Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default House Of Almerac: Maxima Appreciation 2020

The fiery headed Monarch came to Earth to make Superman her mate. After having her advances rejected countless times she has been both friend and enemy to the mighty Superman. A fierce warrior yet a loving queen Maxima's motives were always for the betterment of her people, the proud citizens of Almerac. Sadly, she would meet her demise defending the planet Earth after her ship exploded from the destructive beams of Brainiac 13's warworld.

Re-imagined in the New 52 as the heir to her throne, Maxima set off to the Crucible Academy to hone her skills much to the dismay of her family and is currently good friends with Supergirl.

Pre New-52 Stats.
    Height: 6' 2"
    Weight: 140 lbs (64 kg)
    Eyes: Brown
    Hair: Red
    Citizenship: Almeracian
    Place of Birth: Almerac

maxima1.jpg

Pre New52 Powerset.
    Being descended from the Blood Royal of Almerac, Maxima was the most powerful being on her planet. Her immense powers were attributed to generations of selective breeding and gene therapy.
    Her vast powerset included:

Superstrength-Under normal conditions, allowed her to hurt superman himself in combat.

Enhanced Stamina-Maxima was able to continue fighting on nothing but sheer willpower.

Superspeed-Maxima was able to catch up with Kyle Rayner and Superman who were doing a quick run around the solar system. She was also able to observe Jay Garrick as he fought at superspeed

Teleportation- She could teleport people or objects over interstellar distances with a thought.

Forcefields- Her forcefields were powerful enough to keep PowerGirl at bay.

Ferrokinesis-She had complete control over metals on the molecular level.

Matter Manipulation-She had control over inorganic materials. Her costumes were a combination of this power and her control over metals.

Optical Force Beams-Maxima could fire her molecular telekinesis out of her eyes or emulate searing heat vision.

Almeracian Mindbolts-Maxima was able to harness her telepathy to fire off deadly bolts of psychic energy which could bypass the telepathic immunity granted by the motherbox. This particular application was so feared that another species had to create technology specifically for it.

Telepathy-Maxima was an extraordinarily powerful telepath.

Empathy-Maxima's empathy was enhanced to the point that she could literally hear emotions. She used this tactic when she came into contact with a mind that lacks coherent thought.

Hypnotic Gaze- Maxima could leave her foes paralyzed with nothing but a stare if they looked into her eyes.

Suspended Animation-Maxima could suspend her vital functions temporarily to appear dead. A tactic which she used against Superman so she could use her Hypnotic gaze on him.

Invulnerability-Being an Almeracian, Maxima was impervious to most types of harm. If her normal durability wasn't enough, she could channel her telekinesis inwards to boost it.

Duplication-Maxima could create doubles that were slightly less powerful than she was, and as Superman noted, more restrained. These doubles were mere vessels for her consciousness.

Flight-By applying her telekinesis for flight she was able to hit speeds of escape velocity.

Telekinesis-Maxima's telekinesis was extremely powerful. Powerful enough to fix her world by closing fissures as it was dying. She also began overloading Captain Atom with this power who noted himself that her energy would cause him to leap through time if she didn't stop. She also carried her people over interstellar distances by creating a highway of psionic energy.

New 52 Maxima.

new52maxima.jpg

History- Heir to the throne of the planet Almerac

Height-Unknown

Weight-Unknown

Age-Unknown, presumably she is within the age range of Supergirl

Haircolor-♡

Eye color-♡

Skin- Maxima appears to be oddly colored, somewhere along the lines of orange,red or pink, more of a sunset looking skin tone.

Powers:

Superstrength- Maxima was able to trade blows with Supergirl in their first encounter. Managing to knock her into the air with a single blow,indicating that she is indeed within the Class 100 range. It should be noted that at this point she was stated to only be using a fraction of her full power.

Superhuman Durability- Maxima is able to survive blows from Supergirl. She was also able to withstand heat "hotter than the lava lakes of Krypton" where Kara could not.

Teleportation- Maxima is able to open portals to teleport herself and others over lightyears distance .

Telekinesis- Maxima is able to create glowing purple telekinetic daggers which she can throw with deadly accuracy.A tactic she used to kill Rendll, a former student of crucible by puncturing her neck with a single throw and finally kicking it fully through her neck to finish their battle.

Flight- Maxima is able to fly. Whether this is an application of her telepathy or some other power remains unknown.

Energy weapon constructs- New 52 (and Rebirth) Maxima has displayed the ability to generate glowing daggers of unknown energy. It is implied that these daggers are strong enough to pierce kryptonian flesh.

First New 52 Appearance : Supergirl #36. November,19th,2014. Maxima made her new 52 debut after being gone for a lengthy thirteen years.

Maxima is currently set to team up with wonder woman in Wonder Woman #754

Wonder-Woman-754-B-300x456.jpg

WONDER WOMAN #754
    written by STEVE ORLANDO
    art by V KEN MARION
    cover by ROBSON ROCHA and DANNY MIKI
    card stock variant cover by RAFAEL GRAMPÁ

Just when she thought her troubles were over, Wonder Woman is thrust into a new adventure that takes her out of this world! Princess Maxima, the former ruler of the planet Almerac, has crash-landed on our hero’s doorstep and is desperate for her help. Maxima’s people are victims of a vicious lie, and only the truth she’s discovered will set them free. With Wonder Woman by her side, can she retake her throne and bring back the planet’s peaceful matriarchal society? Back on Earth, there is no peace…only Warmaster! The vengeful villainess has obtained a weapon of mass destruction that can wipe out the Amazons for good!
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 01-12-2020 at 05:49 PM.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Wow, I did not realize that Maxima was that powerful! Nice summary of all of her amazing abilities.

