Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    All-New Member

Off the chance anyone wonders what Iceman's powers would reach at its absolute peak, original 2001 X-Men Forever mini-series might be worth checking out. The writer of the series, Fabian Nicieza, does a really good job exploring how Bobby Drake became a victim of his own insecurities and squandered limitless potential to maintain humanity. It might as well be construed as a metaphor for humans who strive for living up to their full potential. In the last two issues, Bobby racked up feats that of cosmic proportions; he not only managed to molecularly merge with the Celestial AI ship -- which isn't dissimilar from the way he became omnipresent during Marjorie Liu's Astonishing X-Men -- but also gained the upperhand on Stranger, a cosmic being whose power is up there along the likes of Galactus, Zeus and Odin. Going by lousy memory, this is also the first comic where the concept of Omega level was fleshed out.

Quote Originally Posted by IceMaster View Post
    Off the chance anyone wonders what Iceman's powers would reach at its absolute peak, original 2001 X-Men Forever mini-series might be worth checking out. The writer of the series, Fabian Nicieza, does a really good job exploring how Bobby Drake became a victim of his own insecurities and squandered limitless potential to maintain humanity. It might as well be construed as a metaphor for humans who strive for living up to their full potential. In the last two issues, Bobby racked up feats that of cosmic proportions; he not only managed to molecularly merge with the Celestial AI ship -- which isn't dissimilar from the way he became omnipresent during Marjorie Liu's Astonishing X-Men -- but also gained the upperhand on Stranger, a cosmic being whose power is up there along the likes of Galactus, Zeus and Odin. Going by lousy memory, this is also the first comic where the concept of Omega level was fleshed out.
    Bobby also apparently is capable of some form of Immortality or at least stopping his aging! Old Gandalf Bobby was centuries old! My theory was that his inner body parts became completely frozen or unneeded entirely thus stopping the aging Process. Bobby is one of the top 5 omegas IMO.

I have a feeling that Bobby is a lot more powerful than we know or even he knows

Quote Originally Posted by IceMaster View Post
    Flash freezing the planet and creating a modern day ice age

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    I have a feeling that Bobby is a lot more powerful than we know or even he knows
    I don't know where his power levels are at these days. It's been quite some time since I've a story featuring the character. I think, though, that subconsciously he always had more than the ability to just create ice. Being able to project it alludes to some kind of mental projection of the ice he created. And since you'd rarely see an ice slide/bridge after he stopped using it -- it's possible that he subconsciously disassembled those without even knowing it.

Bobby hasn't even scratched the surface of what his powers afford him. He is both a thermokinetic & hydrokinetic, manipulating temperature & moisture, respectively.

With that in mind, "making ice" really feels like a crutch to me. Its the thing he's become most practiced with, most comfortable with, so its the thing he does the most.
    Theoretically, his powers should allow him to not only lower the temperature, but also elevate it. And he should also be able to control water -- which anyone who has seen Avatar the Last Airbender knows that "water bending" is a phenomenal ability with a WILD array of applications.

I understand and respect Marvel's decision to limit his powers (limitations, hindrances, and handicaps are really what make these characters so much more compelling and dynamic -- particularly in team settings) but I feel Bobby's RANGE is infinitely more expansive than he may ever get the opportunity to fully explore.

Is he listed as Omega in the current era? Reading through these past few posts I feel like he should be
    edit: just read that he is...fingers crossed his limits/lack thereof are explored

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Is he listed as Omega in the current era? Reading through these past few posts I feel like he should be
    edit: just read that he is...fingers crossed his limits/lack thereof are explored
    Iceman remained omega level and his specific omega power was listed as temperature manipulation (negative).

Astonishing Member

I guess the Capcom Game Designers didnt see through the hints or had any idea of Bobby's future as you can see, he's impressing the ladies in the beach with ice sculptures

That was true to Bobby in the comics at the time. Using his powers to impress people and flirt was a thing he did often. It was innocent

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

We're finally getting Bobby's Fantastic Four story in September!

FANTASTIC FOUR #24
    DAN SLOTT (W) • PACO MEDINA (A) • Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    HUMAN TORCH TIMELESS VARIANT COVER by ALEX ROSS
    INVISIBLE WOMAN TIMELESS VARIANT COVER by ALEX ROSS
    MISTER FANTASTIC TIMELESS VARIANT COVER by ALEX ROSS
    THE THING TIMELESS VARIANT COVER by ALEX ROSS
    Hey, remember that time Iceman replaced the Human Torch as a member of the Fantastic Four? No? Well, Johnny Storm sure remembers! And now it’s time to let everybody else in on the secret of the Fantastic Four story we were never supposed to talk about!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Here for it!

Looks like the Silver Age era based on the costumes so very interested in this. Iceman was one of the few X-Men back then who used to appear in other books as a solo character.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Double-page spread preview for Fantastic Four #24 with Bobby.

https://www.gamesradar.com/franklin-...-in-september/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Who's that kid....Franklin? He stayed on Krakoa in that FF mini?