Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Yeah, like Midnight v I was a little weirded out for a second, but once I thought about it I realized how perfect it was.

There must be some old school Golden Age character who could be used......maybe Sandra "Phantom Lady" Knight? I'm pretty sure she never re-married after divorcing.....whoever he was....Arn Munroe maybe?
    I really like the idea of his romantic interest being ... well... "some nobody" someone who we never encounter until the day comes that he's in morning. He's powerful enough that he can keep his signifigant other out of the lime light of
    superheroing completely.
    That, or he's married to the lady CEO of Oreos.
    That would be exceptionally brilliant.

Heteronormative
    I'm just gonna say no to the gay green guy shapeshifter thing. Not only is it in some weird way a cop out easy to make this guy gay he's completely inhuman to begin with... blah blah blah.

But also... MORE importantly... it feels like its an unoriginal idea stolen from dark horse's Black hammer series in which the parody of Jonn is indeed a homosexual or ... well whatever, I'm not even sure what the hell to call
    an interspecies creature with a male identity pretending to be human, pretending to be a secret identity, and its mating habits. Well more like sexual appetite. Not to mention hulkling.
    I don't wanna see Black Hammer being ripped off like that. They actually are telling that story right now. DC would be shady AF to pull that.
    Whatever happens would just be empty.

So yeah. Little Old nameless lady is my favorite pick. Followed by some big wig at oreo cookies.

Man. You know superhero wise. Fire would be a real winner actually. The playing with fire puns are endless.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Agreed. I mean, J'onn comes from a race of shape shifting telepaths. Their culture would have a very different concept of sexuality. Just the idea of "straight and gay" goes out the window when a individual can switch between them at will.
    Yeah, just look at Xavin from Runaways. He was a shapeshifter, as he was a Skrull. He fell in love with Karolina Dean. Just one problem - she's a lesbian. So he became a she.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Maybe Madame Xanadu ?

I think he would be with someone with telepathic powers as the idea of physical “sex” probably wouldn’t be enough for J’onn as intimacy would probably include some sort of deep psychic bonding between 2 persons as well.

BANNED

Telepathic powers... Maxima, the hot redhead who was horny with Superman, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    I think he would be with someone with telepathic powers as the idea of physical “sex” probably wouldn’t be enough for J’onn as intimacy would probably include some sort of deep psychic bonding between 2 persons as well.
    No one is going to mention M'gann M'orzz aka Miss Martian. They seemed to be quite the couple on TV's Supergirl until she went back to Mars.

To be fair, that version of Megan, like Kara herself, is older than in the comics. Comics Megan is a teenager, and their relationship is more like uncle/niece.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Talking about J´onn and M´gann´s relationship, I still remember in comics, Brightest Day hinted M´gann secretly being in love with J´onn and it felt so weird, I´m glad the never followed that path. (A Green Martian showed up, attacked M´gann and apparently read her mind, but not necessary this means Miss Martian actually in love with J´onn, this female Green Martian also thought she was pregnant of J´onn´s child after manipulating his mind)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I want to second the little old lady from JLU. J'onn in most iterations is supposed to be quite old (human wise, at least 100 if not in the hundreds), war weary (though still a hero), a widower, and probably appreciates someone in a similar mindset moreso than then a young person.

That, or he's married to the lady CEO of Oreos.
    Let's be honest here.
    It's not the lady.
    It's the oreos. That, there, is the OTP for J'onn.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-13-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    Telepathic powers... Maxima, the hot redhead who was horny with Superman, maybe?
    Huh, not a bad suggestion.

The question then becomes if J'onn is capable of reproducing with an Almeraci. Maxima's interest in Superman wasn't just personal, it was political. As Empress of Almerac, Maxima had a duty to provide as strong and capable an heir as possible to maintain the integrity and superiority of the ruling House. If I remember right the royal family focused a lot on genetic engineering and wanted to fuse powerful blood lines (which is where Maxima's powers come from). In a way its not unlike the Bene Gesserit from Frank Hubert's Dune. So for Maxima, if she can't have J'onn's baby and add his abilities to the bloodline, it's a no-deal.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

J'onn should be out scoring with anything that walks, crawls, flies, swims or brachiates.

Astonishing Member

Batman of course

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Count me among those who is fine with J'onn dating, well, any consenting adult for pretty much the reasons stated previously. Martian connections are deeply personal and I feel that while perhaps he may very well only be attracted to women, I can fully see that not being a hangup for him as well. He's a shapeshifting telepath. Everything we understand about relationships is probably primitive to him. Though he's always been presented as heterosexual, I can completely buy him as pan. There are some characters I admit I just don't see a different orientation than what's traditionally presented with them, but J'onn isn't one.

I've seen (classic) Maxima suggested and my only real objection there would be that I really can't say J'onn would like her very much. She's warlike and looking to assimilate his powers into her race to further their conquest. She's also dead, but Rebirth could have given her the Kord^TM new lease on life, so here's to hoping she's toned that down a bit. As good a pick as any.

Not Kendra, though. Even if it could have worked, the current execution has felt so forced and dry that I've moved to actively disliking them. There's less chemistry going on between those two than in a puritan textbook.
    Last edited by Robanker; 01-13-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Long time since I read the John Ostrander solo series...so given my wonky memory...best not to relie too much on what I’m about to write.

I thought early on in that series he used to spend time in Italy living in cat form, in house of a middle aged Italian lady, and it appeared he enjoyed lying on her lap being petted.

At the time I think my reaction was “Weird, but also very interesting”.

Retired

Does MM's ability to regenerate (from almost nothing) allow him to split off a part of himself and have that become a separate entity? I think that would be his "girlfriend" when he was wanting the experience.