Magneto
    (X-Men film series)

vs.

Lord Voldemort
    (Harry Potter film series)

-Rules-

* Fight takes place at the London Eye.
    * Voldemort has the Elder Wand.
    * Composite Magneto (McKellen/Fassbender feats apply)

Who wins?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

My money is on Mags: he can just do many more things at once. He can rip up a piece of metal to use as a shield against Voldy's spells, while also sending hundreds of other shards of metal around as missile weapons to shred the dude. It won't be a permanent kill, but it's worth a 10 count.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

All-New Member

If Voldemort is bloodlusted, there's no PIS, no CIS, then he turns into black smoke or intagible some other way at the bell and fills the place with fiendfyre. He could do whatever he wants to do and there's nothing Magneto could do to stop him.

Now, sure, if plot and character induced stupidity are on... eh, who knows. He'll probably ask Magneto to hold Nagini and stand in front of large metal objects.

Harry Potter magic is outrageously powerful. One competent witch or wizard could conquer the world if they wanted to (interference from other witches or wizards not withstanding), but everything in the books and movies comes down to slinging stun or death bolts depending on if you're a good or bad guy.
    Last edited by Cantget; 01-13-2020 at 05:01 AM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cantget View Post
    If Voldemort is bloodlusted, there's no PIS, no CIS, then he turns into black smoke or intagible some other way at the bell and fills the place with fiendfyre. He could do whatever he wants to do and there's nothing Magneto could do to stop him.

Now, sure, if plot and character induced stupidity are on... eh, who knows. He'll probably ask Magneto to hold Nagini and stand in front of large metal objects.

Harry Potter magic is outrageously powerful. One competent witch or wizard could conquer the world if they wanted to (interference from other witches or wizards not withstanding), but everything in the books and movies comes down to slinging stun or death bolts depending on if you're a good or bad guy.
    He has no feats for going intangible. He has to draw a wand to do anything of merit. He has no feats for casting offensive spells as smoke or as a ghost or anything else. And he can cast one effective spell at a time.

Mags has feats for distinctly manipulating literally hundreds of things individually and precisely at a time. And power feats WAAYYYYYY beyond anything in HP. Yeah, he'd die to an Avada Kadavra, but those spells need to make contact, and they can absolutely be blocked by physical objects - Harry hides behind things for that, and Dumbledore blocks them with physical objects. Mags has much better feats for managing matter then Dumbledore.

If Voldy had prep, he'd be able to use spells to confuse muggles and such, but he doesn't.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

This just feels like a quick draw. Voldy's speed is constrained by how quickly he can his wand and/or cast. Mags is constrained by how quickly he can move a piece of shrapnel into Voldy. Given Magneto yanking metal from across the planet, that seems to be pretty fast.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Transfiguration traditionally has never required a bolt for spell contact that I recall.

That's in the books at least but I also don't recall a wizard needing a bolt to do it in the films either, it was all a flick-of-the-wrist type thing.

Could be a double K.O?

Also, does the Fassbender part of this composite gets his post-apocalypse upgrade feats? That does make him kind of a different animal.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    He has no feats for going intangible. He has to draw a wand to do anything of merit. He has no feats for casting offensive spells as smoke or as a ghost or anything else.
    Why wouldn't the smoke form be (close enough to) intagible? And we have feats for normal Death Eaters casting spells and destroying things while in the form.

https://youtu.be/0lsjZaRuZaE
    Last edited by Cantget; 01-13-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Movie Voldemort has that silly telekinesis feat that should be more than enough to kill Magneto, so it's basically a quickdraw between Magneto sending a piece of metal into his skull and Magneto getting crushed by telekinesis.

I'd tend to give the nod to Voldemort due to not needing a projectile to reach his opponent, but depending on whether or not whatever Magneto throws at him stops moving before it reaches him it might be that they both die.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Movie Voldemort has that silly telekinesis feat that should be more than enough to kill Magneto, so it's basically a quickdraw between Magneto sending a piece of metal into his skull and Magneto getting crushed by telekinesis.

I'd tend to give the nod to Voldemort due to not needing a projectile to reach his opponent, but depending on whether or not whatever Magneto throws at him stops moving before it reaches him it might be that they both die.
    Which TL feat are you referring to? I'm drawing a blank.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Which TL feat are you referring to? I'm drawing a blank.
    https://youtu.be/Dkxx0pKgkN4?t=188

I blame you not at all for drawing a blank because it goes by very fast and is very silly, but the range and power required to do that is more than enough to kill someone.

^ I'm not sure which part of that clip is telekinesis.

All-New Member

I presume crushing the high voltage electric towers.