Trigger Finger - An alien who can shoot bullets out of his fingers
    That's just Bush-Whacker.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That's just Bush-Whacker.
    I think hes dead

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ideas for future members of this team.

Cuckold - Don't know what his powers would be but his powers would activate when seeing his lover be intimate with someone else.

Echo Chamber - person with sound based powers.

Tumblrina - imagination based powers. Can make anything she thinks up come to life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I always love this mentality. Instead of just not reading the books characters you don't like are in, they should be killed off so the people that do like them can't even read them.
    I won't be reading it. And you can always re-read the back issues when they are dead. I am all for progressive characters, but not tacky messes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    I won't be reading it. And you can always re-read the back issues when they are dead. I am all for progressive characters, but not tacky messes like this.
    Considering the series isn't even out yet there would be no back issues to read if you kill them off.

No one said you had to read it. And if you aren't reading it, the comic and characters existing has no bearing on you at all. It's extremely petty to deprive someone of a product just because someone that won't even consume that product dislikes it.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    And not to the exclusion of opposing viewpoints.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Did you watch the trailer? This book and it's characters ain't being played for comedy.
    Yeah, and I also remember when Marvel pretended that The Sentry was a forgotten Stan Lee character from the early 60's and they pretended that The Thunderbolts were going to be just another Avengers style team. This is them setting things up for the twist. Mark my words, there's no way these characters are going to be around 2 years from now, at least not in their present form.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Yeah, and I also remember when Marvel pretended that The Sentry was a forgotten Stan Lee character from the early 60's and they pretended that The Thunderbolts were going to be just another Avengers style team. This is them setting things up for the twist. Mark my words, there's no way these characters are going to be around 2 years from now, at least not in their present form.
    I think The Sentry could have stayed the joke character he is if Bendis didn't put him in the Avengers.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

The Patriarch sounds kinda cool even without the meaning behind it.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

So just for comparison, I checked the likes/dislikes and comments for the Children of the Atom trailer, the parallel young mutant group. Though fewer, it's a similar trend: more negative comments and dislikes than likes. Seems that almost across the board any new teen group mentored by a legacy group is pilloried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLVebLhsG7w
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'm okay with the names and the appearances of the characters. Going back to the video interview, I feel that the writer wants to take back terms like "Snowflake" and "Safespace" and reconfigure from terms of derision to ones of pride. Still, intention is one thing, execution is another. We'll see how it goes. For me, I'm glad that we are getting characters of different shapes and gender labels in a Marvel book.

Ultimately, I'm in this to see more of Night Thrasher's sweet new costume .
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    So just for comparison, I checked the likes/dislikes and comments for the Children of the Atom trailer, the parallel young mutant group. Though fewer, it's a similar trend: more negative comments and dislikes than likes. Seems that almost across the board any new teen group mentored by a legacy group is pilloried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLVebLhsG7w
    The hate towards COTA is for sure fueled by the fresh hate that arose towards the new New Warriors. COTA had been announced for a while now, we already knew what they were about, and there was no fuss back then. The trolls are only coming out of the woodwork because NW put a target on Marvel’s back. Like someone said earlier in the thread, this is coming from the people who were never going to support any of those books anyway. It’s just “review bombing”, which is a tactic they’ve been using for a while. It means nothing. I say let the books come out and their quality (or lack thereof) speak for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    The best name I've heard so far for their ultimate villian - The Patriarch.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Don't forget Toxic Masculinity and White Privilege.
    Orange Man, or, not to be TOO on the nose, Agent Orange.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ideas for future members of this team.Cuckold - Don't know what his powers would be but his powers would activate when seeing his lover be intimate with someone else.
    I beat you to this name eight pages ago. I also said that Marvel should go all in and name the team The Social Justice Warriors but i forgot what page that was.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Ultimately, I'm in this to see more of Night Thrasher's sweet new costume .
    ^^^The beard looks good, too!

On the subject of dumb names for dumb characters, how about The Flex?
    Even as you’re getting ready to fight he tells you about these amazing feats he has (different feats depending on who he’s fighting), growing more powerful as he goes.

Against a speedster:
    “I once ran so fast I tapped myself on the shoulder before I even started running”.

Against a Brick:
    “I once thunderclapped the moon out of its orbit”.

And so on.