Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Rich has outgrown the warriors. He either needs to stay in space or perhaps join the avengers at some point.

I've said this before but I'd like to see Vance in space too. How cool would it be for him to join the guardians just like his time displaced older self?
    Eh, screw that. Vance works best one earth. Why homage his lame future counterpart that no one cares about?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    And don't forget Juggernaut from their first appearance (Thor #411 & 412):

I was actually gonna write that one down...then I forgot to write it down, so thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I was actually gonna write that one down...then I forgot to write it down, so thanks!
    Not a problem. Hope you're not mad.

Not a problem. Hope you're not mad.
    Hell no!!!!

They had some great confrontations w. Terrax, The Sphinx, Sebastian Shaw, The Thinker, Sea Urchin...frikkin’ Nitro.
    Though Sphinx was really one of Nova's rogues.

Nitro is infamous, since he's actually the one who murdered the people in Stamford at the start of Civil War, including three of the New Warriors.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Though Sphinx was really one of Nova's rogues.

Nitro is infamous, since he's actually the one who murdered the people in Stamford at the start of Civil War, including three of the New Warriors.
    At this point, Microbe is the only Warrior that Nitro has killed and stayed dead.

I think that balance out for Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i agree with that. but the titans are explicitly young analogues of the Justice League.
    Well not all of them. They have been more diverse in their roster. Even before the Wolfman/Perez run, we had Lilith, Hawk and Dove, Herald and Bumblebee.

The latter two being black. This is the JLA in 1979, the time when the old Teen Titans had been cancelled and the New Teen Titans had yet to debut:

Apart from Red Tornado, who's a robot, everyone's white. No racial diversity at all. The Avengers at this point did have Falcon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    At this point, Microbe is the only Warrior that Nitro has killed and stayed dead.

I think that balance out for Civil War
    Yeah, the only Warrior. There's still all the innocent civilians. Nitro can't breathe a sigh of relief just because two superheroes used time travel to dodge their deaths.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hell no!!!!
    Glad to hear it, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The latter two being black. This is the JLA in 1979, the time when the old Teen Titans had been cancelled and the New Teen Titans had yet to debut:

Apart from Red Tornado, who's a robot, everyone's white. No racial diversity at all. The Avengers at this point did have Falcon.
    Wow, that cover. Not exactly the Magnificent 7. What were the Martian Manhunter & Aquaman doing during this time?
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-13-2020 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Added clarification.

Aquaman didn't have his own book and was only appearing every two months in Adventure Comics. Martian Manhunter rejoined the JLA six months after that issue, having gone off into space with some Martian refugees.

Ultimate Member

Wow, that cover. Not exactly the Magnificent 7. What were the Martian Manhunter & Aquaman doing during this time?
    I can't imagine either of those characters (terrified of fire / aquatic, dehydration as a weakness) would want within a thousand parsecs of this mission.

Not that Green Arrow is likely to be a big help. "Quick, the planet is on fire! Shoot a fire extinguisher arrow at it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I can't imagine either of those characters (terrified of fire / aquatic, dehydration as a weakness) would want within a thousand parsecs of this mission.

Not that Green Arrow is likely to be a big help. "Quick, the planet is on fire! Shoot a fire extinguisher arrow at it!"
    And yet only Batman can put an end to the flames.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    and Nitro should be given a medal for that, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well not all of them. They have been more diverse in their roster. Even before the Wolfman/Perez run, we had Lilith, Hawk and Dove, Herald and Bumblebee.
    Robin (Dick Grayson), Kid Flash (Wally West) and Aqualad (Garth) team up to defeat a weather-controlling villain known as Mister Twister in The Brave and the Bold #54 (July 1964) by writer Bob Haney and artist Bruno Premiani.[5] They appeared under the name "Teen Titans" in The Brave and the Bold #60 (July 1965), joined by Wonder Woman's younger sister Wonder Girl (Donna Troy).

^seems like all justice league analogues to me. am i confusing it with something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    and Nitro should be given a medal for that, imo.
    Okay, that was funny...