Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Krakoan Problems, Krakoan Solutions: M-Day & Depowered Mutants

The Problem

We all know the infamous incident in which The Pretender uttered three words that undid centuries of progress for mutantkind: No. More. Mutants. At least a million mutants have been unfairly depowered and some even directly killed as a result of losing their natural gifts. But it didn’t stop there, humans took it upon themselves to wipe out mutants, both empowered and depowered. Without Cerebro, it seems that all hope is lost for those depowered mutants who were murdered by their human oppressors. However, in the Messiah Complex prelude ‘Endangered Species’, not only do we find that the isolated mutant genome has crumbled in the wake of the spell but we see Beast completely abandon her morals to not only team up with the most decrepit eugenicists and psychopaths but go on a goose chase with Dark Beast to find a way to restart mutations. Restore the natural order.

His attempts were made in vain.

But there was a theory prompted by our blue beast. While desecrating the corpses of Genosha with his AoA self, he posits that even though mutants have been depowered to the point that they can neither use their powers nor be seen by Cerebro, they’ve actually been reduced to being virtually undetectable rather than their X-Gene simply erased. And as we would find out, years later, Beast was right.

Possible Solutions

Mothervine:

This isn’t really a fix-all as it’s really just proof to Beast’s theory. This biotech enhancement was created using the DNA of Jimmy Hudson and had been released throughout the world. And even though the popular notion running around was that mutants had lost all trace of their X-Gene, this proved the existence of some semblance of a mutant genome in previously depowered mutants.

Transmode Virus:

Karma and the clandestine machinations of the Hatchi Corporation eventually lead to most of the New Mutants being infected by Warlock. Among these New Mutants was the depowered Danielle Moonstar. While infected, Rosenberg informed us that Warlock has tinkered around with her DNA and managed to reactivate her dormant X-Gene. By the time she was cured by Dark Beast (go figure), she was back to being Mirage.

Phoenix:

Phoenix gave no shits about what The Pretender did to mutantkind. She has always been mutantkind’s protector and this time was no different and this help came in the form of Hope Summers. With the goal of preparing herself to receive the full power of the Phoenix to restore mutantkind, she was trained by Cable, Cyclops, Rogue, and even Iron Fist. By the time she became the White Phoenix of the Crown, she has turned to the side of the Avengers and combined her power with Chaos Magic to disperse reactivation sparsely enough to restore the X-Gene but not enough to reverse the affected depowered mutants.

The Five:

All great works can be done through the Five. All we need to do is believe.

Sinister’s DNA Bank:

As we learned during Beast’s trials and tribulations: all isolated, biological samples of the X-Gene were rendered inert. You would think that this could stop the genetic, femme madman that we all know as Mister Sinister. As annoying as it is that he would’ve had to restart his bio samples since mutantkind’s pooch was screwed, we learned in House of X #5 that Sinister has switched over to holographic sequencing in order to record mutant DNA. That’s probably a bit harder to erase seeing as how the spell didn’t even completely erase the genome let alone affect data.

Now when did Sinister make that switch? I think Moira’s lives let us know when. During Moira IV’s lifetime, the history shared is eerily similar to her tenth life, including M-Day and the AvX war. Moira knee that this day would eventually com to haunt mutantkind and that all existing isolated strands of the X-Gene would be nothing but dust. If Sinister has made those preparations in his DNA database before the spell hit, all depowered mutants would still have a way to come back.

Aren't all mutants re-powered now?

At least all named ones we have seen over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

No, there’s still a million depowered mutants, including Prodigy, Stacy X, Wind Dancer, King Bedlam, Phaser, and Aero.

Never heard of Bedlam or Phaser.

Aero - Melody Guthrie - will need a new codename if she gets her powers back, because of the Agents of Atlas member. Who funnily enough, pretty much has the same powers Wind Dancer had. Wouldn't surprise me if that's the reason those two haven't been repowered yet.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-13-2020 at 09:57 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

King Bedlam is the brother of Bedlam, the mutant technopath from X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    No, there’s still a million depowered mutants, including Prodigy, Stacy X, Wind Dancer, King Bedlam, Phaser, and Aero.
    And they would need to first....die....and go through the resurrection process, to ensure re-empowerment, correct?

BANNED

Motherwine right now is off limits Jimmy Hudson is the only souce and now that he is a Poison isnt even sure if his blood will have the same effect.

Transmode : a posibilty, but not until Cypher is back on Krakoa.

Ressurection : I doubt it, then the problem would be already solved I think that erase the data and samples is far more easy than erase the genes of someone.

Phoenix: Deux ex machina.

Another solution : Wanda

King Bedlam is the brother of Bedlam, the mutant technopath from X-Force.
    Ah. The only X-Force I've read is the current one. Thanks.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Another solution : Wanda
    Was going to suggest "magic" as a solution, but

You could make a new Five combo with Synch, Wanda, Caliban, and whoever... link up and bend the rules to release a depowered mutation.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Was going to suggest "magic" as a solution, but

You could make a new Five combo with Synch, Wanda, Caliban, and whoever... link up and bend the rules to release a depowered mutation.
    Wanda has not got the Life Force power now. Her and Hope working in tandem worked because she had the Phoenix thrown in the mix.

Nice post!

I think they should do something very dark like "The Pit" were depowered mutants get killed to be reborn through the Five. Probably too much dark???

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    And they would need to first....die....and go through the resurrection process, to ensure re-empowerment, correct?
    I would think so. But maybe just bringing them to Krakoa could work, since the island should have the Transmode Virus flowing through it by now. Then again, it did sound like that was something Warlock did to help Dani and not just an automatic benefit of being infected. Jean should get the Phoenix to come back.

I would think so. But maybe just bringing them to Krakoa could work, since the island should have the Transmode Virus flowing through it by now. Then again, it did sound like that was something Warlock did to help Dani and not just an automatic benefit of being infected.
    This is exactly what I was thinking, by way of the Transmode. I almost jumped for joy when Dani got her powers back.

And yes, we know the Phoenix would come running if Jean asked.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

No, there’s still a million depowered mutants, including Prodigy,
    https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/...499296773?s=21
    David does have his powers back but the how and why is a hUGE story line so I’m gonna ask for everyone’s patience while we get there!
    nvm i guess

LOL! What a glorious day.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!