Champions got rewritten, it happened between issues #3-5, 'cause those were the ones that were done recently when they got a new artist. I just hope Vance and/or the rest of the team at least don't look too bad in the Champions book if the NW mini got cancelled, 'cause it would suck for them to have an antagonistic role and then not even get a chance to redeem themselves in their own book.
    I feel like the mini was definitely going to end with either the new recruits or the classic team turning against CRADLE and the law, but I'm not sure how that will impact the story if it's been scaled back to a mini or the mini hasn't even come out.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You the backlash by the folks who would NEVER buy the book even if it was all the original cast?

Folks who need youtube revenue via fake rage.

It was fake rage. Unlike everyone else who got toxic behavior tossed at them-EVERYBODY left the creative team alone.

If you are redoing it-that is more money being spent.

Especially if issues 1-3 are done.

Now there is nothing to say you can't give them new outfits at the end of the last issue or in an issue of Champions.

But I would leave the book as is and move on.

If it was me-unless you show PROOF you bought and READ the book-your opinion would mean nothing to me.

These trolls have gone after Ms marvel, Miles, Panther, Carol, Squirrel Girl, Duke Thomas, Daniel Cherry and so many others. How many times have they FAILED?
    Pretty good points there. Show the receipts, as they say today. As for whether those trolls have failed, maybe not in terms of actually deterring the Big Two from using or promoting those characters, but more along the lines of inducing or fomenting more skepticism and negativity around said characters among the fanbase. Negative word of mouth, as well as the tendency to put too much trust in those who seem to be confirming or reinforcing preexisting biases, can sadly do a lot of damage to certain characters' standing in fandom.
    The spider is always on the hunt.