Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Me, banging pots & pans at 4:30am outside Marvel HQ screaming: REPOWER THE VENEZUELAN AIR BENDER, GAWDAMNIT!!!!

BANNED

the way sofia was just removed witout any cerimony was always so shitty to me(tnx wendy) , bring her back marvel
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-16-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Me, banging pots & pans at 4:30am outside Marvel HQ screaming: REPOWER THE VENEZUELAN AIR BENDER, GAWDAMNIT!!!!
    I'm with Fokken for fokk's sake! Repower. Repower.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Resurrect Genus https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Tim_Rhodes_(Earth-616) and with his abilities he can easily repower all the depowered mutants.
    He could very well be a a way to repower mutants.

That's a cool Synch avatar. I love him.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Synch340 View Post
    He could very well be a a way to repower mutants.
    Yeah, Hickman did say that everyone can be brought back so I wonder if that’ll also apply to Genus.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

And even if it was multiverse in scale, Time Runs Out wiped out everything in existence and reality was eventually remade by Franklin Richards, a mutant.
    Man reading this now Decimation was really really stupid. Don't get me wrong it spun out some good stories but also some really dumb ones. The X-Men constantly rubs shoulders with Supreme Beings slash gods so so the writers have to come up with even more convoluted reasoning for why Wandas spell is super permanent and unable to be undone with in like a week which then just drags down the overall narrative.

Or you can get Apocalypse to beat you to death. Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Or you can get Apocalypse to beat you to death. Huh.
    I'm hoping some other mutants volunteer to run the Crucible. Poccy is busying invading Otherworld

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'm hoping some other mutants volunteer to run the Crucible. Poccy is busying invading Otherworld
    Exodus is virtually unkillable and is on board with the Crucible.

Astonishing Member

Proteus can make an unviable egg viable,can't he make a depowered mutant powered? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Proteus can make an unviable egg viable,can't he make a depowered mutant powered? Just curious
    His reality warping is localized. So unless every repowered mutant stays within a few feet of him, then no.

It works with the eggs because they fertilize the eggs and grow the mutant so fast. Creating something new

Also, a egg is just a giant cell. A person is made up of millions of cells, you would have to alter the DNA in all of them.

It is much more complicated.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    If not just Proteus, the other reality warpers (Jim Jaspers, Wiccan, Wanda, etc.) should be able to work together to do so, and if not on their own, there are mutant power enhancers out there (Fallen Angel named Chance, Cressida, the drug Kick...) that can boost their power.

The only reason it wasn't done is because they didn't want it to be done. Whatever reasoning led to the decision to Decimate in the first place made it narratively necessary for it not to be easily or quickly reversed. Even once it was decided to start re-empowering folks, it had gone on long enough that it wouldn't make sense for the X-peeps, a decade later to say, 'Hey, how about we try to *do something about it*, instead of just complaining about it?'

Editorial fiat overpowers even reality manipulation...

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    YES!

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    If they're using things like the Phoenix Force or magic, I don't see why they can't just poof away all the mutations with drawbacks.
    For people like Beak, whose mutation is 'fugly,' it's as simple as someone like Masque just prettying them up. (And it doesn't even have to be Masque, as any of the power duplicating peeps like Hope or Rogue or Mimic could perhaps use his ability to do something he generally wouldn't do.) Bang, now he's a majestic looking eagle person, not a fugly plucked chicken dude!

For someone like the lady who bursts into flames, but burns when she does so, it seems like Sage might be able to tweak her manifestation to make it 'work right' so that she's immune to her own flames. If not Sage on her own, then perhaps Sage working with Forge, Beast, Sinister, Apocalypse, Dr. Nemesis, Kavita Rao, etc. can come up with a fix, even if it's just a 'Cyclops' sort of 'fix' involving a protective nano-suit bonded to her skin that protects her from her own fiery aura.

Again, it would require editorial to *want* to address these sorts of stories. But they won't, for years and years, making the X-folk look kind of callous for not doing anything about them, until they have to introduce some ham-handed reason why it was never addressed years ago, like, 'You have to swordfight Apocalypse to death to get your powers back, because... reasons.'
    Last edited by Sutekh; 02-26-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member

To be fair, given how Wanda's powers actually work and how unique every realitt warper is, seems like trying to undo M Day would have just brought more problems.