Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I was very excited when the book was announced, but with each announcement my excitement has dropped tenfold. I may pick it up in back issue bins...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    What happened to New Warriors? In the 80's and 90's the book wasn't amazing but was decent and had some good storylines like Vance and his father. But since the 00's it's been awful IMO.
    I really liked the version of the team made up of former mutants.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    So... what are their villains going to be called?

I'm betting on Boomer and Mansplaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Hate-Speech.
    Fat-Shamer.
    Misgender-man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Old Warriors: The Hater, Alpha Male, Boomer, Cis-ster Mary, and Uncensored
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Manbabies
    Incel
    Red Pill
    Kid Blexit

I came here to get an idea if any of this was serious. Now that it's confirmed I honestly figure that Marvel is just culture trolling and that this new team is being written to be cannon fodder for later on in the plot. I refuse to believe that creatively a paid professional comic writer comes up with such flimsy, trash @$$ characters and wants us to take them serious.

Two words: Internet. Gas.

Hah. Haha. Hahahahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    What happened to New Warriors? In the 80's and 90's the book wasn't amazing but was decent and had some good storylines like Vance and his father. But since the 00's it's been awful IMO.
    They were made the scapegoat for Civil War and never recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well someone needs to tell Joe Q that they have PLENTY of teens in limbo that needs homes. Lets stop making new ones.

Hazmat, Mettle, Rayshuan, Inferno and others could have been in this book.
    Hazmat's currently in Captain Marvel, Mettle has never been resurrected after his death in Avengers Arena, and Rayshaun SHOULD be with the Champions, though he did no-show the Outlawed one-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    In the underused characters thread we were just saying the same thing. Gravity, Anya Corazon, and Ultra Girl all came up as being perfect for new New Warriors book.
    Heh, Gravity and Anya were on a team together before, the Young Allies, and Anya and Suzy are both former proteges of Carol Danvers, so those three should work well together.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I went w. Justice and Night Thrasher as a kind of Superman/Batman of the team.
    They’ve lost Firestar to Krakoa, Namorita’s MIA, Nova’s in space, and Speedball’s not ready to rejoin.

The guys set out to build a new more powerful team and redeem the New Warriors name.

They end up recruiting Gravity, Ahura Boltagon, Singularity, Victor Mancha, Hazmat, Delilah Dearborn, Alpha and Powerman III.
    I went into more detail on the whys and all that, but really, it still beats what i’m seeing coming up w. this new book.
    Power Man III? You mean Victor Alvarez - Atlas and Luke Cage being the other two? He's a Champion. Victor Mancha's with the Runaways, and Singularity just got used in Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I like Hummingbird whatever happened to her?
    She showed up in Champions #6 last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    From the realm of unused teen heroes...let's not forget Thunderstrike and Toro (from the young allies)
    Thunderstrike isn't forgotten - he was in Asgardians of the Galaxy last year.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Thunderstrike isn't forgotten - he was in Asgardians of the Galaxy last year.
    And then shuffled off right after.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    They were made the scapegoat for Civil War and never recovered.
    Pretty much this, and now they're helping CRADLE enforce the new law against superheroes under the age of 21, which is even worse, because that makes the New Warriors a bunch of turncoats, at least in my opinion.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

You know what? I want to see what Nova thinks. I can't imagine Rich being pleased about this, considering Sam's impacted by this.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You know what? I want to see what Nova thinks. I can't imagine Rich being pleased about this, considering Sam's impacted by this.
    And he was pretty pissed off at everyone in the aftermath of the original Civil War, fighting over a stupid law on Earth while real life-and-death stakes were happening in outer space. I could see a callback to that should he get the chance to weigh in on what his old friends are doing.

Trailblazer seems cool but reminds me of Jinny Hex w her Magic box.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And he was pretty pissed off at everyone in the aftermath of the original Civil War, fighting over a stupid law on Earth while real life-and-death stakes were happening in outer space. I could see a callback to that should he get the chance to weigh in on what his old friends are doing.
    That's right, he missed Civil War because of Annihilation.

Power Man III? You mean Victor Alvarez - Atlas and Luke Cage being the other two? He's a Champion. Victor Mancha's with the Runaways, and Singularity just got used in Captain Marvel.
    Yeah, I meant Victor.
    And characters doing other things don’t preclude them from doing something new.
    Part of my build dealt w. Justice & Night Thrasher approaching these individuals and why they’d accept. I fully intended for feathers to be ruffled by this recruitment drive.
    One plot in particular would concern why Singularity would be on earth to begin with, and it’d lead to a space adventure within the first year of the (hypothetical) book for the fledgling team, where they would of course, meet up w. Nova.
    I thought this out pretty thoroughly, as this has always been one of my favorite teams.

That's right, he missed Civil War because of Annihilation.
    And it was for the better. I still remember his parting shot at Iron Man: "What have you done?"