Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Superman should be the father, give him a "Damian".
    I agree but how do we make that happen? It would have to be in a time before Clark hooks up with Lois.and the child will most likely be older than Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I agree but how do we make that happen? It would have to be in a time before Clark hooks up with Lois.and the child will most likely be older than Jon.
    I think the easiest way to make that retcon would be to say that when Maxima first showed up on earth chasing Clark, she seduced him into a one night stand. If memory serves she showed up before Clark and Lois were dating so there's no issue with cheating. There's still some fans who don't like the idea of Clark having sex before marriage and really dislike the idea of him having casual sex but that sort of thing has become socially accepted in most circles (so long as its consensual obvi) and those fans will just have to deal with it.

Max stayed on earth for quite a while even after giving up on Clark, and worked with the League for a while too. Just say that she was pregnant and didn't want to risk space travel while in that condition. Maybe her people don't even get the baby bump or the usual signs of pregnancy, so nobody realized that she was fighting the Extremists while knocked up. Perhaps she originally planned on using the baby to convince Clark to return to Almerac with her....but by the time she gives birth, working with the League has changed her perspective and she decides not to tell him. And her main drive wasn't to "get a man" but to ensure the longevity of her House and the stability of the throne, so she's got the heir she wanted anyway. This could even help inform her brief relationship with Amazing Man in Extreme Justice; she liked him and her unborn child needed a father and if Clark wouldn't take her....maybe Will Everett would.

After her stint in the League Maxima returned home where she presumably raised her child to become the next queen. The times she's returned since then has often seen her regress to her original motivation, which could be spun as her deciding that the baby needs its father, which is likely a very un-Almeraci way of thinking and, in her culture, a sign of weakness. And her pride won't allow her to straight up tell Clark about his child or that she needs help raising it, so she tries, again, to "win" him over with the intention of revealing their child once they return to Almerac. Which never happens, but explains the times when she's come back to earth, seemingly leaving all her character development behind.

All of which would mean that the baby would have been born several years before Jon, before Clark and Lois became a couple, and other than Clark sleeping with an alien empress he barely knew there's no lines being crossed or unacceptable behavior on Clark's part, and given Maxima's history this doesn't really make her much worse a person either (she's not exactly a portrait of purity to begin with). I think only the most regressive puritan would hold that against Clark; there's not many women who can keep up with him (if you get my meaning) and a beautiful, exotic gal like Maxima who's willing and able would be hard for any single young man to refuse. And Maxima gets a little added dimension and depth added to her, and her actions post-League get a little clarification; it stops being a loss of character development and becomes the struggle of a single mother caught between wanting her baby daddy involved but struggling because she knows he'll have some very different (in her mind detrimental) ideas about parenthood.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think the easiest way to make that retcon would be to say that when Maxima first showed up on earth chasing Clark, she seduced him into a one night stand. If memory serves she showed up before Clark and Lois were dating so there's no issue with cheating. There's still some fans who don't like the idea of Clark having sex before marriage and really dislike the idea of him having casual sex but that sort of thing has become socially accepted in most circles (so long as its consensual obvi) and those fans will just have to deal with it.

Max stayed on earth for quite a while even after giving up on Clark, and worked with the League for a while too. Just say that she was pregnant and didn't want to risk space travel while in that condition. Maybe her people don't even get the baby bump or the usual signs of pregnancy, so nobody realized that she was fighting the Extremists while knocked up. Perhaps she originally planned on using the baby to convince Clark to return to Almerac with her....but by the time she gives birth, working with the League has changed her perspective and she decides not to tell him. And her main drive wasn't to "get a man" but to ensure the longevity of her House and the stability of the throne, so she's got the heir she wanted anyway. This could even help inform her brief relationship with Amazing Man in Extreme Justice; she liked him and her unborn child needed a father and if Clark wouldn't take her....maybe Will Everett would.

After her stint in the League Maxima returned home where she presumably raised her child to become the next queen. The times she's returned since then has often seen her regress to her original motivation, which could be spun as her deciding that the baby needs its father, which is likely a very un-Almeraci way of thinking and, in her culture, a sign of weakness. And her pride won't allow her to straight up tell Clark about his child or that she needs help raising it, so she tries, again, to "win" him over with the intention of revealing their child once they return to Almerac. Which never happens, but explains the times when she's come back to earth, seemingly leaving all her character development behind.

