Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Should Bobby get another solo series? I want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh thanks for posting the full list. The interaction with Rogue was cute too, she could feel there was something wrong.

Has Rogue ever absorbed Bobby? She could have known a bit about his doubts about his sexuality too.
    Ultimate Xmen, Rogue had sex with Bobby. She absorbed Gambit who died in the book and used his powers to be able to touch others. Her name was Marian Carlyle (Earth 1610), circa 2001.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    I'd certainly enjoy an Iceman solo. Probably would only be a mini-series though.

I'm probably in the minority but Marauders feels like its a continuation of his solo series. That said, I would love for Iceman to get another series.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I'm probably in the minority but Marauders feels like its a continuation of his solo series. That said, I would love for Iceman to get another series.
    It is kind of a spiritual continuation with Bobby getting knocked back into 'backup dancer' land.

I've always wanted a Bobby, Johnny Storm, Peter Parker, and someone else around that age to have a team or series or sum.

I'd be open to another solo for him. I think it'd be interesting if it would be based on his life on Krakoa, guest judging on Drag Race, etc. His thoughts and side adventures while sailing the world.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'd be open to another solo for him. I think it'd be interesting if it would be based on his life on Krakoa, guest judging on Drag Race, etc. His thoughts and side adventures while sailing the world.
    I wish they'd do an anthology series so we could get some insight into all sorts of X-folk on Krakoa and how they're adjusting and what they're up to, etc etc.
    But yes, I would reeeeeeeeeeally love to get Bobby another solo (mini?) but with one of these more prominent artists attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I wish they'd do an anthology series so we could get some insight into all sorts of X-folk on Krakoa and how they're adjusting and what they're up to, etc etc.
    But yes, I would reeeeeeeeeeally love to get Bobby another solo (mini?) but with one of these more prominent artists attached.
    I agree completely and a few others have said the same thing about an anthology series. You hear that, X-Office?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I agree completely and a few others have said the same thing about an anthology series. You hear that, X-Office?
    Giant Size X-Men is arguably that.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I finally just read all of Sina Grace's Iceman!

It seemed like it should have been staring the teen Iceman...for real...I can read it that way and be very happy.

But personally and honestly that wasn't what the book was trying to be about.

So I have problems with the whole thing...beginning with dating apps and then gender queerness being founded personally through acts of impersonal externalized sexuality...it's overt and made for a media outing...it's a super hero version of somethings so not super hero feeling...omega isn't how it feels...kinda the opposite really...like learning a more subtle something...so subtle...and unsure

for me...um...for me at least

glamorizing this incredibly unglamorous struggle is dangerous
    it can really hurt a person to feel like you get powered up...or anything 'extra'...for trying to be your self...Grace's story isn't sensitive to somebody really vulnerable or for real in real life at all, and alone.

But I'm very grateful Sina Grace wrote it and that I read it. It is an important X-Book.
    Last edited by sungila; 01-25-2020 at 12:24 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    I finally just read all of Sina Grace's Iceman!

It seemed like it should have been staring the teen Iceman...for real...I can read it that way and be very happy.

But personally and honestly that wasn't what the book was trying to be about.

So I have problems with the whole thing...beginning with dating apps and then gender queerness being founded personally through acts of impersonal externalized sexuality...it's overt and made for a media outing...it's a super hero version of somethings so not super hero feeling...omega isn't how it feels...kinda the opposite really...like learning a more subtle something...so subtle...and unsure

for me...um...for me at least

glamorizing this incredibly unglamorous struggle is dangerous
    it can really hurt a person to feel like you get powered up...or anything 'extra'...for trying to be your self...Grace's story isn't sensitive to somebody really vulnerable or for real in real life at all, and alone.

But I'm very grateful Sina Grace wrote it and that I read it. It is an important X-Book.
    I was hoping that that run would have given a more serious insight to his issues. I know that Sina wanted it to be light, but it would have been nice to see something like being stuck in the closet being explored in a comic book. Yeah gay culture is a topic that we do not see often in mainstream comics, but sometimes it seemed a caricature to me. And some representation given to people that have not yet come to terms with their sexuality or haven't been able to come out to their friends and families would have held more meaning than seeing Iceman go through dating apps. But maybe it's just me that wanted that since I'm sensitive about it hahaha and the general audience prefered the gay and proud take.

(Yeah there were scenes with his family but I didn't find them meaningful but very boring and they didn't solve anything)

Hey guys !
    I'm looking for a nice Iceman statue for my room. Do you know any good model or where to buy some, official or not ? I d'ont exactly know where to start and I'm only finding ebays or pinterest links.

Last edited by Anduinel; 01-25-2020 at 03:59 PM.

Outside of that, a good bet probably would be to go to eBay and search for "iceman statue". Fair warning, though, most of the collectibles you'll find on there are likely to be out of print and pricey. You might sometimes find a comic shop looking to move old stock, though.