Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like the mini was definitely going to end with either the new recruits or the classic team turning against CRADLE and the law, but I'm not sure how that will impact the story if it's been scaled back to a mini or the mini hasn't even come out.
    Eh, not a hard prediction. Everyone turns against 'The Man' whomever that may be

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Cat Justice on this variant cover for Champions. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Well I remember when she team with the X-men a few years back she was flirting with Iceman who I think was flirting back but then the O5 happen
    You mean when Brian Bendis saw a Family Guy cutaway gag and decided that was the direction to go with the character? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hdSVXWPVev0
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    That is how I felt too--I was wanting the book for the appearance of the classic team. I hoped the new characters would be cool, but honestly I really didn't give a damn about them either way. I'd hate if we lose the chance to see the classic gang (and Psioniex! They were in one of the issues solicited pre-shutdown) because of the code names of some new characters that no one has actually read about in-story yet.

I'll be surprised if it isn't eventually published just because it seems like a lot of the other stuff is getting that treatment (Power Pack, The Union, etc) but like you i'd be getting the series because of the original characters.

I get what the writer is trying to do with exploring the themes associated with the new characters but you can do that without being so on the nose with the codenames because to me as is the names are cringe inducing. It also doesn't help that visually that the new additions look like rejected character models from the videogame Overwatch.
    Last edited by classicgmer; 09-19-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Cat Justice on this variant cover for Champions. LOL

This is too cute for the story it's promoting .

Why is he a cat on that cover anyway? The three Champions shown there are still human, so it's not like it's showing the Outlawed event playing out in Spider-Ham's world.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why is he a cat on that cover anyway? The three Champions shown there are still human, so it's not like it's showing the Outlawed event playing out in Spider-Ham's world.
    For added cuteness .

Astonishing Member

The first 26 issues from the first series is one of the MU's best runs.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

It's just something Rian Gonzales likes to do. If you look up her art, she always add cute animals to it.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    The first 26 issues from the first series is one of the MU's best runs.

In agreement with you about the first 26 issues of the first run being the best!
    Although IMHO, I thought the first 50 issues of the first run were great!
    (along with me having a soft spot for the 75th & final issue, of course):

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-20-2020 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Astonishing Member

JIC, you didn't get Today's release of CHAMPION #1.....spoilers:
    Justice is a part of CRADLE & busts in on the Champion's meeting....!!
    end of spoilers

Champions #1 came out three weeks ago, not today.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    JIC, you didn't get Today's release of CHAMPION #1.....spoilers:
    Justice is a part of CRADLE & busts in on the Champion's meeting....!!
    end of spoilers
    Champions #1 came out three weeks ago, not today.
    Speaking of that, I do understand where Justice is coming from, wanting to keep the Champions from ending up the same way the New Warriors did after Stamford, the inciting incident for the original superhero Civil War, and I'm glad they're not making him a complete jerk about it. It does fit with his character, overall, the same guy who decided that he would serve his sentence for his father's death despite his teammates trying to break him out, since paraphrasing him, "Just because these powers give me the ability to ignore the law, doesn't mean I should."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Is this book cancelled? It should be out by now but there are no reviews for it.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

It was never resolicited, and we've got solicits for Power Pack #3 and Champions #4, so yeah, considering the three books were all meant to have their #1s in the same month, it's not looking good for New Warriors.