Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

I had to look at it more than once. On first view I didn’t think Bobby was teleporting, but on second I was like is he?? It was very unclear. I do love Iceman being aggressive with his powers. Ice and cold can be very dangerous so I’m glad we are seeing him as the powerhouse he is. I like that the writer acknowledges that Bobby and Storm are omega level mutants.

Wonder if fans will hate on Iceman and the writer like they did when Sina had Iceman be aggressive with his powers?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah I think it was The Mercury teleporting them out of there.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I don't think I agree with that. That needs some clarification.
    Thanks for taking the fun out of it.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I don't think I agree with that. That needs some clarification.
    AoA Iceman was able to teleport and bring people along via moisture molecular inversion. It might be them giving our Bobby this ability, and given that Bishop knew AoA Bobby it's plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I had to look at it more than once. On first view I didn’t think Bobby was teleporting, but on second I was like is he?? It was very unclear. I do love Iceman being aggressive with his powers. Ice and cold can be very dangerous so I’m glad we are seeing him as the powerhouse he is. I like that the writer acknowledges that Bobby and Storm are omega level mutants.

Wonder if fans will hate on Iceman and the writer like they did when Sina had Iceman be aggressive with his powers?
    I'm all for it! The boy is a bruiser and I like it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I never read Grace's Iceman but, yes...I'm all for Bobby being "aggressive".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

It's about time Bobby does something. He is a badass. Great work Duggan.

BANNED

Iceman #2 Feb 1985
    "Instant Karma!"
    Brought before a judge and encourage to keep up the good work Iceman gets one over on the pestering policeman
    who had seemingly nothing better to do then harass him ever since returning for his father's retirement party last issue.

Upon leaving the courthouse in search of his attractive neighbor, Bobby Drake accidentally kick starts
    a time machine he discovered in the ruble left from his fight with The Idiot and White Light.
    Hurtling through time he arrives in the past only to be injured by a policeman who is startled by his transformation.
    After passing out he luckily is discovered by two kind and thoughtful teenagers who somehow feel connected to Bobby.

After talking a bit the familiarity becomes apparent when Bobby realizes
    he is in the care of his parents one year before they are to be married.

After a short time a battle breaks out.

Will Iceman be able to save his parents, thus secure his existence?
    Will someone come to his aid, or will he simply cease to be?

Written by J.M. DeMatteis. Art by Al Kupperburg and Mike Gustovich.

Is it strange that I'm often annoyed when artists change the color of character's hair from book to book? For example, Bobby has brown hair. In X/FF they gave him blonde hair. Why???

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Is it strange that I'm often annoyed when artists change the color of character's hair from book to book? For example, Bobby has brown hair. In X/FF they gave him blonde hair. Why???
    He looks better Blonde Truthfully.

Just read Astonishing X-Men from 2015(?). Very good Bobby book if any of u haven't read it. Need more tho

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    I'm with you on this. It annoys me so much. It has happened with Bobby a lot over the years. Why can't colorists get his hair colour right?
    Can you imagine if they drew Jean with blond hair or Ororo with black hair? Scott as a redhead? Why is it that Bobby is fair game for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    He doesn't.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I'm with you on this. It annoys me so much. It has happened with Bobby a lot over the years. Why can't colorists get his hair colour right?
    Can you imagine if they drew Jean with blond hair or Ororo with black hair? Scott as a redhead? Why is it that Bobby is fair game for this?
    I blame Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends. The studio became extra lazy when they couldn't get the rights to use Johnny. Johnny's character design became "Bobby" and Mary Jane's design became "Angelica". After that, it's been fair game to showcase Bobby as blond (also see WatXM).

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I never read Grace's Iceman but, yes...I'm all for Bobby being "aggressive".
    I would take a look at it though it had very mixed reviews from fans. I liked the first Sina series. The second one wasn't as good (I do realize a lot of folks thought the second series was better).

Iceman was aggressive during his fight with Daken and a lot of the comicsgate fans tried to act like Sina made him a sociopath, which of course was bunk they just didn't like Sina Grace.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I loved Iceman's look and personality on the short lived Wolverine and the X-men cartoon. He was blonde there. I do like Bobby with brown hair, but the blonde can work for him. Why not change it up from time to time.

I prefer him with a light brown hair. Otherwise he gets mixed up with Cannonball.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/