Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    At its core yes, Marvel does play like DC in some aspects. .
    Yes.

Sadly I think the real marvel is now lost forever. Kevin Feige is now in charge of their comics , cartoons and TV department. the branding continues. I think its a big loss for marvel fans. We don't need any of this stuff to be connected. In the early 2000s, I could watch X2, X-Men Evolution, play X-Men legends and read xmen comics and enjoy my self, This was the same for DC, I played the Batman Arkram Games, watched the Batman film reboot by Nolan, Watch Batman Animated Movies and read Batman comics. All were different takes of the same one IPs that had no ties with the other. It strengthened the mythology of the IPs.

Nolan didn't care about using any Batman love interest from the comics, when he created Rachel Dawes, she has never appeared in the comics either. what marvel does today is the complete opposite, they were willing to bankrupt their own comics just too give Captain Marvel a big push in movies.

In 2020 every Marvel IPs must now have a link to this MCU stuff. it is more about branding. its almost irritating to the point of cynical and letting Feige now take charge of everything is just the worst, its creative bankruptcy.

Both companies didn't have the all their character storylines as interwoven as much as they are depicted in film.
    Yes.
    The main criticism of MCU Spiderman is that he is too obsessed with Avengers. It has outrage many Spiderman fans. On the Spiderman forum. someone started a thread that spiderman needing the avenges was insulting or disgusting. Again, as said, MCU is not interested in adapting marvel stories, they are selling the cinematic brand. what they don't realise is, it is causing a lot of problems from their characters.

Sometimes I cannot get through the X forum because the mcu fans there are more concerned about Storm showing up in black Panther 2 and black widow recruiting new mutants than the concept of mutants itself, which by the way is an independent marvel thought, its just do darm sad, that is what marvel has become today. when the new mutants trailer came out, some declared, the movie can only be interesting if it is tied to the MCU. wtf????:eek I never even wanted the film to be tied to the main xmen film series talk less of the MCU.

Marvel can be anything they want because their characters outside of Spiderman and some X-Men aren't well known so people don't have an expectation on how they should be
    100% correct.
    Why Marvel Disney has gotten away with so much is that apart from spiderman and xmen and perhaps F4, no one knew what the other characters were so it was easy to disney-ify them and people will just accept with no questions and yes, the cinematic universe is a powerful attraction, most powerful than I expected it to be.
    which is an advantage that Marvel has had in films that DC will never have.
    its no longer an advantage, I don't think it ever was, I just think the access media played bias for so long in telling us how to think. they were in over their heads, DC is in a much better place, with what they have done with Joker and now Batman reboot, the upcoming Green Lantern HBO show, also we are hearing news of a new Batman game, their cartoons department continues to thrive, they have a solid DCTV universe on the CW with their own different fanbase, wonder woman and aqua man will carry on with the DCEU. Marvel on the other hand is now all about Kevin Feige and his MCU stuff which is beyond limited.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-16-2020 at 02:32 AM.

I think the discussion has veered too much to on debates about the MCU, DC's Snyder problems, and other things, than what the actual future impact on the genre will be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think the discussion has veered too much to on debates about the MCU, DC's Snyder problems, and other things, than what the actual future impact on the genre will be.
    I think it really depends on how these next phases play out for both. DC has tried some interesting things and the Pattinson Batman seems to be another new approach, so I think it's hard to say until we see what gets built. For DC, they have to establish a baseline of quality you can expect. Joker was entertaining, but if we're being honest, it didn't have to be DC's Joker. You could take all the DC references out and it would make zero difference on the story. So on movies that are more within the genre, we have to see if DC is more Aquaman or Wonder Woman. Will the feel of each movie be very different? Connected? It's just hard to predict. Even Birds of Prey basically takes the "we're starting over" approach to a degree. So we just don't know enough to say what future impacts will be.

For Marvel the question is if they keep expanding - and they are - and they have told this great story already. Can they follow it up? Does it get stale?

I guess I can't answer those questions yet. So far? Marvel has put comic book movies to the top of the box office. They are some of hte most well known characters on the planet. They have elevated obscurity to prominence. DC, at least in the movie area, has failed to make much of an impact at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Thank you!
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)