Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    And that’s just the thing: if you look up New Warriors on YouTube right now and keep scrolling, you’ll find one video with someone talking about the OG team, a couple of videos about the attempted TV show from a while back and literally all of the other videos are from people hating on the new team. It took this thread 3 months to get to 6 pages, and look how much discussion this controversy has generated in a couple of days. This book is the first time the OG team is almost entirely back together in years, we’ve known this for a month, but that’s not even discussed anymore because people are focusing all of their energy on a bunch of obviously satirical characters that more than likely will go to limbo after this mini is over. If people are wondering why Marvel is doing this with the New Warriors, the reason is very clear: not enough people are caring about this title without a gimmick.

Yep this gimmicky approach is generating so much more chatter and bringing so much more relevancy to the NW brand according to some I'm personally expecting it to lite the sales charts on 🔥.

Talk is cheap as they say so if the extra conversation doesn't translate into significantly more sales none of this
    extra attention means anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What the hell? As far as I can see her only crime is having no history as a comic book writer before she wrote Ironheart. That doesn't justify showing her being hanged!
    Pretty sure the noose was because she is black. It was a common practice to lynch black people when they got too "uppity" only a few decades back.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Pretty sure the noose was because she is black. It was a common practice to lynch black people when they got too "uppity" only a few decades back.
    Yes. We already knew that.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yes. We already knew that.
    I think they're saying the majority of white writers proooobably don't have their Ultrafanboy Death Threats paired with the classic racial hatred
    GrindrStone(D)

They do get a lot of crap just for being white, though.

I mean, i’m Black and I’ve never bought/not bought a book based on a writer's ethnicity. I think it’s biased in the extreme to go around pre-judging what a person can and can’t write that way.

Excuse the rant, that kind of thinking just irks me.
    That said, ‘nuff said, on my part, at least till the actual book comes out.

Too Snarky??
    Last edited by BroHomo; 03-23-2020 at 11:25 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Yep this gimmicky approach is generating so much more chatter and bringing so much more relevancy to the NW brand according to some I'm personally expecting it to lite the sales charts on ��.

Talk is cheap as they say so if the extra conversation doesn't translate into significantly more sales none of this
    The timing makes it very unlikely that this book could get a significant sales boost, unfortunately. If sales are not harmed by the fact that it’s already a niche title, the Coronavirus crisis might just bury it, ‘cause it’s definitely the smaller titles that are gonna take the heat first. The entire Outlawed line dropped at the worst time.

Yeah, Outlawed #1 itself is the only issue that made it out. Diamond just shuttered, so after this week, that's it. Digital or nothing. Empyre's in the same boat, got it's Road to Empyre issue out and that's all. Disaster for Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Poor new warriors just can't catch a break can they? I just came from a transformers forum and they were making fun of this book. Even non comic sites are laughing at it. Sigh. Poor new warriors.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Poor new warriors just can't catch a break can they? I just came from a transformers forum and they were making fun of this book. Even non comic sites are laughing at it. Sigh. Poor new warriors.
    Even Daily Mail were laughing at this and they're a bigger joke than this.
    "Cable was right!"

Marvel kinda managed to piss of everyone with this lol. Comicgate and co's reactions are obvious, but I've also seen a lot of people on twitter who care about representation being offended and feeling like Marvel is treating it like a joke lol.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It's so "nice" to see the CG crowd and progressive comic fans come together during these trying times to unite in their hatred for this book.

I was really excited for the team to come back too...

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Yep this gimmicky approach is generating so much more chatter and bringing so much more relevancy to the NW brand according to some I'm personally expecting it to lite the sales charts on ��.

People always try and say that the old "all press is good press no matter what" way of thinking is still true. It isn't. Usually there is so much talk about something these days that people have made up their minds long before it ever comes out. It is not like the old days when people would be like "I need to check this book or movie out to see what all the fuss is about". These days people make up their mind and move on to whatever else is causing the hubbub without giving things that don't catch their interest a second thought.

This book is going to be forgotten fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Even Daily Mail were laughing at this and they're a bigger joke than this.
    Wait, they actually got mentioned in the British press?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman