Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default What's you 2020 hope?

I hope things get a little better for certain characters. That Nightwing is treated better. I'm hoping 5G isn't too bad

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

That everyone can enjoy their favorite characters.

I hope for a landmark story for Luke Fox from his Batman run first and foremost, i don't want this to be a disposable thing especially if it ends up being temporary. I hope we see Duke establishing himself as a hero and stops getting dunked on by villains; i would also love for him to get a full costume redesign, if not just take the bat off his face. I would like for Tim's post-Robin career to cement itself this time, i'm tired of the people complaining about Tim being or not being Robin. I have no hopes for Bruce, we've seen just about everything with Bruce, so whatever he does next i'm sure will be fine. While I don't mind the Ric Grayson storyline, i pray they just make him Nightwing again if only so disgruntled Nightwing fans can move on from that plot because i'm tired of seeing complaints about it on everything. I would love to see more Cassandra Cain kicking ass and maturing as a character pass the emotionally stunted heavy of the bat-clan. overall, I would lik all heroes of the Gotham to be allowed to establish themselves beyond the shadow of Batman and not just be "Batman's X" or "Batman but with x distinguishing trait"
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-13-2020 at 06:23 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Bluebird

Remembering that Harper exists, even if she's just a non-costumed ally of the Batman Family.

Priority 1: Dick Grayson back to his old self.
    Priority 2: The three Batgirls all have their full histories acknowledged. Maybe Babs can share the mantle, as Cassandra's Orphan codename no longer makes sense.
    Priority 3: Consistency for Tim Drake. He shouldn't be Red Robin in one book, and Robin/Drake in another.
    Priority 4: Get the Robins' tenures proportionally right when 5G happens - that means Robin's (originally 1940-1984) should be twice as long as Tim's (1989-2009) which in turn is twice as long as Damian's (2009-present). Jason's run as Robin (1984-1988) was shorter than the others, with only Stephanie Brown's tenure (which only lasted a single arc) being shorter. The current rumour is that Tim has the longest tenure, which wouldn't match Nightwing's history (Jason and Tim both started older than he did).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

My problem goes all the way to the top of DC management so I don't think it can be solved within a year

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I would like the all the Gotham heroes of the Gotham to be allowed to establish themselves beyond the shadow of Batman and not just be "Batman's X" or "Batman but with x distinguishing trait"
    Like that. That's the kinda problem I'm talking about.

So, for now, the problem that's not about management...

I guess I hope that the Super Sons graphic novel flop hard enough they'll put Tomasi or other writers that get Super Sons or Super Sons fans, but not too hard they completely cancel it because I think aiming at casual readers not bound by preorder or continuity is a good idea

Kate and Renee getting married. Doesn't even have to be a huge deal (in fact, I'd prefer it not be).
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I hope for a landmark story for Luke Fox from his Batman run first and foremost, i don't want this to be a disposable thing especially if it ends up being temporary. I hope we see Duke establishing himself as a hero and stops getting dunked on by villains; i would also love for him to get a full costume redesign, if not just take the bat off his face. I would like for Tim's post-Robin career to cement itself this time, i'm tired of the people complaining about Tim being or not being Robin. I have no hopes for Bruce, we've seen just about everything with Bruce, so whatever he does next i'm sure will be fine. While I don't mind the Ric Grayson storyline, i pray they just make him Nightwing again if only so disgruntled Nightwing fans can move on from that plot because i'm tired of seeing complaints about it on everything. I would love to see more Cassandra Cain kicking ass and maturing as a character pass the emotionally stunted heavy of the bat-clan. overall, I would like the all the Gotham heroes of the Gotham to be allowed to establish themselves beyond the shadow of Batman and not just be "Batman's X" or "Batman but with x distinguishing trait"
    I like Duke's bat-mask, makes sense with the whole bat signal Signal identity.

My hope for 2020 is good stories.

Incredible Member

I hope that Batman's retirement is due to wanting to raise his daughter Helena with Selina

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    That everyone can enjoy their favorite characters.
    Thank you.

I hope so too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I like Duke's bat-mask, makes sense with the whole bat signal Signal identity.

My hope for 2020 is good stories.
    but he's not named for the bat-signal, bats aren't even his visual motif, it's sunlight. he's named for a "signal" knight, the first knight on the battlefield, the outrider. slapping a bat logo on his face is insulting to the character because the costume doesn't match the hero persona, it only marks him as another notch on Batman's belt. plus, it's not exactly good optics to have his hero identity be associated with the literally Bat-signal. The last three black members of the Batfamily their have their names be tools isn't a great look, doesn't help the looming "tokenism" feel they tend to have due to the Bat-office constantly swapping out black bat-characters with one another, one after the other. Orpheus to Onyx, Onyx to David Zavimbe, Zavimbe to Luke, Luke to Duke, it's not even like they keep them around long enough to interact with one another. I love everything about Duke except his costume, and considering the few stories he gets, the least they could do is let him look like his own character.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

My hopes?
    Bendis leaves Jason, Damian, and the Super line alone.
    Return of Tomasi-style Super Sons (including Jon de-aged).
    Jason and Cass team-up.
    Dick is back to being Dick and Nightwing.

Hmm, for Dick to die. He needs a break after the awful work of the past 2 years, and quite frankly he’d be better off dead then continue to be fodder for these go nowhere bottom of the charts creators.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-13-2020 at 11:57 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

What I always hope for: A Steph solo, or team book where she's one of two to four characters and isn't quite as drowned out as she was on Tec (League of Batgirls, Robin/Spoiler, Birds of Prey).

Would also love to see Huntress (Bertinelli) again.

And a Bat/Cat wedding.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

My Hope's are for nightwing to leave the bat office.
    For nightwing to be relevant in the greater dcu.
    For a lot more stephanie brown.