Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Can't speak r.e. Game of Thrones fans, but I'm in Star Wars fandom circles and believe you me, there are no "higher standards." The Star Wars fandom is one of the most toxic and entitled ones out there, and that gets easily mistaken for "standards."

I don't believe this for a second, if there are no High standards than why are the prequels viewed as bad compared to the OT. A new hope was nominated for best picture at the Oscars.
    How come star wars fans figured it out that force awakens was crackpot re-do of a new hope?
    how did last jedi draw so much backlash it made even Disney panic.

there are higher standards, you are forgetting film is a real art form like literature. Its not just something fan boys, fan kids, movie critics and fan girls enjoy for hobbies. every long running series has higher standards, star wars, marvel, DC, star trek, LOTR, GOT.

Game of thrones standards was established in the earlier seasons because the earlier seasons where adapting the books. the last seasons sucked , especially season 8 since George RR Martin did not finish writing the books, so D&D told an original story and they are not as talented as RR Martin so the standard and quality dropped and that enraged fans.

If GOT was a movie, season 8 will not be nominated for any oscars outside of the technical areas. how many major oscars did the LOTR prequels get? zero.

And yet Endgame was the better executed film
    In all fairness though in my first star wars reviews for ROS, I called it a generic wannabe superhero movie., apparently it feels as if you are only measuring the standard of endgame to the past MCU movies, something I don't really do, when I joined cbr one of my first thread was the question the time travel plot, fat thor and if the movie was supposed to be dystopian or not because I never understood how Disney chose to do such a easy formulaic time travel movie for a genre so saturated that we even had hot tubs time machine for pure laughs, though more indulging of its time travel plot diverse to endgame. .

Forget Joker, if DC makes a Flashpoint movie just as good as the animation, maybe bring in Chris Nolan to do the story, editing and cinematography. flashpoint could be a serious Oscar contender if WB pushed for it unlike Endgame that stood no chance though Disney pushed for it. so there are standards and that standard has it do with how much you can push boundaries and be more director independently driven. the name Nolan alone, ups the standard of a movie and can bring in Oscar attention.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 01-28-2020 at 07:57 AM.