All of which would mean that the baby would have been born several years before Jon, before Clark and Lois became a couple, and other than Clark sleeping with an alien empress he barely knew there's no lines being crossed or unacceptable behavior on Clark's part, and given Maxima's history this doesn't really make her much worse a person either (she's not exactly a portrait of purity to begin with). I think only the most regressive puritan would hold that against Clark; there's not many women who can keep up with him (if you get my meaning) and a beautiful, exotic gal like Maxima who's willing and able would be hard for any single young man to refuse. And Maxima gets a little added dimension and depth added to her, and her actions post-League get a little clarification; it stops being a loss of character development and becomes the struggle of a single mother caught between wanting her baby daddy involved but struggling because she knows he'll have some very different (in her mind detrimental) ideas about parenthood.
    Well, I posted on the page before (which is below) Maxima has always been stated to be firstborn of the royal family. She also said everyone in the royal family, who has many powers has a title in Extreme Justice. Post Crisis Maxima's title was "Maxima". The new 52 Maxima is probably just another royal family member. As the OG maxima also showed up in Rebirth in the Superwoman issue to take back the name Maxima from the younger one.

Upon my research, I found out that the OG Maxima never died

Jla/avengers issue #4 which canon by Marvel and DC. Maxima appeared in the last issue fighting

Superman/Batman #41 Highfather showed Superman his life which evolved Maxima suggesting she was alive

The Multiversity: Ultra Comics #1 shows that Post Crisis Utraa was banished to another time planets aways. He said it was his mission to get back to Maxima. Which means she was still alive.

When she "died" in world's apart series the only theory could be

1. She transferred her consciousness into one of her clones quickly
    2. She teleported out the blast
    3. The "maxima" that died was a clone.

Since N52 was going rebirth basically Post Crisis. That means it would be two Maxima's in the continuum. Which is why they arrested the OG Maxima to develop the new Maxima from what I took from it

I would do something similar, with a few differences.

Instead of one night stand, Clark and Maxima would actually date for a while.
    When she found out she was pregnant and Clark wouldn't go back to Almerac she decided not to tell him about the baby, she wanted to raise her to be the next empress of the Almerac empire and she should be educated on the Almerac ways and Clark humanistic views would get on the way of that.
    But she never lied to her daughter about who her father was, so the girl grow up hearing about Superman and wanting to know him, until someday she stolen a cruise ship and came to Earth. Maxima comes after her, but then Clark already know about his daughter. Cosmic custody battle.

I feel obliged to point there is a Third Maxima around: Is the one appearing in Grant Morrison's The Green Lantern since sometime already and as member of the collective know as the Superwatch (like a modern era Legion of Super-heroes but with all the silver age kalelogues as members).

7466951-00_max_1.jpg

Is she the OG? Is the n52 teenager? Or is a new reworked version than erase the two previous iterations? I would not be displeased if that happens, if the new version is more close to the original than the New52. Visually seems to share elements from both previous iterations of the character so there is no clear clua about her identity. With Morrison, and you know with Morrison anything could happen.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I feel obliged to point there is a Third Maxima around: Is the one appearing in Grant Morrison's The Green Lantern since sometime already and as member of the collective know as the Superwatch (like a modern era Legion of Super-heroes but with all the silver age kalelogues as members).

7466951-00_max_1.jpg

Is she the OG? Is the n52 teenager? Or is a new reworked version than erase the two previous iterations? I would not be displeased if that happens, if the new version is more close to the original than the New52. Visually seems to share elements from both previous iterations of the character so there is no clear clua about her identity. With Morrison, and you know with Morrison anything could happen.
    I think that is the New 52 Maxima. I guess because she is lesbian he decided to give her a mohawk.

But the only Maxima's that exist are
    The N52/Rebirth

c13653f9b6c8058f12da80bf94662f79.jpg

Post Crisis/Rebirth
    06810e0d4d9c6a2c298c5ad6a6d98007be28f940r1-315-366v2_00.jpg

I think Clark might not take the news well if Maxima hides soemthing like this from him. Can you image the kid dropping by at aren't family dinner?

No, Clark would not take the news well at all. Neither would Lois.

