Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Connie (I forget her last name) one of a few of Wally’s old girlfriends before he settled down with Linda
    Connie ended up with Chunk!
    You can't take the bloke's missus from him!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I wanna say Julie Madison and Silver St. Cloud but those two are pretty well known since Scott Snyder and Gotham use them. They're not big names like Selina, Talia, or Vicki, but not exactly forgotten.

Nocturna then. The character's not forgotten, but the love interest part does.

Ooh, scratch that. Dr. Chase Meridian. Nicole Kidman in Batman Forever is hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Silver St. Cloud for Bruce Wayne.

Probably Shawn/Defacer for Nightwing will end up that way.
    Can anyone really forget Siver St. Cloud?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I'm a big fan of Clark shipping with Cat Grant. Always thought she never really got a fair shake.
    Nobody who dates Clark Kent (even Wonder Woman) gets a fair shake. Lois Lane will always be there (unfortunately in my view).
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but she was a pretty different character from the comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Nobody who dates Clark Kent (even Wonder Woman) gets a fair shake. Lois Lane will always be there (unfortunately in my view).
    Other than having superpowers, Lois Lane has the most in common with Clark Kent. Same career, lives in the same town, same goals and motivations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    You're completely right. Now look, I like Lois, I think she's a crucial part of the Superman mythos, but I tend to like her more as a colleague, working partner or friendly rival for Clark than as a love interest.

Even then, I'm willing to accept that she is and maybe even should be Superman's major romantic partner in the "main" version of Superman - but it just bothers me that there's no dissenting stories these days! I think stories taking place outside the "main" version should almost always lean away from that central ship, and maybe toward alternative ships. Lois isn't and shouldn't be treated as what makes Superman possible.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    You're completely right. Now look, I like Lois, I think she's a crucial part of the Superman mythos, but I tend to like her more as a colleague, working partner or friendly rival for Clark than as a love interest.

Even then, I'm willing to accept that she is and maybe even should be Superman's major romantic partner in the "main" version of Superman - but it just bothers me that there's no dissenting stories these days! I think stories taking place outside the "main" version should almost always lean away from that central ship, and maybe toward alternative ships. Lois isn't and shouldn't be treated as what makes Superman possible.
    Good points.
    With every revamp, and there are many, they have a chance to return the Clark/Lois relationship to the more interesting slow burn of will they/won’t they, and each can have other romantic partners/relationships.
    That said I wasn’t a fan of the drop Lois-grab WW angle from several years back.

Tina McGee

Retired

As far as Bruce Wayne's lost loves go, I think the ones most overlooked are Linda Page, Kaye Daye, Pat Powell, Ginny Jenkins and Molly Post.

Ginny Jenkins
    I remember her. She really doesn't count for this thread "those that were around several years, but plenty of casual fans have never even heard of. And few mention them in discussion." As far as I know, she only appeared twice and isn't (as I was looking for) one of those you might have thought would be remembered, but for some reason isn't.

I admit I didn't care for her, but read the letters pages, and it looks like some people really did.