Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    I really miss the goddess redhead Maxima pre-Crisis, hate to Maxima New 52!, she isnīt Maxima and never will
    While I too prefer the original Maxima, my biggest complaint with New 52 is that I don't much love her design. It's fine, I guess, but it's missing something.

I can take a guess given your post history, but what about the New 52 take bothers you?

BANNED

Legacy, families, friendships and relationships all dead, many superficial and edgy stories, etc etc.

Legacy, families, friendships and relationships all dead, many superficial and edgy stories, etc etc.
    She was in one arc of Supergirl and like an issue of Superwoman that I know of and neither of them were edgy on the slightest.

Did I miss something?

People share the same name all the time, especially in royal families. There can be more than one Maxima.

BANNED

Mostly of what you said were on Rebirth, thatīs not New 52! (not edgy, but still pretty lame stories)

Mostly of what you said were on Rebirth, thatīs not New 52! (not edgy, but still pretty lame stories)
    The Supergirl arc was New 52. I listed an arc of several issues and one Rebirth issue, so no, it's not mostly Rebirth. You're factually wrong here.

I will say that the costume the pretender Maxima was wearing in Rebirth was great. Good way to update her costume to get rid of the belly window while still looking like Max.
    Last edited by Robanker; 01-19-2020 at 08:40 PM.

I really miss the goddess redhead Maxima pre-Crisis, hate to Maxima New 52!, she isnīt Maxima and never will
    Not exactly "hate" but more like dislike for the new52 Maxima, or as I would call, Minimax. I prefer the more agressive, Namor like attittude from the OC
    queen.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

89676.jpg

One of the best Superman stories ever! Hail Queen Maxima!!

(This needs a movie/animated movie adaptation ASAP)
    Last edited by the COMET; 01-20-2020 at 10:49 AM.

Petition to call the second Maxima "Minima".

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Petition to call the second Maxima "Minima".
    This made me chuckle
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Maxima is showing up in the next issue of Wonder Woman #754. She appeared in the last page of #753

RCO021_1583949163.jpg

Love the New 52 design but they really gotta fix this mess of a hairdo
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    I'm hoping Maxima get some kind of power other than Energy Daggers

Not to sound “anti-woke”, but I didn’t like the portrayal of Maxima in the recent issue of Wonder Woman. Maxima, to me, has always been into men. From trying to get Superman to her hooking up with Amazing Man to finally being with Massacre, she has always been as straight as an arrow. I found it hard to believe she would just change. Seemed forced to me.

Her orientation was switched in the New52 reboot. Since it was a fresh continuity I kinda give it a free pass. It's a huge deviation, but it wasn't breaking actual continuity since everything beforehand no longer counted.

I agree though; Maxima's always been very, very firmly established as straight and her search for a partner who could provide a worthy heir is practically her entire character. I think she even expressed some anti-gay opinions in Justice League once (and got called out on it by Wonder Woman or somebody).

Now, if DC ran with the idea that the New52 Maxima, who was much younger than the original one, was the daughter of the Maxima who chased Superman, that solves the issue and provides some solid narrative soil.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.