Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Re: Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Bobby hasn't even scratched the surface of what his powers afford him. He is both a thermokinetic & hydrokinetic, manipulating temperature & moisture, respectively.

With that in mind, "making ice" really feels like a crutch to me. Its the thing he's become most practiced with, most comfortable with, so its the thing he does the most.
    Theoretically, his powers should allow him to not only lower the temperature, but also elevate it. And he should also be able to control water -- which anyone who has seen Avatar the Last Airbender knows that "water bending" is a phenomenal ability with a WILD array of applications.

I understand and respect Marvel's decision to limit his powers (limitations, hindrances, and handicaps are really what make these characters so much more compelling and dynamic -- particularly in team settings) but I feel Bobby's RANGE is infinitely more expansive than he may ever get the opportunity to fully explore.
    Of course Bobby will get to that level. Yeah for us progress is slow in the Marvel Universes but in the MU it really isn't that long since Bobby even realized his potential. Remember, Cyclops is from the 60's but is tech in his late 20's (I think).

Rushing it how you want, only leads to every writer trying to one up one another when it comes to power feats.

I think he will naturally get there. He is a popular character that is becoming even more popular than before.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Who's that kid....Franklin? He stayed on Krakoa in that FF mini?
    It is Franklin, the mini ended with him living at home with his family but also making regular visits to Krakoa.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Bobby was in today's issue of FF, and it wasn't great. I know it was a flashback, but it felt like regressive nostalgia pandering, even in the scenes set in the present day. Like it was written by an eighty year old who yearns for the good old days. If this issue was indicative of how slott has been writing this series, I feel really bad for FF fans. Also they made Bobby blond.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Bobby was in today's issue of FF, and it wasn't great. I know it was a flashback, but it felt like regressive nostalgia pandering, even in the scenes set in the present day. Like it was written by an eighty year old who yearns for the good old days. If this issue was indicative of how slott has been writing this series, I feel really bad for FF fans. Also they made Bobby blond.
    His FF are not being very good. Better than his Iron Man but sooooo below his Spider-man or She-Hulk.

I thought it was kinda funny Johnny essentially 'married' Bobby by inviting him to join the family.

As for his hair, sometimes he is blond(like in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends). I think of him as 'dirty blond'. Warren has bright blond, Scott is medium brown, Hank dark brown.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Agreed, You have no idea how agonising Slott's FF run is for me as a die-hard FF fan that wants the new generation of readers to see why the FF was/are such a great comic.

Yep. That's pretty much how Slott's run goes...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Slott aside, I thought it was a decent breather issue at the very least, coming right after the mess that was Empyre.

But yeah, Slott was very good for this book until the wedding. Except that was 20 issues ago. The case could be made for the Hulk battle sure, but even then that was still like 12 issues ago or so (and so even longer than a year thanks to Covid).

I hate when they color Bobby as a blonde and it seemed even more since the person he was bouncing off of was Johnny, another blonde

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Slott aside, I thought it was a decent breather issue at the very least, coming right after the mess that was Empyre.

But yeah, Slott was very good for this book until the wedding. Except that was 20 issues ago. The case could be made for the Hulk battle sure, but even then that was still like 12 issues ago or so (and so even longer than a year thanks to Covid).
    It was a nice breather issue but all in all just kinda felt like an unnecessary issue that really only existed to explain the retcon he had created at the start of the run by having Bobby as one of the FF members summoned in by Reed. It could have just as easily been an issue welcoming the FF’s newest family members and celebrating the family as a whole.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I thought it was kinda funny Johnny essentially 'married' Bobby by inviting him to join the family.

As for his hair, sometimes he is blond(like in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends). I think of him as 'dirty blond'. Warren has bright blond, Scott is medium brown, Hank dark brown.
    I go with dirty blond or pehaps it gets sun bleached due to his tropical shirt wearing self.

Logan's eyes are sometimes blue or brown, I decided its power oriented.

Anyone else upset we haven't seen Bobby since the summer? I need more content!

I'd like Bobby to leave Marauders. For almost a year, he hasn't done anything except dating Christian Frost

I think it would be more interesting to see him join the upcoming X-Corp book. After all, he's also an accountant, right ?
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 12-19-2020 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I'd like Bobby to leave Marauders. For almost a year, he hasn't done anything except dating Christian Frost

I think it would be more interesting to see him join the upcoming X-Corp book. After all, he's also an accountant, right ?
    Omg yes! I used to get Marauders just for Bobby. Like those earlier issues when Bobby, Christian, and Pyro had larger roles were the only ones I cared for. He's been ignored for wayyyy too long. X Corp would be cool.