Default Your Favorite Batman?

5d7ef1c6ed3b6e73a75cbdb46b41c554.jpg
    1) What is your favorite era of Batman? 2) What are your favorite runs on the Batman title and Detective Comics?
    3) What storyline best represents your Batman? 4) All-time Favorite Batman writer/artist?

For me,
    1) Batman in 70's and the late 80's and early 90's

2) O'neil/Adams Batman, Englehart/Rogers Detective Comics run, Doug Moench et al Batman in the 80's. Max Collins' Batman stories... Alan Grant/Norm Breyfogle Detective Comics run

3) The Joker's 5-Way Revenge (Batman #251)

4) Steve Englehart/Marshall Rogers
    Last edited by Comics N' Toons; 01-03-2021 at 07:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

1) I guess I have to go with the 60s because while the 70s has my favorite specific stories, the overall enjoyment and why I like Batman as a kid in the first place came from the 60s. I don't necessarily want Batman For Kids, I like the brooding modern Batman just fine, I just think there are too many annoyances in either characterization, consistency, or continuity for me to enjoy it fully, whereas in the 60s there's no continuity and I can just turn my brain off and be a kid. There is no requirement to be serious. The more real or mature you make Batman, the more questions I have, and the more annoyed I get when it's not answered.

2) Oof, runs. There's too much high ups and low downs from every authors for me to like a run. Englehart, I guess, even if I only read them on and off.

3) The Joker's Five-Way Revenge, Joker Fish, To Kill a Legend, There is No Hope in Crime Alley, Year One, Cold Days...

4) The writer for those specific stories... err... most of them are different... so... Dennis O'Neil since he wrote two of those.
    Jim Lee draws my definitive mid 30s Bruce Wayne
    Mikel Janin draws my definitive late 30s-early 40s Bruce Wayne
    Greg Capullo for early 20s
    Dick Giordano for late 20s Bruce and 18 year old Dick.
    Jason Fabok for Batman in costume.
    Ooh I really like Marshall Rogers too, the square jaw and sharp eyes... but I don't like the hair style of that era.

Retired

1) What is your favourite era of Batman?
    1939 - 1979

2) What are your favourite runs on the Batman title and Detective Comics?
    One of my favourite runs would be DETECTIVE COMICS 327 - 377--and within that run, I especially liked any stories by Gardner Fox, Carmine Infantino and Sid Greene. I also loved the comics in the early '70s--detective stories in DETECTIVE, family intrigue in BATMAN, team-up tales in THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD.

3) What storyline best represents your Batman?
    "The Round-Robin Death Threats"/"Where There's a Will--There's a Slay" in DETECTIVE COMICS 366 - 367.

4) All-time Favourite Batman writer/artist?
    Gardner Fox/Carmine Infantino. But I also really like Bill Finger/Dick Sprang, among others.

Astonishing Member

I always liked "The Batman" Batman since he struck a good balance of serious and healthy.