Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Coincidentally, 6'2" Is the most common height for Superman actors as well as Batman actors, though the majority of those are voice actors.

And 6'4" Is the height of the tallest actors to portray both characters too
    ^^^
    Casper Van Dien is the shortest actor to play Tarzan, at 5’10”.

On topic though, i’ve gone by the old DC Who’s Who (and Marvel Universe Handbook) ever since I was a kid, so i’d say check those out, and you’d be GTG.

BANNED

John and Barry are also supposed to be 6'1 and 6'0 respectively.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 01-13-2020 at 08:38 PM.

BANNED

Use the who whos or secret files. Or Dc wikia.

Extraordinary Member

There is also not really one good source for the stats, most have some really wired outliers.

The Ultimate Character Guide had for example Damian being taller then Jon Kent, even if in the comics Jon is taller.

You can see several pages from the Ultimate Character Guide on Amazon. It lists Joker as only 6', while Wonder Woman is at 6'2". (She is an Amazon, but it seems like she'd tower over Superman in her heels.)

I've always enjoyed reading the "official" heights and weights because they can seem so crazy. They often claim Tim Drake is really tiny -- 5'5" and 125 pounds or 5'7" and 135. Conner, on the other hand, will be listed at 5'7 and 150, even when it's the very bulky T-shirt version.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    You can see several pages from the Ultimate Character Guide on Amazon. It lists Joker as only 6', while Wonder Woman is at 6'2". (She is an Amazon, but it seems like she'd tower over Superman in her heels.)

I've always enjoyed reading the "official" heights and weights because they can seem so crazy. They often claim Tim Drake is really tiny -- 5'5" and 125 pounds or 5'7" and 135. Conner, on the other hand, will be listed at 5'7 and 150, even when it's the very bulky T-shirt version.
    Is this the current official listing for DC? What does it list Power Girl as? Because she's another case of the old "official" listing being different from the art, which is confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I have seen DC use the following:

Superman 6'3"
    Batman 6'2"
    Wonder Woman 5'11" or 6'0"
    Power Girl 5'7"
    Supergirl 5'6"
    Black Canary 5'7"
    Hawkgirl/Woman 5'9"
    Martian Manhunter 6'0"

Hope this helps you.
    Yeah I’ve always thought of Superman being 6’3, Batman 6’2, Wonder Woman 5’11. But J’onn is usually shown to be taller than the Trinity. Maybe around 6’6. I’d say Nightwing is about 5’9. Grayson should be relatively smaller than the others as it works with his gymnast frame.

BANNED

Harley is five foot 7

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post

Wonky heights is part of the reason why I look the heights up XD.

To give a non-DC example, Sailor Moon is 4'11"

Wonky heights is part of the reason why I look the heights up XD.
    True. But I disregard them sometimes. Because they are bonkers. But I use most of them. But Diana at 6'2" would be in the same percentile as a 6'8" man, and that's too tall for me. Maps is way too short in Gotham Academy (she's 14, so should be very close, if not already reaching, adult height, and is 4'6").

But yeah, inconsistency all over the place. Usually in the 1990s, Tim was drawn a little taller than Steph. If he's 5'6" and she's 5'5" that works (though he was listed as 5'1" for part of that era, I know, but I assume it to have been a holdover from his 13-year-old self). Until she's shown the same height as her father - and Arthur's listed as 5'11" tall (she did have heels, but low ones) - I get the dramatic effect the panel was going for , though. Barbara used to be drawn to suit the 5'11" height in the mid-1970s, but has definitely been shorter other times, but her listed height has changed, too, so she's more in the clear. The hierarchical Bat-drawing has already been mentioned. Ted Kord is listed at 5'11" and was drawn in a way that seemed that height for a while, then he got short compared to others for a while. Booster's supposedly 6'5" post-COIE, but sometimes is the same height as Ted or Bruce.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I most often see Bats as 6'2" yes
    Dick is officially 5'10" regardless of how often he's drawn as tallest of the Bat Boys because they like that Robin staircase, although I heard he used to be 6'0" Pre Crisis
    Pre-Crisis, most superheroes were 6' (including Clark and Bruce). Dick was always drawn shorter than that.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Unless it's taken before Crisis when Dick was 6'0" Starfire at 6'6" is way too high
    Also, this looks fan made
    She was way tall pre-Crisis when Perez drew her. The top 3 inches are probably hair.

Booster Gold was supposed to be 6'5, but isn't drawn that way anymore. The original "Who's Who" had a lot of heights as well.