Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

You're right, issue 1 is dated July 1990, so it probably came out in May that year.

The team's debut in Thor #411 though, is dated December 1989, so while they didn't have a book yet, the team was around in the 80s - just barely.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Thor_Vol_1_411
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I really liked the version of the team made up of former mutants.
    I forgot about that, that was cool but the rest have been bad IMO.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post

O' lawd stahp.

I mean�� I dont know who swallowed explosive pills but Im thinking that origin was written long before the "world wide web"
    ...was a thing...

Pheeeww.. I mean I love me some Night thrasher.

And Im up for new characters but.... were in the late phase of comics everybody reading them is tech savy...
    Thye can so better than "internet gas" narratively speaking.

I mean just say he's in an in inhuman.

Use the story-driven gas that already existed.... or not. ... I mean whatever marvel. At least the xbooks moving along
    I do agree that "internet gas" is a really dumb idea. Just not the dumbest comics have ever given us.

The explosives thing was The Human Bomb.

ETA: I guess we should be grateful that it's internet gas rather than some kind of treatment for vaccine-inflicted autism. That almost sounds like the speed of most of this concept.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 03-20-2020 at 07:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Why not just go the Jake 2.0 route and say he has nanites??

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I came here to get an idea if any of this was serious. Now that it's confirmed I honestly figure that Marvel is just culture trolling and that this new team is being written to be cannon fodder for later on in the plot. I refuse to believe that creatively a paid professional comic writer comes up with such flimsy, trash @$$ characters and wants us to take them serious.
    This is exactly my thought. I'm a little surprised that so many people think that they're supposed to be lasting characters. I mean, there's some satire intended.

BANNED

I was really looking forward to a New Warriors book but this looks like total crap. I truly hope these joke characters are blown up.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

It would be funny if they use these characters to prove/disprove the old adage “their aren’t any bad characters only bad writing”. It would be funny if these characters are the best written bad characters ever.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    It would be funny if they use these characters to prove/disprove the old adage “their aren’t any bad characters only bad writing”. It would be funny if these characters are the best written bad characters ever.
    But this is from the guy who couldn't even write Lockjaw.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    I was really looking forward to a New Warriors book but this looks like total crap. I truly hope these joke characters are blown up.
    I always love this mentality. Instead of just not reading the books characters you don't like are in, they should be killed off so the people that do like them can't even read them.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

New for 2020... The Quaran-Teens!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

I like the colors...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    This is exactly my thought. I'm a little surprised that so many people think that they're supposed to be lasting characters. I mean, there's some satire intended.
    Did you watch the trailer? This book and it's characters ain't being played for comedy.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I always love this mentality. Instead of just not reading the books characters you don't like are in, they should be killed off so the people that do like them can't even read them.
    Why are you calling out the Quentin Quire haters?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Old Warriors: The Hater, Alpha Male, Boomer, Cis-ster Mary, and Trigger Finger
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Y’all can’t come up with these villain names without conveniently crafted powers that fit the name. That’s just cheating.
    A fun challenge:

The Hater - A student of the Hate-Monger who can turn people's feeling into physical toxic gas

Alpha Male - A demonic wolf who likes hunting weak creatures

Boomer - A war vet who can turn sound waves into dangerous explosions

Cis-ster Mary - A female telepath who "helps" at a conversion camp and other confused people.

Trigger Finger - An alien who can shoot bullets out of his fingers

The creating villains for the new team in this thread is amusing at least there is some fun to be had.