I feel like Jon would be excited about having an older sibling though.

And with Conner....maybe you could pull a troupe from the fantasy genre and have him go on a few dates with Maxima's kid.....before finding out it's (basically) his half-sister. Not a troupe I'd be itching to pull the trigger on but it feels like the kind of assbackwards relationship foolishness Conner would get into. He's got a knack for making some really questionable dating choices (Knockout, Tana Moon, etc).

But gods I really dislike the notion of Clark having kids.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I don't mind since it serves as a natural progression for Clark. I just do not like how we got here. But that Conner thing sounded funny. I can imagine him coping that he almost missed his sister.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I like Jon, but I hate the idea of Clark having a kid with Maxima.

I still think classic Maxima being her mother who has abdicated the title to her daughter and is conflicted about her daughter's sexuality is the best way to handle her old mission and keep both.

I don't like Jon.so I'm ok with this.might make things more dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I like Jon, but I hate the idea of Clark having a kid with Maxima.

I still think classic Maxima being her mother who has abdicated the title to her daughter and is conflicted about her daughter's sexuality is the best way to handle her old mission and keep both.
    I agree. The idea of Maxima and Clark having a kid *can* create some solid drama and be done in a way that doesn't damage anyone's character. But it's not something I'd really *want* to see either. I want Clark to have fewer kids, not more.

New52/young Maxima being the daughter of the post-Crisis/original, and the family drama surrounding Max the Younger's sexuality and the stresses that'd put on the throne, however, is exactly the kind of "Star Wars meets Game of Thrones" storytelling I want to see out of Almerac.

The only hangup I have is....who is Max the Younger's father? Some random dude? A consort who is dead or exiled? And if Maxima's had a daughter for the last 15-17 years, then why did she have to go hunting for a new consort to ensure the throne's stability and the succession? Easiest/laziest answer I have is that Max the Younger's sexuality was seen as a problem by Almeraci society and she wasn't considered fit for the throne (which would also help explain her being sent off to that "cosmic superhero school" in New52 Supergirl), but that seems like such a obvious approach I don't think it'd make for a rewarding reading experience.

~ Black Panther.

I wonder how a Maxima and Supes kid would be...

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I agree. The idea of Maxima and Clark having a kid *can* create some solid drama and be done in a way that doesn't damage anyone's character. But it's not something I'd really *want* to see either. I want Clark to have fewer kids, not more.

New52/young Maxima being the daughter of the post-Crisis/original, and the family drama surrounding Max the Younger's sexuality and the stresses that'd put on the throne, however, is exactly the kind of "Star Wars meets Game of Thrones" storytelling I want to see out of Almerac.

The only hangup I have is....who is Max the Younger's father? Some random dude? A consort who is dead or exiled? And if Maxima's had a daughter for the last 15-17 years, then why did she have to go hunting for a new consort to ensure the throne's stability and the succession? Easiest/laziest answer I have is that Max the Younger's sexuality was seen as a problem by Almeraci society and she wasn't considered fit for the throne (which would also help explain her being sent off to that "cosmic superhero school" in New52 Supergirl), but that seems like such a obvious approach I don't think it'd make for a rewarding reading experience.
    Oh you could totally have him be someone Maximom settled for and she can either be satisfied with him or full on Patsy Cline's "Why Can't He Be You?" Honestly, Max's desire for Clark was more the fantasy she built up for him rather than who he ever was and I see no reason why that shouldn't extend to her consort. It plays into the relationship drama with her daughter we've proposed insofar as she's not fulfilling the path Maximom set for her. Dealing with her daughter's sexuality and changing the traditions of Almerac would be the level of paradigm shift required to actually get Maximom to question if she's wrong. Hell, maybe like Carol she leaves her consort because she pines for Clark or just to be single again and then Consort gets mad as hell and goes to take out his frustrations on Clark or something to drag him into it, and then Clark and he punch up and then talk it out and become bros. Just have everyone in Almerac start off in a bad spot and then develop and move into healthier places.

You can do a lot with it, frankly. Almerac is untapped potential and DC Cosmic can use some non-GL exploration.

Oh Almerac is definitely one of the three most underused concepts in Super lore. The Zone, the 5th dimension, and Almerac rank at the top of my list with Almerac being the least developed and explored.

~ Black Panther.