Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Im actually happy this is a storyline and they just didnt tell us: "Yes. They are repowered"

I want to know the process. They made a big deal about being depowered for years.

I'd like to have at least one arc into mutants getting them back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Im actually happy this is a storyline and they just didnt tell us: "Yes. They are repowered"

I want to know the process. They made a big deal about being depowered for years.

I'd like to have at least one arc into mutants getting them back.
    Leah has said on Twitter that Prodigy will have his powers back in the first arc and will be part of the plot. So I suppose that it won’t be so easy as saying “ yes I have my powers back”

Also I want to know if they will do something massive like mothervine to repower all the mutants or they will do it one by one asking if they want their powers back.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Also I want to know if they will do something massive like mothervine to repower all the mutants or they will do it one by one asking if they want their powers back.
    That's a good point. Some may decide to stick with their human lives.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    That's a good point. Some may decide to stick with their human lives.
    And some of them had powers horrible I remember a girl of Xfactor whose only power was explode in fire but feeling the pain. Or the son of that journalist who appeared in Civil war and house of M, his only power was deage himself until he died

Mutations like those never made sense in the context of what mutations were supposed to be. But between Prodigy, Angel, and Dani, it looks like the spell’s effect is starting to fade off of named characters again which is huge. The sooner it’s done away with, the sooner we could also integrate The Oretender back into mutant status and utilize all mutants on Krakoa (except pre-cogs lol).

BANNED

I would love to have wanda as far away as humanly possible from any x-book unless its a mention or a data page, the editorial 10 feet pole needs to be respected.
    Id rather canonize zaladane's crazy ass over the pretender maxipad

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Mutations like those never made sense in the context of what mutations were supposed to be. But between Prodigy, Angel, and Dani, it looks like the spell’s effect is starting to fade off of named characters again which is huge. The sooner it’s done away with, the sooner we could also integrate The Oretender back into mutant status and utilize all mutants on Krakoa (except pre-cogs lol).
    X gene is usually chaotic. the mutants are in the middle of Eternals and Deviants. Eternals have all the same potential powers (inmortality, manipulation of every kind of energy , etc) only defined by training. Deviants have all diferent powers the only thing they have in common is that there arent two deviants with the same powers.
    Mutants are in the middle usually the powers are influenced by their ancestors with a few differences. And in all mutations are wrongs mutants that arent suppose to survive, Krakoa will have to handle mutants whose powers useless and harming for them and those around them.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Maybe it could be a question about the most painless or efficient way to die so you can be resurrected with your mutation again
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Maybe it could be a question about the most painless or efficient way to die so you can be resurrected with your mutation again
    Scalphunter has really good aim. back of the head. they wouldn't have enough time to feel pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Scalphunter has really good aim. back of the head. they wouldn't have enough time to feel pain.
    Good one! I wonder if they have to section off an area of the island for all the bodies/empty husks or if Krakoa can just dine on them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

Given that it was amped-up reality manipulation that did the deed in the first place, amped-up reality manipulation should be able to undo it, one mutant at a time, without much trouble. Get Chance (from Fallen Angels) or some other power-booster (like Cressida?) together with Proteus or Wiccan or Wanda or Jim Jaspers (or any combination of the four), and take it step by step.

The 'Life Force' allowed Wanda to affect the whole world at one go, in an instant, but just one person at a time, right there in front of them? Should be doable.

Hell, throw Infectia (grants people mutant forms, temporarily) and / or Sage (activates mutant powers) into the mix, for kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Given that it was amped-up reality manipulation that did the deed in the first place, amped-up reality manipulation should be able to undo it, one mutant at a time, without much trouble. Get Chance (from Fallen Angels) or some other power-booster (like Cressida?) together with Proteus or Wiccan or Wanda or Jim Jaspers (or any combination of the four), and take it step by step.

The 'Life Force' allowed Wanda to affect the whole world at one go, in an instant, but just one person at a time, right there in front of them? Should be doable.

Hell, throw Infectia (grants people mutant forms, temporarily) and / or Sage (activates mutant powers) into the mix, for kicks.
    The last time Wanda tried to repower mutants the X-Men attacked her and Wolverine stabbed her son.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    And some of them had powers horrible I remember a girl of Xfactor whose only power was explode in fire but feeling the pain. Or the son of that journalist who appeared in Civil war and house of M, his only power was deage himself until he died
    Ok, maybe this is just my own nerve-pain talking, but I feel like those are the kinds of stories we need to tell too? Mutants with powers who take those kinds of tolls on their bodies, not necessarily in battle, but just in their everyday lives. Like how arthritis might affect us or MS or other such conditions: what happens there? What's the outlook amongst all this happiness? Where's the silver lining?

If they're using things like the Phoenix Force or magic, I don't see why they can't just poof away all the mutantions with drawbacks.

Do you guys think Wanda's spell affected DNA samples too? If it erased the X-Genes from Sinisters database it might be tricky to repower them.