Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Well they are using a name of a group who...while filming a reality tv show got into a situation that was a lil over their heads and a buncha kids died
    Actually a good point. I still remember Iron Man calling the New Warriors "a tarnished brand" to Justice's face in Chris Yost's series, completely overlooking that he (Iron Man) and Captain America dragged the entire superhero community into a rather violent political and ideological dispute that ultimately gave us Norman freaking Osborn in charge of everything because Iron Man screwed up that damn badly leading into and during Secret Invasion. After the litany of failures and f***ups that the Avengers have been responsible for over the years, them having the gall to call the New Warriors tarnished over Stamford reeks of high-handed sanctimony.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Marvel, stop inventing new characters when you have so many unused! I'd have rather seen johnny Cool over a new ice character.
    The issue is you have to get a writer and editor willing to do that.

Well they are using a name of a group who...while filming a reality tv show got into a situation that was a lil over their heads and a buncha kids died
    And how many kids have the X-Men gotten butchered? Not to mention a certain flooding of Wakanda that many trolls want to see happen again.

No one in Marvel can toss stones about getting folks killed.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

And how many kids have the X-Men gotten butchered? Not to mention a certain flooding of Wakanda that many trolls want to see happen again.

And of course, all the catastrophic blunders committed by the Avengers, individually or collectively, that have resulted in getting innocent people dead or hurt in the not-so-proverbial crossfire --- which somehow doesn't tarnish their record as "Earth's Mightiest Heroes."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Safespace is still dumb merely for the idea that he's using a derogatory term as a badge of honor. It would be if I called myself porch monkey if I became a hero.
    On one hand i think that's a stupid idea... but then again, that's the same backstory that they had for Daredevil. He took a derogatory name the bullies used and made his calling card.... Granted there is a MUCH bigger 'coolness' difference between the names 'Daredevil' and 'Safespace'...

My biggest gripe is that the team is too big, my favorite characters will get ignored for the new characters... and it'll be New Warriors in name only. Basically business as usual for the Warriors. I really really wish that the Warriors could be treated like DC's Titans... every 5-10 years they restart the series with the classic characters and just go from there. You get Arsenal, Nightwing, Donna, Garth, Wally etc... and they don't have to shoehorn a bunch of new characters to make it interesting. IF you want to attract the fans of New Warriors... USE the New Warriors. Not as mentors, or teachers, or anything else that doesn't fit the characters... but just USE them to help fix the world from problems that the other teams miss. It's NOT that hard to do...

Night Thrasher and Rage to show up in Black Panther.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

It's a matter of baggage. Old characters, even obscure ones, come with a lot of preconceived notions and expectations. Most writers don't want to deal with that so they create a new character.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    It's a matter of baggage. Old characters, even obscure ones, come with a lot of preconceived notions and expectations. Most writers don't want to deal with that so they create a new character.
    Honestly, I think its more writers want to create their own character, that they hope will be popular, instead of pushing someone else's creation.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Honestly, I think its more writers want to create their own character, that they hope will be popular, instead of pushing someone else's creation.
    Yeah, and the possibility of residuals or even getting involved in later appearances of the character in other media, could also be a thing. There are lots of people burning to write Spider-Man or Daredevil, but when it comes to Namorita or Justice, the line is a bit shorter...

And even a perfect New Warriors relaunch would feel weird, to me, since, IMO, Rich, in particular, has moved *WAY* past New Warriors-dom, and should be hanging with cosmic people like the Silver Surfer, Ronan the Accuser and the Super-Skrull, these days.

Which of course, he is, being a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy currently.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Actually a good point. I still remember Iron Man calling the New Warriors "a tarnished brand" to Justice's face in Chris Yost's series, completely overlooking that he (Iron Man) and Captain America dragged the entire superhero community into a rather violent political and ideological dispute that ultimately gave us Norman freaking Osborn in charge of everything because Iron Man screwed up that damn badly leading into and during Secret Invasion. After the litany of failures and f***ups that the Avengers have been responsible for over the years, them having the gall to call the New Warriors tarnished over Stamford reeks of high-handed sanctimony.
    Yeaaah I thought the condemnation of the NW was pretty sh!tty On top of their story getting hijacked by Tony and Steve's tiff+50 State Initiative then the travesty that was Jubilee in her WONDRA-Bra guise leading a buncha depowered Mutants calling themselves New Warriors...lord
    I'm not sure any X-Man did but I wasn't tryna throw shade at what happened in Stamford. Always liked the NW esp Rage, Silhouette, Slapstick and Debri
    More than enough. But that's kinda a moot point now on KraKoa.
    Why would XFans(?) want to flood Wakanda?
    GrindrStone(D)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I'm not sure any X-Man did but I wasn't tryna throw shade at what happened in Stamford. Always liked the NW esp Rage, Silhouette, Slapstick and Debri
    More than enough. But that's kinda a moot point now on KraKoa.
    Why would XFans(?) want to flood Wakanda?
    Because I keep seeing too many Namor needs to finish the job comments not limited to just that fan base but in general.

If they are written decently they could catch on or worst be members of Great Lake Avengers vol 6.
    Oh, so New York gets all the good heroes and the rest of us continues to get crap? That's cold...
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

A comic shop is betting on this book in a BIG way. They just ordered five-hundred issues of this.

The Comic Store That Ordered 500 Copies of Marvel's New Warriors #1 "No press is bad press" https://bleedingcool.com/comics/comi...ew-warriors-1/
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    A comic shop is betting on this book in a BIG way. They just ordered five-hundred issues of this.

The Comic Store That Ordered 500 Copies of Marvel's New Warriors #1 "No press is bad press" https://bleedingcool.com/comics/comi...ew-warriors-1/
    Did he make that order pre-pandemic? 'Cause I think he's definitely overestimating how much a New Warriors mini-series would sell in a single shop. Unless he's also planning to sell those online. Either way, he might be severely disappointed if Marvel decides to publish this as a digital exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Night Thrasher and Rage to show up in Black Panther.
    Man i couldn't stand Vibraxis.