Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Marvel kinda managed to piss of everyone with this lol. Comicgate and co's reactions are obvious, but I've also seen a lot of people on twitter who care about representation being offended and feeling like Marvel is treating it like a joke lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    It's so "nice" to see the CG crowd and progressive comic fans come together during these trying times to unite in their hatred for this book.
    Yeah, albeit for different reasons. The CG MFs will hate on it because they hate anything in comics that gives prominence to people or groups other than straight, gender-conforming white men, and like Wiccan said, the more progressive fans will hate it because they feel they and their lived experiences are being insulted and treated like jokes by what is still a largely white, straight, (at least) middle-aged male-dominated medium and industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait, they actually got mentioned in the British press?
    The Daily Mail is based in Britain, but they comment on stuff in America and in the rest of the world a lot. Kind of like how American news outlets will (try to) address the rest of the world and its issues at times. We're an increasingly globally interconnected society, whether we, or some people, like it or not.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait, they actually got mentioned in the British press?
    You may have to Google it cuz the site wants me to disable Adblock.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You may have to Google it cuz the site wants me to disable Adblock.
    Ads, a necessary evil, perhaps, but definitely annoying.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

I'll give it a chance. I found no justification for the hate for this new comic that hasn't even came out yet. I'm surprised that B-Negative has gotten less flak than the rest(guess he represent the '90 fanbase)of thegroup. I hope they don't use Rage as a "Toxic Male" representative for this book.
    Last edited by Chimeratengun; 03-25-2020 at 06:49 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Their overall design/visual aesthetic was vomitous.
    Their backstories weren't well thought out and seriously lacked interest.
    Based on those two criteria alone, I judged them and found them desperately wanting.

(and that's before we get to their actual code names and the rationales behind them)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

As I stated before, this book really doesn't interest me and yes, I concur with a lot of the criticisms so I am simply going to not buy the book and move on with my life, but ....

my god, talk about "snowflakes," the anti-SJW or whatever crowd that's flooding the internet with their hate for this book is just the biggest bunch of whiny crybabies I have ever seen in my life!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Their overall design/visual aesthetic was vomitous.
    Their backstories weren't well thought out and seriously lacked interest.
    Based on those two criteria alone, I judged them and found them desperately wanting.

(and that's before we get to their actual code names and the rationales behind them)
    Same. I find them worse that Hulkverine who I think can be described as "how much crack did you give a 6 year old before he came up with that."

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    As I stated before, this book really doesn't interest me and yes, I concur with a lot of the criticisms so I am simply going to not buy the book and move on with my life, but ....

my god, talk about "snowflakes," the anti-SJW or whatever crowd that's flooding the internet with their hate for this book is just the biggest bunch of whiny crybabies I have ever seen in my life!
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Same. I find them worse that Hulkverine who I think can be described as "how much crack did you give a 6 year old before he came up with that."
    At least Weapon H turned out somewhat decent and a lot of doubters ended up eating their words.

Ultimate Member

You should see how hostile black creators are getting over it. Especially towards those who "defend" it.

I found no justification for the hate for this new comic that hasn't even came out yet.
    This is the point all those folks MISS.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeratengun View Post
    I'll give it a chance. I found no justification for the hate for this new comic that hasn't even came out yet. I'm surprised that B-Negative has gotten less flak than the rest(guess he represent the '90 fanbase)of thegroup. I hope they don't use Rage as a "Toxic Male" representative for this book.

What's not to understand? People are expressing their level of disinterest in the book based upon the premise of the story, visual asthetic for the design and name of new characters. Sure the book could change peoples minds once it's released but i think there's enough information available as is for people to say how they feel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    What's not to understand? People are expressing their level of disinterest in the book based upon the premise of the story, visual asthetic for the design and name of new characters. Sure the book could change peoples minds once it's released but i think there's enough information available as is for people to say how they feel about it.
    "Disinterest?" That's the understatement of the year. This isn't just, "This book looks stupid, I'm not buying it" - people are going on 30-minute rants, using their photoshop and editing software to make videos, decrying "The Death of Marvel" or how this book will destroy the industry, etc... There's some real vitriol about this book. Some people sure got super triggered by this book's announcement.(Ooh - "Trigger", perfect name for a member of this NW team...) Imagine what will happen when the book actually comes out...!
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-26-2020 at 06:00 AM.

Incredible Member

"Disinterest?" That's the understatement of the year. This isn't just, "This book looks stupid, I'm not buying it" - people are going on 30-minute rants, using their photoshop and editing software to make videos, decrying "The Death of Marvel" or how this book will destroy the industry, etc... There's some real vitriol about this book. Some people sure got super triggered by this book's announcement.(Ooh - "Trigger", perfect name for a member of this NW team...) Imagine what will happen when the book actually comes out...!

And how exactly is this uncommon behavior?? YouTube is all about over the top reactions across all types of different subjects. If you post a hohum measured type of response video chances are you're not going to get to many views or responses.

Not abnormal at all imo as far as YouTube is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    And how exactly is this uncommon behavior?? YouTube is all about over the top reactions across all types of different subjects. If you post a hohum measured type of response video chances are you're not going to get to many views or responses.

Not abnormal at all imo as far as YouTube is concerned.
    I never said it was uncommon, just that this book's announcement created a strong reaction from a bunch of whiners. (which yes, the internet is filled with)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-26-2020 at 10:04 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I never said it was uncommon, just that this book's announcement created a strong reaction from a bunch of whiners. (which yes, the internet is filled with)
    Whiners from both sides of the coin. The dislike for this book is damn near universal.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Whiners from both sides of the coin. The dislike for this book is damn near universal.
    prejudging a book before reading it is not a rational stance. It's the behavior that many have criticized the so called "SJW" in conducting in the past and now that the exaggerated outrage is shared doesn't validate the irrational "critic"