Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Hmm. I'm not sure. While "sexy" is obviously subjective, I don't know if I would like Bobby drawn too conventionally sexy/hunky. A part of his charm is that he's always been boyish. His personality has always been charismatic, but he never really had "sex appeal," ya know? But hey, just as real people do, fictional characters can evolve and develop. So, why not? Haha!
    Boyish-cute definitely but I think he has been on the verge of sexy, amazing I'know - take Peter Parker who is I'd classify as boyish-sexy. I think he was close to becoming sexy in Operation Zero Tolerance and if they picked up after that and ran with it he would have went straight to boyish-sexy town. I don't know, that story did something to me... I stopped seeing a boy and started seeing a man. LOL.

So I was rereading some old stuff, and after Emma possessed Bobby she gave him "the talk" about reaching his potential and how she could show him how. She also said she and he both knew the secret reason why he was afraid of his potential. I like to think that it was Emma pushing him to come out (without outing him lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    So I was rereading some old stuff, and after Emma possessed Bobby she gave him "the talk" about reaching his potential and how she could show him how. She also said she and he both knew the secret reason why he was afraid of his potential. I like to think that it was Emma pushing him to come out (without outing him lol).
    Which issue is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Which issue is this?
    Uncanny X-Men Issue 314: Emma wakes up from her coma in a possessed body of Iceman and discovers her Hellions died.

Phalanx Covenant: Phalanx kidnap the X-Men; Banshee and Emma form Generation X.

Uncanny X-Men 318: Generation X kids leave for Emma's school in Boston renamed Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters; while Emma gifts Xavier a sign to the new Xavier Institute for Higher Learning. Iceman confronts Emma over using powers better than he can. First of many FAB interactions.

Post Age of Apocalypse: Iceman road trips with Rogue and keeps seeing Emma everywhere.

Uncanny X-Men 331: After being injured by Post (in X-Men 50) Iceman confronts Emma yet again her offices in New York. This is where Emma makes her interior design joke about Iceman.

He later shows up as a guest teacher in Generation X and Emma takes him to prom to make Banshee jealous. The two don't really interact much till she joined the main team; and their history isn't really brought up again till after he comes out. I think Jean's outing of Iceman (and Emma's keeping it a secret) adds another great level in this Emma/Jean rivalry.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Looking at the X-Men/FF coming out next month, cant help but see Bobby. I hope he'll have a larger role. Think we'll finally see that promised story that was mentioned back in FF#3?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Looking at the X-Men/FF coming out next month, cant help but see Bobby. I hope he'll have a larger role. Think we'll finally see that promised story that was mentioned back in FF#3?
    Not sure. But I do hope we get some banter between Johnny and Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Not sure. But I do hope we get some banter between Johnny and Bobby.
    Agreed! Loved their exchanges in FF2 and 3!

What ever happened to the inhuman that young bobby dated, Romeo?

I think he dumped Bobby? And then I believe stopped answering Bobby's messages. Haven't seen him since, I don't think.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I think he dumped Bobby? And then I believe stopped answering Bobby's messages. Haven't seen him since, I don't think.
    Yeah, he ghosted Bobby. I think the last reference we get of him in in the Iceman solo where we see young Bobby telling him off over the phone.

I was re-reading the Astonishing X-men story where Iceman goes dark (Apocalypse seed or whatever) and it was a lot better than I remembered. It was a pretty good Iceman story and I loved the end of that run the scenes between Iceman and Northstar. I like their friendship. Bobby Drake is such a great character and it is always good when he gets focus and attention.

So far I am loving him in Marauders (though I'm not sure about him needing to be rescued by Kitty or others so much.. I mean he is one of the earth's strongest mutants..). I liked his relationship with Judah, Simon and more recently Christian Frost.

While I've got my own preferred 'ships for Bobby, what I like most about his his having a variety of lovers/potential love interests is that it feels like he's getting some time to figure out what he wants, you know? He hasn't been out all that long in comic time, then AoXM stuffed him back into the proverbial closet for a while so... dude is dealing with a lot. I hope we get some of that self-exploration laid out a bit more explicitly on the page, though. I feel like that could be a good conversation between Bobby and Christian, or even Bobby and Emma. Just... not Bobby and Kate, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    While I've got my own preferred 'ships for Bobby, what I like most about his his having a variety of lovers/potential love interests is that it feels like he's getting some time to figure out what he wants, you know? He hasn't been out all that long in comic time, then AoXM stuffed him back into the proverbial closet for a while so... dude is dealing with a lot. I hope we get some of that self-exploration laid out a bit more explicitly on the page, though. I feel like that could be a good conversation between Bobby and Christian, or even Bobby and Emma. Just... not Bobby and Kate, please.
    It would be good if it was Bobby/Kate if the point was to get her out of the closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It would be good if it was Bobby/Kate if the point was to get her out of the closet.
    Pretty sure that will never happen, alas. Marvel actually considers her a marketable character.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Please, and thank you.