Is Maxima currently in any books?

No, not until WW 754.

The last time she showed up was.....I think Supergirl last year, where they said that "Maxima" was a title and not a name, thus trying to fit both pre-52 and post-52 Maximas into the timeline somehow.

Anyway, I love Max! She's always fun and I love characters that aren't clearly on either side of the "hero-villain" axis. Maxima and Almerac and just her whole deal has a very "Game of Thrones meets Star Wars" vibe I find really appealing, and I wish someone would come in and develop the empire, royal family, etc. Clark has his own corner of cosmic DC to work with, and like the 5th dimension and Phantom Zone, it's painfully undervalued and utilized.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I guess the closest Marvel equivalent character would be Sentry?

Would Jean Grey or Moondragon be mental eqivalents?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I too am a fan, though I need to read her Rebirth reintroduction. I like the idea that Maxima is indeed a title and the current Max is the original's daughter following a rebirth retcon of her death.

It'd make for an interesting parallel to Clark who also is a parent now, but where as he's trying to help his son live the life he wants, Maxima is pushing her daughter to follow in her footsteps.

Allows everyone to have their cake and eat it, so to speak. Probably not going to happen, but either way, she's always been pretty cool.
    Last edited by Robanker; 01-13-2020 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Phones hate English

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Man, Steve Orlando is so good with polishing characters like her, thanks for the heads up
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I too am a fan, though I need to read her Rebirth reintroduction. I like he idea that Maxima is indeed a title and the current Max is the original's daughter following a rebirth retcon if her death.

It'd make for an interesting parallel to Clark who also is a parent now, but where as he's trying to help his son live the life he wants, Maxima is pushing her daughter to follow in her footsteps.

Let's everyone have their cake and eat it, so to speak. Probably not going to happen, but either way, she's always been pretty cool.
    I wouldnt be surprised if it plays out along those lines, actually. Maybe not in WW 754, but whenever Maxima returns to the Super books.

This wouldn't just be a matter of Empress Maxima disapproving of her daughter's sexuality (which makes her the bad guy by default), this would be a matter of national security. The empire is going to need an heir to the throne to ensure the stability of Almerac and prevent a succession war. Empress Maxima might not care at all whether her daughter is gay, but we know for a fact she will go to extreme lengths to protect Almerac and its interests. And she'd likely expect her daughter and heir to do the same as the next Empress. So does Maxima the Younger bow before the demands of duty and, when she wears the crown, provide an heir to keep Almerac stable, or does she get to follow her heart? Is there a way for her to do both? That's potentially some really good storytelling.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I remember her from Superman: The Animated Series

I'd love to know how the courtship went between Maxima & Lobo.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-15-2020 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I remember her from Superman: The Animated Series...

I'd love to know how the courtship went between Maxima & Lobo.
    Oh, I fully imagine Lobo's awful in the sack because he's a joke character about machismo. Someone of Maxima's strength he probably couldn't kill to silence, but I imagine she'd keep the lid on it if only because she'd be ashamed she ever went as low as Lobo. I could totally see a disillusioned Maxima giving Lobo this look across a table.

That's if anything ever came of it, which I doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I guess the closest Marvel equivalent character would be Sentry?

Would Jean Grey or Moondragon be mental eqivalents?
    Unfortunately she was written a lot like Jean when she switched to hero status. All her powers got lumped into telekinesis when previously she had several separate superpowers as a product of royal breeding.

It will be interesting to see what the new take on her

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I hope the Maxima in the upcoming WW issue is Pre-Crises Maxima but looking at the costume says otherwise. Can't stand New 52 Maxima. I miss my overpowered goddess.

Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 01-15-2020 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I hope the Maxima in the upcoming WW issue is Pre-Crises Maxima but looking at the costume says otherwise. Can't stand New 52 Maxima. I miss my overpowered goddess.

I think the only way we're getting OG Maxima back is if DC commits to what was brought up in Superwoman (if memory serves, it may have been Supergirl though) that Maxima is a title, ergo there are more than one.

In that case, she may return. I proposed she's the new one's mother. I miss her too, though I can appreciate new Maxima too.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think the only way we're getting OG Maxima back is if DC commits to what was brought up in Superwoman (if memory serves, it may have been Supergirl though) that Maxima is a title, ergo there are more than one.

In that case, she may return. I proposed she's the new one's mother. I miss her too, though I can appreciate new Maxima too.
    It seems Almerac gets it leadership by whoever best the current leader.

I don't know about it these days, but if I remember right the original take on Almerac is that there were a number of Royal families, and each could challenge the ruling family for the throne, which is why the royal family went so deep into genetic engineering and grafting super powers into the family line. Plus, assassination was common so if a ruler wanted to survive the other royal families (or their own siblings) they had to be powerful enough to defeat hired killers.

It is very much "might makes right" and Almerac was a pretty raw, bloodthirsty place. If I remember right, a potential king also had to defeat (or at least impress) the Empress in combat.

Kind of like the worst elements of the Roman empire; with the gladiator style events mixed into most levels of society, including and especially the throne.

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

I really miss the goddess redhead Maxima pre-Crisis, hate to Maxima New 52!, she isn´t Maxima and never will