Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who's your favorite "forgotten" love interest?

A lot of heroes have one or two main love interests that tend to be fan favorites. But then there are some that get forgotten. I don't mean one-off characters, or even one storyline characters, but those that were around several years, but plenty of casual fans have never even heard of. And few mention them in discussion.

What made me think of it was reading an old issue of Green Lantern and seeing Eve Doremus referenced. I didn't know who she was. Looked her and realized I had read one other issue with her (not a huge GL reader, as you can tell). Barry Allen was engaged to Fiona Webb, but she never crosses my mind. It was only in reading back issues and in New 52 that I knew of Bruce's fiancee, Julie. Was Trevor Barnes around for more than one storyline (I know it was a couple of years, but modern storylines can be long)? I've read one issue with him, but didn't really read much WW of that era. Tina McGee was around for a while, but she and Wally weren't an item for all of it, of course.

So I'm not asking which one you still ship a hero with or wish would come back, but just which one you really liked or remember fondly.

Silver St. Cloud for Bruce Wayne.

Probably Shawn/Defacer for Nightwing will end up that way.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Probably Shawn/Defacer for Nightwing will end up that way.
    The character of Jennifer Jurden; she was the girlfriend of Ray Terrill in the late, lamented mini-series The Ray by Jack C. Harris and Joe Quesada. She was used again to good effect in the ongoing Ray series by Christopher Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She did show up for a few episodes of the Gotham TV series.

Astonishing Member

Sally Selwyn. During a period Superman had lost both his powers and his memory he romanced Sally. She is therefore the only love interest to see Superman/Clark trying to be two separate people. Not the pesky girl next-door (Lana) or her grown-up counterpart (Lois) who are trying to drag ouy his secrets. Not the exotic types who only appeal to Superman (Lori, Lyra, Luma).

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    She did show up for a few episodes of the Gotham TV series.
    Yeah, but she was a pretty different character from the comics.

Retired

I mentioned on the Smallville thread that Alicia Baker reminds me of Lyla Lerrol, Sally Selwyn and Lyrica Lloyd. All these women are able to get much closer to Clark than the recurring love interests that had to be kept at arms length to tease out the romance. But because they get so close they aren't allowed to stay in Clark's life. Lyrica is the one that made the most impact on me, because she was in the first issue of SUPERMAN that I bought and I was stunned by her story--I thought that would have a huge impact on Clark, but she was never referred to again in subsequent issues.

I don't know if Barry Allen's childhood sweetheart Daphne Dean has been revived in the new comics, but I think she adds some spice. Not that Barry should carry a torch for her, yet she attracted many other admirers, being a famous actress, and it would be interesting to revisit her difficulties with stalkers and obsessed fans in this current era.

I'd like to know what became of Kari Limbo, the woman that captured the hearts of both Guy Gardner and Hal Jordan. And on the Green Lantern Corps front, what happed to Imi Kahn after Katma Tui dumped him in favour of her ring-slinging career?

I'd like to know what became of Kari Limbo, the women that captured the hearts of both Guy Gardner and Hal Jordan.
    It can be annoying how much crossover their is between the love interests of various GLs.

Daphne Dean: she was such a cool character. Even after she stopped being a love interest, she was still part of Barry’s eccentric cast.

Fiona Webb: they almost got married for pete’s sake!

Defacer: she deserves better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'd like to know what became of Kari Limbo, the woman that captured the hearts of both Guy Gardner and Hal Jordan. And on the Green Lantern Corps front, what happed to Imi Kahn after Katma Tui dumped him in favour of her ring-slinging career?
    I think Limbo was one of the few characters we actually knew who died when Coast City got blown up. Not positive about that ... not that it matters anyway since continuity is so shaky.

I think it's too bad Pieter Cross/ Dr Midnite as a love-interest for Black Canary has been forgotten/ written out of existence.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-12-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Last edited by Riv86672; 01-12-2020 at 03:06 PM.

BANNED

Diane Meade and Scorch Aubrey Sparks, both love interests to Martian Manhunter. I know Diane is in current Martian Manhunter maxi series, but not a fan of her bisexuality and sibling relationship/friendship with J´onn... she literally was created to be Blond Lois Lane to J´onn. Also she barely shows up in any comics, this is the first time in years she shows up... as Johnny Bravo woman version. Not a fan of Aubrey in a coma after Fernus Saga, then she wakes up but never sees or mention J´onn, he barely mentioned her in his v3 mini series. I think it´s always pretty interesting pair J´onn with a woman firebender, and she actually make him invulnerable after training and "Private moment" in a building on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Totally agree with everything you said, Riv86672.

And I don't know if this counts because of the later revelation, but I always thought Dick had great chemistry with Amy Rohrbach:

Hal Jordan and Power Girl

I'm a big fan of Clark shipping with Cat Grant. Always thought she never really got a fair shake.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."