I predict DC becomes more and more the Bendis show, Snyder gets increasingly edged out and he moves on to creator owned work to great success. 5G bumps sales a bit for a few months and tanks. DC will want to ride it into the ground for about 18 months and roll it back in time for Batman 1000. But they'll see how 5G isn't the success they need so instead they'll become increasingly Marvel like in their event cycling (note how Bendis already brought his posse of Marvelites over to DC). It won't work and either the error is recognized and corrected like they tried with Rebirth (and **** the bed) or they go the Marvel route of infinite events, crossover, variants, #1s. If that happens, the most likely thing to happen is WB mostly closes shop on the floppies and goes the route of Manga and publishes exclusively self contained stories about the cash cow characters.

What I hope is that we see a major restructuring at the editorial level and that we get some hard asses in charge who take a hard look at the numbers and follow the money. The fact that sales on Batman tanked 20% 6 months after the wedding issue and had tanked 30% by the end of the run is beyond comprehension to me. I suppose they may have wanted to let the run see its course so they could collect it in trade and sell it as a "legendary run". But do we remember Batman having nightmares for what was it, 6 goddamn issues?! Did an editor not read that script and see how this was wasted space? Why not give that one issue, and spend the others telling an actual story so the run could wrap up quicker and the character get handed over to another team? I dunno. I'm not an editor but all it smells bad to me. It just doesn't pass the common sense test. And that's what I want, common sense editors with the power to hire and fire based on a solid, long vision oriented sales strategy.