Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How would the Justice League and other DC heroes react to a being like Galactus?

So I have often wonder if a Galactus like character appeared and was destroying planets to sustain himself and couldn't be destroyed because something far worse would happen how would the Justice League and other DC heroes and characters respond to his existence and which character do you think would most likely become a herald of Galactus to save Earth? Personally I can picture Flash as a herald if only because for Galactus he'd be the most pratical choice though Batman would be an interesting choice as well as I can see him becoming a bat like cosmic being. Superman and Wonder Woman would also be cool to see become heralds but a lot of the Earth's heroes in DC are seriously OP so the universe would be fucked if they became heralds. I'm also not even sure there's a DC hero that would become a herald and willingly doom other worlds.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

There already were too many "Galactuses" around
    1.jpg
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

They would kick his ass to be blunt. They weren’t intimidated by the Anti-Monitor who devoured universes, I doubt they’d let Galactus feed on planets.

Yeah, they would beat (up) Galactus and send him sailing into another galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, they would beat (up) Galactus and send him sailing into another galaxy.
    I don't think they'd willingly send him off somewhere else to continue feeding. I think they'd try to make sure he was never a threat again. I imagine the Guardians would want him permanently contained or eliminated.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

My idea, galactus comes to eat planet krypton. Jor el builds a ship. Sends his son away. Planet gets eaten. No silver surfer. Jor el failed to bargain. should have asked dr fate. Superman kicks galactus's ass back to being galan, when he grows up. The end.kirby would be proud /s
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-09-2020 at 01:15 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They would kick his ass to be blunt. They weren’t intimidated by the Anti-Monitor who devoured universes, I doubt they’d let Galactus feed on planets.
    There are multiple planet-eating type villains in the DCU. At this point they wouldn't bat an eyelash. They would find away to deal with him so he leaves Earth/the Sector alone.

The GLC probably would have probably dealt with him at some point.

BANNED

Feed him the dead earths.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

It depends: did Batman have prep time?
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    It depends: did Batman have prep time?
    I'm sure Batman has an Ultimate Nullifier in his utility belt, right next to the shark repellent.

if it's THE Galactus, considering what happened when they encountered the Omega Titans, they'd likely have to leave the Earth because they're not gonna be able to take him. however, due to the role Earth serves in the universe, I don't think Galactus would come for it. most likely the Green Lanterns would encounter him on a different planet and it would lead to one or all of the earth Lanterns butting heads with the Guardians over allowing Galactus to cook with impunity, which is something the Guardians definitely would do considering the role of Galactus.

unless Geoff Johns writes it, then Galactus would see Superman, fanboy over him and change his ways, while the universe waxes poetically about something nostalgic.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    if it's THE Galactus, considering what happened when they encountered the Omega Titans, they'd likely have to leave the Earth because they're not gonna be able to take him. however, due to the role Earth serves in the universe, I don't think Galactus would come for it. most likely the Green Lanterns would encounter him on a different planet and it would lead to one or all of the earth Lanterns butting heads with the Guardians over allowing Galactus to cook with impunity, which is something the Guardians definitely would do considering the role of Galactus.

unless Geoff Johns writes it, then Galactus would see Superman, fanboy over him and change his ways, while the universe waxes poetically about something nostalgic.
    Glactus jobs anyway, he puts over the main eventers anyway.

It would be just another Sunday for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Mogo vs. Galactus would be pretty awesome .
    That didn't happen when Johns wrote Darkseid or the Anti-Monitor, so...

Wonder Woman took out the Adjudicator once, she can do so again. ::shrugs shoulders::

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    There already were too many "Galactuses" around

Mister Nebula.

Imperiex.

The Omega Titans.

Yes, there are several Galactuses around.

However something like what proposes the OP, with such level of compromise and sacrifice I had saw only once, during the New52, when the cosmic Oracle used SUperboy as his herald. or soimething like that. Don't ask, it was confusing.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin