Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Earth 52: what would you like to see?

So Doomsday Clock #12 revealed that the New 52 era of comics has been preserved on a new world called Earth 52. How would you like to see DC handle this Earth?

Here's how I'd handle it:
    The “breakpoint” is Superman Reborn; this fits the criteria for Doomsday Clock's “split off a new world to preserve an era of Superman”. But this change propagates back in time all the way to the start of the New 52. From the beginning of the second wave, things begin to change: no one from Earth 2 ever visited Earth 52; just Earth 0. So no World's Finest title, and the Earth 2 title never had much to do with the New 52 anyway. In and of itself, this isn't a major change; but it starts a snowball. For instance, Futures End doesn't involve refugees from Earth 2.

Mr. Terrific never meets Power Girl, and never leaves Earth-52. Tanya Spears never becomes Power Girl.

There's no Forever Evil for the same reason that there's no World's Finest: Earth 3 attacked Earth 0, not Earth 52.

Convergence also doesn't happen on Earth 52, meaning no appearance of a pre-Flashpoint Superman and no Titans Hunt. But most of the DCYou initiative continues apace — up to and including the Last Days of Superman. On the other hand, the follow-up series, Superwoman, doesn't get derailed by Superman Reborn. It also takes a somewhat different course, as Superwoman is the one who challenges Lex Luthor about replacing Superman.

Also, no Rebirth, for the same reason as the others: there are no extra-universal incursions onto Earth 52. Wonder Woman never learns that her origin is a lie (and on Earth 52, it isn't). Ray Palmer never gets stuck in the Microverse; Ryan Choi and Ted Kord remain dead. Some of the post-Rebirth stories might still happen, like Green Arrow Aquaman; but for the most part, they don't.

On the other hand: a very different kind of Superman Reborn ends up happening, as Superwoman discovers a way to bring Superman back to life — at the cost of her powers. Which, ironically, ends up saving her life, too.

But by this point, Earth 52 doesn't resemble Earth 0 at all.

BANNED

I’d be happy if I could finally get that Rise of The Seven Seas event that was promised a millennia ago. A backstory for Earth-3 Sea king would be cool to he’s the only character in Forever Evil that didn’t get one.

Hell they could also take it the Futures End route and have Cyborg become the leader of the Justice League on that Earth. I think that was one of the biggest and most controversial things going into the New52 originally was the roster, so I think it would be fitting to have it the League that is being started with Cyborg coming into these powers meeting these strangers and then ending up running the League.

Post-Rebirth Aquaman feels so different to me compared to New52 Aquaman that I could argue their distinguished. I feel like a lot of New52 for Aquaman was to embrace his silver age roots, look/mythos and show that it could work. Rebirth is well the movie Aquaman as close as they could get away with.

I think another thing I’d like would be keeping the Superman/Wonder Woman romance on the 52 Earth just to appease the shippers, cause with the fact it’s not the main earth anymore and we have Superman/Lois stories going on I don’t see how it would hurt anything.

I am dizzy after read this.

I only payed attention in the last pages to how the past changed with the Justice Society existence and what the issue said about Bruce Wayne daughter(probably talking about Earth 2 helena return)

So. The Pre-Convergence world was divided in 2 worlds? The current Earth 0(that experienced the last years changes) and Earth 52(without last years changes)?

NO FOREVER EVIL for NO World's Finest happening. So. Unlike in Earth 0 Jessica Cruz is not a GREEN LANTERN in that Earth 52?
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-27-2019 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I am dizzy after read this.

So. The Pre-Convergence world was divided in 2 worlds? The Earth 0 and Earth 52?

NO FOREVER EVIL for NO World's Finest happening. So. Unlike in Earth 0 Jessica Cruz is not a GREEN LANTERN in that Earth 52?
    Again, that's how I would do it. All we know from DDC#12 is that “Earth 52 exists, and it's based on the New 52”.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

OK. Thanks

I am less expert in continuity things than old fans and I had more problems than others to understand it correctly.

And yes. You are right. After read all the content I forgot that you said that this:

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Here's how I'd handle it:
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-27-2019 at 06:57 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Grayson is still a secret agent, still written by Tom King and Tim Seeley at their best, Selina is still a mob boss, still written by Genevive Valentine, and the recently revived Robin Damian is written by Patrick Gleason who I hold as even better than Tomasi, Aquaman is still written by Geoff Johns, Stephanie continues at Spoiler, written by Dustin Nguyen. Swamp Thing doesn't end abruptly, still written by Charles Soule.

That's all I care about at the top of my head. The rest of the world kinda sucks. Barry's too young, Clark's too young, Diana's too young, Bruce's too young, Ollie's too young, Barbara's too young, all of those just feels wrong to me. It's like all of them are supposed to be written in a separate world to Dick Grayson, Roy Harper, and Jason Todd.

Selina's too young too, but she's not written young by Valentine, so that's fine. Red Hood's too chaotic to my taste, prefer the Rebirth one.

You know what I might as well rewrite the whole continuity the way they have the Justice League generation too young. Make it so we're only at the first or second Robin.

Does earth 52 still conserve the elements from Wildstorm and Vertigo? I think it should.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

I would drop Dc YOU stuff. It was partly messy.

Or just revert status quo.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

No Truth in the super-books. It was a dumb story and everyone hated it. I think it was done to deliberately sabotage New 52 Superman.
    Assassinate Putin!

All-New Member

have Clark still date Diana or Lana Lang...need more than one Earth where Superman and Lois aren't the It couple.

See this is hard because rebirth does include stuff from the New 52 so it’s a little hard where to declare where the divide in what sticks in the new universe. If I had to make a choice to make it easier I suppose I’d put the cutoff around convergence and before DCyou because that’s when the New 52 banner was still around. So Superman and Wonder Woman are still a thing, no one knows Superman’s identity/no Truth, but unfortunately that also means no Batgirl Burnside in this universe.

But if I have one thing I want to say...Teen Titans need a rework. At the very least they need a costume change.

Who should be around in this universe, hopefully they will be remembered. I’ll be honest I might base some of this in a Futures End sort of way.
    Justice League
    Justice League United
    Justice League Dark
    Shazam and His family
    Teen Titans(changed some)
    Grayson
    Green Lanterns run by Hal Jordan and John Stewart
    White Lantern Kyle Rayner
    Red Lanterns run by Guy Gardner
    Rookie Simon Baz
    Wallace West just beginning his powers and his career as Kid Flash
    Legion Lost still stuck in the present
    Earth 2 survivors from Worlds End can be allowed to come to this earth. This means Helena, Powergirl, Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, Val-Zod, Lois Lane Red Tornado, Fury, Hawkgirl, and etc. I liked them and it’d only be confusing to have an earth 2 separate to an already separate universe.
    Firestorm
    Frankenstein
    Deathstroke
    Mister Miracle and Big Barda
    The Batfamily(Blue Bird, Talon, Batwing are included with Damian, Tim, Barbra, Jason, Steph, and Cassie)
    ARGUS can still be a thing
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I don't even know tbh...

The characters I had interest in didn't exist or didn't have any significant appearances and honestly I wouldn't put them in because the interactions and history between characters were abysmal in this era. There was John but ehhh...

The developments I did like were cut off or discarded midway through the New 52 and it wouldn't make sense to continue this Earth halfway through. The 52 era imo would have to continue right after Darkseid War without the Rebirth elements.

I guess I would like to see Tanya Spears officially join the Superman family and have adventures or see a continuation of the JLI team that died off pretty early. John letting go of fatality and becoming happy would be nice but I'm pulling straws here.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 12-27-2019 at 09:25 PM.

I would definitely keep everything from Morrison’s Action run. I would also like to see Superman and Wonder Woman stay together on that earth. Since it is its own thing now, may as well keep that relationship.

Midnighter is still in the DCU.

I liked the Tee Shirt Superman so more of him, Aquaman 's title was solid

I enjoyed some of the DC You titles
    Grayson as Agent 37
    RSOB - where Gleason's planned 2&3 chapters as planned
    Gotham Academy
    We are Robin gang still patrolling [it can be set in time was on his travels which is now extended]
    Burnside Batgirl
    Batman both new 52 runs since One was young and the other was older.

Green Arrow
    Earth 2 though Helena now often finds herself on our now that she's aware of and has a relationship with her other family
    Batman inc can be headed up by Jason and Luke. Gotham Knights, Harper and The WAR kids now part of this. They also protect Blud since Dick is with Spyral

Midnighter and Apollo

Definitely a continuation of the adventures of their Superman and Wonder Woman, both together and solo. For Superman I'd cut it off at prior to Truth, as it was a mess. With the criteria set, realisitcally pre Final Days makes more sense, but Truth while not only bad, also screwed up the secret ID, and it'd be easier to put the cat back in the bag by just omitting it altogether. Mostly focus on continuing the spirit left by Morrison and Pak. And continue WW where she was right after Azz left. Everything that came after was a major disappointment and also featured a horrid reintro of Donna, so to the chopping block that goes too.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-28-2019 at 05:52 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El