Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Is this book cancelled? It should be out by now but there are no reviews for it.
    Between the furlough from the pandemic and massive backlash the announcement got, I'm pretty sure sure Marvel has quietly swept the book under the rug.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I thought it was notable that the Warriors guest-starred in the latest ASM and it was only Night Thrasher and Speedball, with none of the new members showing up.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought it was notable that the Warriors guest-starred in the latest ASM and it was only Night Thrasher and Speedball, with none of the new members showing up.
    And they got thrashed. If Justice had been there, maybe it'd have been something of a fight. Shame, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Justice isn't currently a New Warrior, he's working for CRADLE.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Between the furlough from the pandemic and massive backlash the announcement got, I'm pretty sure sure Marvel has quietly swept the book under the rug.
    Marvel should have just released it, pocketed all the cash and then got rid of the new recruits if they didn't want them.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And they got thrashed. If Justice had been there, maybe it'd have been something of a fight. Shame, though.
    Interesting that speedball got knocked out by a simple kick.....

The writer obviously doesn't realise that Robbie is invulnerable to physical attacks.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Interesting that speedball got knocked out by a simple kick.....

The writer obviously doesn't realise that Robbie is invulnerable to physical attacks.
    The same thing happens to Cannonball sometimes when he's blasting.

Anyway, it's possible Miles and Jess took him out with their venom blasts.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Then Marvel should

1) remove the book from the subscriptions page
    2) Refund the money paid by stores since the first issue was offered and a FOC was done.

I know folks are praying to the devil this book fails so they can yell "gotcha you liberals" but can we wait until an official announcement is made.

Mainly talking to the folks who would never read it but get offended when a book has POC or LGBTQA in it.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Then Marvel should

1) remove the book from the subscriptions page
    2) Refund the money paid by stores since the first issue was offered and a FOC was done.

I know folks are praying to the devil this book fails so they can yell "gotcha you liberals" but can we wait until an official announcement is made.

Mainly talking to the folks who would never read it but get offended when a book has POC or LGBTQA in it.
    Yeah, I was surprised when I saw the web page for the subscription. My interest in the comic peaked because of the reaction to it. I have a sneaky feeling the new heroes are a red herring because it's too on the nose. Hopefully, we get some news, even if it is cancellation news.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Marvel rarely give updates. You have to pray the creative team throws you some scraps and Kibblesmith has been quiet.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Marvel rarely give updates. You have to pray the creative team throws you some scraps and Kibblesmith has been quiet.
    It's not the end of the world if it's canceled. I'm sure in the next five years they would reboot, it hits 12 issues and gets canceled again. Like every other B/C-list super hero team book.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I know folks are praying to the devil this book fails so they can yell "gotcha you liberals"
    No one is praying for this book to fail. They want it to succeed because it can be used as easy content for YouTube videos. Marvel should just take their money and laugh all the way to the bank.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Mighty Member

With Timeslip also working with C.R.A.D.L.E., in Champions #2 I think it is unfortunate that we are not getting to see the more of the New Warriors perspective and their alliance with C.R.A.D.L.E.

Hopefully, Marvel still launches a New Warriors comic with or without the new members.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    With Timeslip also working with C.R.A.D.L.E., in Champions #2 I think it is unfortunate that we are not getting to see the more of the New Warriors perspective and their alliance with C.R.A.D.L.E.

Hopefully, Marvel still launches a New Warriors comic with or without the new members.
    That's a very good point. How do the New Warriors actually feel about allying with CRADLE, especially in light of some of the shadier stuff CRADLE is doing? I mean, one thing to stop kids who are unprepared and untrained from recklessly risking their own (and others') lives, spoilers:
    but do they necessarily know about the CRADLE reeducation camps?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 11-15-2020 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Covering spoilers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

spoilers:
    They do. That's where we saw Timeslip. Snowguard went out of control, so she took her away.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman